PolyOne Corporation Employee Reviews

Dont be fooled
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHDecember 17, 2018
Long hours and no pay for performance. New hires that do 1/4 of the work you do, make the same rate as you. I was hired in and told a little overtime and seldom work Saturdays, that turned into 12 hours a day and maybe 1 saturday off a month. If you didnt volunteer to work 12 hours they forced you to stay over or come in early. Very , Very short staffed to the point of operating under unsafe conditions. There were times it was just myself and 2 other employees to work a whole shift on Saturday.
fast paced job
tower operator (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHDecember 10, 2018
fast paced job,attention to detail essential,must be able to plan out the work day in order to complete tasks,must be able to overcome any problems which arise
Pros
left alone to do your work without supervision
Cons
poor culture coming from management
Great Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wynne, ARDecember 6, 2018
Closed down operations in 2004 in town I lived in. It was a Company to work for. Very Safe work culture and growth mindset. Learn allot during my time with Polyone
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 15, 2018
It was welcoming at first when you are first introduced to your neighbors in your cubicles. Then work life begins and it's you in your cubicle, work on the computer you are given for the tasks you had to complete, and that was it.
Okay place - old - moved out of state
Production Planner/Scheduler/Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 10, 2018
PolyOne was a nice place to work at. It was originally Spartech, but were purchased by PolyOne just before I started.

The business has moved to another facility in Ohio. I would still be working there if that hadn't happened.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Moved out of state
The place is a sinking ship
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Lou, ALOctober 4, 2018
Our plant changed plant managers about 5 years ago. . . In that time I've seen more turnover than I ever care to see again. "J" has hired bad manager after bad manager - the bonuses have gone - 401k's cut on the match. . . They sit in their office and offer zero leadership - and only question after the fact. Thank God it's over.
Pros
really relaxed most of the time
Cons
managers - heat - out of everything
its a great company to learn what process is like
Tx.- Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Seabrook, TXOctober 2, 2018
a great place to get your feet wet in operations they take time to worship employees and they treat everyone with equal standards . this place is recommended for someone who wants a challenge in production .
good
good
Production, Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with Polyone in the beginning. The training was not GOOD AT ALL NEEDS IMPROVEMENT BAD. I eventually caught on with good team player co-workers. The upper management DO NOT RESPECT THE Supervisor at ALL. UNLESS THEY ARE LIKED PICK AND CHOSE. Co-workers scared to speak up. They will let you go for NO REASON OR IF A SUPERVISOR doesn't like you being honest about work condition. This company has a very HIGH TURN OVER.
Pros
uniform is given and work boots
Cons
poor communication, supervisors
Polyne has no control over this good ole boy network
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 5, 2018
polyone s culture sucks they are very tolerant of racists at this particular location , and it sucks,because the company could so very very much more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they are rascists
Great Company
Professional (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Leaders are great. HR listens and creates a good culture. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement and they take plenty of time to train you properly. There is always someone available to help out if needed. This is not a lazy culture. The people work hard and care about the success of the company.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Ceo
Poor management
Quality Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 21, 2018
All new management took over. Did not want to listen to their employees. Management would lie to you to shut you up. Could not get ahead. All about safety but go faster. Do more but expect less from management. You work your butt off and get treated very poorly.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Everything else
Safety first will stay with me
Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTAugust 16, 2018
Polyone was and is a very safe place to work for concidering that it is a plastics manufactured it is safer to work there than at a bank.
I learned a lot in regards to working safely and how to use computers on a daily basis. The employee relationships were strong and management very easy to communicate with. I came in as a technicican and advanced to process specialist in a few years time. Overall my experience was a good one.
Pros
changes to advance to better position
Cons
very strict at times hard to handle safety regulations
PolyOne summary
Sourcing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHAugust 9, 2018
PolyOne is a good company to work for, they have some special compensations yet miss some basics. They are heavily involved in the community and United Way.
Terrible
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHAugust 8, 2018
Too much of a buddy system. Management is not qualified for the positions. A schedule was never correct and could not rely on a consistent schedule. Was employed there little more than 2 years and my hours changed 10 times.
Terrible pay and management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2018
All I have to say is terrible management and HR with no deserving pay worth. No job security at all as they fired me with no notice and while I was on my week vacation with no proof of reasoning!!!
Poor management
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 21, 2018
Management and H.R. do not handle issues. No advancement. This site is never fully staffed, people quit and get fired all the time. Poor training of employees. No team work between 1st and 2nd shift. A very stressful place to work
Rapid paced environment while dealing with a lot of politics
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMay 29, 2018
Work/Life balance is challenging while management does not perform positive reinforcement very well. There is a heavy emphasis on cost cutting at the expense of current workers. Most workers are required to take on more tasks with no increased compensation.
A Great bunch of team spirited employees
Production Supervisor / Process specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 27, 2018
I was given many responsibilities with tight deadlines and I worked hard to meet those deadlines. I was gievn "You Made A Difference" awards multiple times for helping to improve the quality of work along with the work environment

There was a strong team work relationship to which I was directly involved with management to help maintain. I was given responsibility to improve the safety program by spearheading the company safety committee.

The most enjoyable part of my job was earning the respect from my fellow employees who in turn would point out weaknesses on the production side to which we would all work together to improve.
Pros
Strong team work, good communication between workers, "YMD" awards
Cons
poor relations with HR to which we shared with 3 other plants.
Terrible management-no where to go
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHMay 23, 2018
no advancement, management unfair, HR non responsive to issues. no one listens to issues or does anything to make changes. upper management so detached from every day functions
Top company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHMay 8, 2018
Company was the number one business in this filed and was a large territory for me. I received several awards while in the tenure. It was a company with no ends to advancement
Pros
Movement in Management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PolyOne Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight