PolyOne Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible pay and management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2018
All I have to say is terrible management and HR with no deserving pay worth. No job security at all as they fired me with no notice and while I was on my week vacation with no proof of reasoning!!!
Poor management
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 21, 2018
Management and H.R. do not handle issues. No advancement. This site is never fully staffed, people quit and get fired all the time. Poor training of employees. No team work between 1st and 2nd shift. A very stressful place to work
Terrible management-no where to go
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHMay 23, 2018
no advancement, management unfair, HR non responsive to issues. no one listens to issues or does anything to make changes. upper management so detached from every day functions
Top company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHMay 8, 2018
Company was the number one business in this filed and was a large territory for me. I received several awards while in the tenure. It was a company with no ends to advancement
Pros
Movement in Management
Cons
Excellent company to work with
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for PolyOne. They provided my several career advancement through my time worked at PolyOne. The company management culture were very focused in team building.
Horrible Management
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 27, 2018
Ran by a loosing team, the equipment is inadequately maintained , always breaking down. The product quality is always recieving customer complaints. Bonuses was not given out this year due to poor product quality and too many customer complaints. This place was a big waste of time to work at. It's filthy.
Pros
The people who work there are cool
Cons
Upper management are a bunch of idiots
Great place to work with fast paced production.
Sr. EH&S Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vonore, TNApril 24, 2018
Great Place to work with good team chemistry. worked two 10 hr crews four days a week with 16 employees per shift. Product is chemical specific with very strict quality standards.
I was allowed the opportunity to work my way up to Safety specialist in my 30 year career.
Pros
Stable during down economy.
Cons
Fast paced.
Decent pay for the area
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHApril 15, 2018
Decent company to work for. Some job advancement, good training. Not a great deal of job security but, this is the world we live in now. Layoffs and such.
Pros
decent pay for the area
Cons
job security
Eviroment was nice
Shipping Clerk/Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paulding, OHApril 9, 2018
Too many changes in manangement. Pay and benfits were great worked in a couple different departments. My boss was great in purchasing and some of the people were great to work with
Excellent place to work for great benefits, fair wages and decent management
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Paulding, OHApril 5, 2018
Fast paced long hours but great co-workers always willing to pitch in and lend a helping hand. Management has recently undergone some changes which make it even better. All in all if you want a job with overtime that rewards and realizes when you go above and beyond this is a fantastic employer
Pros
overtime great benefits
Cons
physically demanding and no head notice for daily overtime
good work enviroment
Sheet extrusion operator (Former Employee) –  ohioMarch 24, 2018
this is a very good place to work. they are constantly buying other businesses and that always creates advancement opportunities. Pay is really fair with good benefits.
Pros
work enviroment
Fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
Everyday it was great to be there it was great working with the vendors and the other employees. Loved working here. Was sorry that the company closed. The workplace and its employees were awesome.
great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 7, 2018
I had a great time working there with all the people it fun . I learned a lot about extrusion and how plastics work and what it take to make a lot of the item we use everyday
Pros
great ben.
Cons
hot as h*** during the summer
Lots of hours and hot
Ending Position Level A operator (Former Employee) –  Scott City, MOMarch 5, 2018
This was a fast paced job with lots of overtime and long shifts. Good managers and people who were employed there. The hours were not good for a work family balance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Management is the good old boys.
Handler (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 17, 2018
Management is terrible. I've never worked at a place with s top heavy management staff that is the apitomy of lazy, incompetent and lack respect and appreciation for their workers. Glad to get out of this place.
Good workplace but poor management
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 7, 2018
Polyone Corporation in Dyersburg is a good place to work but beware of the poor management and minimal advancement opportunities. Work environment depends on which production line you are assigned to, some are very fast paced and messy jobs while others are very minimal effort, then you have those in between. Entry level employment offers an optimistic possibility of advancement but once you meet all qualifications your chances for advancement stop, unless you are looking for a management position which are rare and very cut throat positions. The upper management team is very closed off to the rest of the production team and do not communicate with facility often or honestly.
Pros
Minimal supervision, paid time off, good benefits, great work environment
Cons
Poor and dishonest management, poor wage advancement
CORPORATE DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2018
It must have been good I devoted 34 years to the growth of Spartech Corporation. Then we were merged into a significantly larger company. The future was uncertain when a new opportunity presented itself. I should have stayed where I was.
Pros
Family environment Great people to work side by side with.
Cons
Significant time away from home toward the end.
Would still be there
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJanuary 6, 2018
Loved this job but the plant closed. Had the best group of people and they were very flexible with hours as long as my job got done correctly. Best work place ever.
Eh, not the best.
Account/Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
PolyOne is a company that does not take the time to get to know you. It works very much like a corporation. Its cut throat and honestly is not a great sales environment
Collaborative and Supportive Environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHDecember 21, 2017
PolyOne was a very relaxed and supportive environment where I was able to learn a great deal of skills. I added a number of skills to my resume during my tenure with PolyOne, the only reason I resigned was I was only a contractor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PolyOne Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight