POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting place to work
Performer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 27, 2014
Entertaining guests whether it be performing for them or baking goods in the kitchen for them is the highlight of this job. I really enjoyed working in many departments where I learned several trades and talents that help build my work experience. My fellow co workers were very friendly people and I believe it was because we worked in a place full of the Aloha and Divine spirit. I loved working here at the PCC.
Pros
Meet people of many walks and life, Learn about the many cultures of the pacific, Represent my culture to the guests that come through the center.
Cons
No healthcare, low pay
Loved Working here! Great Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laie, HINovember 20, 2013
Was able to work with many cool people and met tourists from all over the world. A job that allowed me to spread the Hawaiian culture to everyone I met. I was able to do many jobs in my time of employment here but my favorite was taking pictures with the tourists. Overall a very fun and enjoyable place to work.
Pros
co workers, hours, culture, location
Cons
pay
Best Work Place
Supervisor Level 1- Banyan Tree (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 3, 2013
Working here at the Polynesian Cultural Center has helped me realize so many things in my life. This is one of my favorite places to work because of the Spirit of Aloha we share here in the work area. Not just that, we have a great team everywhere in the center & we just love to see the joy on the customers face when they visit the center. The job may be overwelming sometimes, all in the end I have to say i love this job so much.
Great place to meet people from all over the world
Tongan Village Demo Guide (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 7, 2013
I worked as a demo guide in the Tongan village so i would go to work and greet tourist and perform and play the drum to entertain them. I learned more about my own culture as i work there. Management was poor because some workers would just come to work as they please but not according to their schedule. The hardest part of the job is when it rains its hard to entertain the people under a tent and the tourist were sitting in an open space with umbrellas. Most enjoyable part of the job is playing the drums and entertaining the tourist seeing them enjoy the show we put on puts a smile on my face and makes me feel happy.
Pros
Interact with different cultures
Cons
poor management
Great place to work and observe culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 4, 2013
A typical day on the job included opening up a register and helping guests out with cultural products that I sold in the stores. The workers there are super friendly and very knowledgeable about the products if I had any questions.

One of the hardest things that I experienced while working there was that management never gave me any real formal training, but it was rather on-the-job type training. Which I did not have a problem with, but made the learning curve a bit slower.
Good presentation of culture
Concession Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 14, 2013
Culture is well presented here. Fun place to work. Great environment.
A very hard working and rewarding company
In-Center Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laie, HawaiiMarch 28, 2013
As a Marketing Assistant I had numerous jobs and responsibilities which consisted of doing research, assisting in finance distribution, estimating, billing, reporting and invoicing marketing fees and expenses, overseeing the proper running of the center by coordinating with other departments. Organizing meeting and projects and keeping records of them.
Pros
working in multi cultural setting, meeting new people everyday and enjoying work
Cons
continued over time work
Supervisors are very nice and good to work with.
Food Service Runner (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 4, 2013
Workplace is very diverse and fun. Supervisors are nice and good to work with.
Supervisors are very nice and good to work with.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 4, 2013
Working environment is very diverse and fun. Management is a bit lax but nice and good to work with.
Fun and full of culture
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laie, HawaiiDecember 13, 2012
Everyday I enjoyed working, all my co-workers were fun and I enjoyed being at work with them. Also with things that I sold I was able to learn more about different cultures.
nice place
canoe repair/preventive maintenance (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 8, 2012
Pleasant environment with many good and intelligent employees ...I was able to work at my own pace and learn a tremendous amount of knowledge about a range of skills ...fiberglass work, construction, farming, plumbing, welding, carving, the list goes on. Most definitely an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
employee get togethers
Cons
extremely mormon oriented
A day in Aloha
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 1, 2012
I worked at the Ali'i Luau in Laie as a waitress. We start off our day by setting up the tables for our guests and then as the guests came in we'd seat them and serve them the rest of the evening. The food was buffet style so we'd just direct them to lines and answer their questions on the exotic food and dancing that took place. I was in college at the time and so I worked a lot with my peers so we enjoyed ourselves whilst our guests enjoyed their food and entertainment.
PCC Job
Food Service Worker-Table Setter (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 18, 2012
My typical work day was basically come in check what needs to be done and make sure the restaurant is all set up and ready for the guests. I learned that I am a very hard worker and love to communicate with guests instead of just staying in one spot. Management is was awesome got along with them and my co-workers. There was nothing really that hard about my job besides the hot food that had to be placed because sometimes we would be running a little behind but we get it done because we work like a family. The job as a whole is perfect. I loved it and miss working at the PCC.
Fun Place
Multi Purpose Guide (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 13, 2012
Helping our guest to enjoy and learn about the culture. Managements are really great to work with and the co-workers. Nothing hard about the job, the enjoyable part this job is meeting people.
Pros
discount to the center
benefits
memorable and fun place to work
Senior Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  HI, Oahu, LaieJanuary 6, 2012
i've worked in this place over 6yrs. I have gain much love and passion in working their among team members, friends, and management team. I have being train well in being a great Sales Lead, Supervisor and Assist Director. I love the culture and the atmosphere that is present in everyday work when working among employees and customers as they enter the stores.
Pros
very friendly, happy and self motivate place to work.
Cons
little bit of miscommunications on managers
Great place to work, but management could be difficult
Front entrance and "Isand Villages" (Former Employee) –  Japanese Tour GuideNovember 8, 2011
This job was a student position that paid minimum wage, but I also received a half-tuition scholarship. Duties involved answering questions of visitors and giving tours, in Japanese, to Japanese tourists. Helping out in other areas of the center was also expected. It was a very fun job, and the other tour guides were great to work with. Management, however, would occasionally come up with rules that made little sense, and some supervisors abused the power of their positions.
Pros
good working environment, great co-workers
Cons
bad management, standing or walking most of the time