Pomeroy Employee Reviews

Challeging work environment
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC 27560July 23, 2018
This was a good job. It was 100% phone support.
The users were knowledgeable. The economy was having
a hard time when I was working for Pomeroy. The technology operating system was moving Windows 98 to Windows XP.
Pros
Technology always change.
Cons
Hard to keep up with technology.
InterestingJob
Level II Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCJuly 19, 2018
Typical day would start with checking to see what open tickets there. The next would be driving to the same stores repetitiously for software or user error issues that the customers help desk could not resolve. This would lea to a tech driving 200 miles in the middle of the night to plug in a monitor or put paper in a printer. The basic day to day to job was pretty good as long as you stayed on top of your ticket response time
Pros
No office to report to, corporate vehicle
Cons
Logistics were a nightmare
n/a
Sr. Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
company was shut down without notice and was not ran properly and ultimately by that the company ended up being closed down for good, I hate this happen but it did and it make me stronger
Pros
slow pace atmosphere
Cons
company ended
Hellhole where brain cells go to die
LEAD TAPE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 4, 2018
Pomeroy, and by extension IBM, is a terrible place to work. Low-pay, incompetent managers, contradicting policies, as well as zero career advancement leaves a sane person extremely apathetic at the end of the day.
worst job ever
FIELD SERVICE TECH I (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2018
if you like being paid .41 cents a mile (standard rate is 54.5 per mile) for wrecking your own car , being yelled at constantly, no supportive co-workers, never a pay raise, you will love this job.
if you expect to be treated with any respect, wrong place to work.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
too many to list
A decent job in need of some management adjustment
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 27, 2018
Typical work day is taking inbound calls that can range from 5 minutes to an hour and a half long and troubleshooting just about any technical issue the client you're contracted for may have.
I learned a lot about Windows as well as how to use the AS400 and SAP system.
Management varies based on what desk you're at. Pomeroy is 3rd party IT company, so each company contracted is run by a different manager. It's really the luck of the draw. My first manager was good, then was replaced by one who was disorganized and unprofessional. When I was promoted I had a great manager but my husband's was incredibly unfriendly and harsh.
The hardest part of the job is when you get a difficult client with a difficult issue and they won't let you off the phone. But the other difficult part is that Upper Management will often move people around, taking seasoned experienced analysts off of desks they are familiar with and putting in new, untrained associates from other locations on the desk and not providing them enough training, but sending the experienced analysts to new desks. Likely would have been better to just train the new people on the desks that needed the help.
The most enjoyable part of the job was I did have a great boss and good coworkers. The atmosphere on a good day was very positive and low-stress. But bad days were a lot more stressful.

There is one desk that expects you to take calls for 6-7 companies and barely trains you on any of them. It's not very efficient.
Pros
You might get a great manager, some days are relaxed and slower paced, you learn a lot and help people.
Cons
You might get a bad manager, many days are very high stress and high volume
Nothing to say
Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
I have nothing to say about Pomeroy. It is a job like any other, you make it what it is. Many of the people at nice and fun to be with. Working as a contractor for the Cleveland Clinic is what I have done for the past year. Pomeroy picked me up after the Cleveland Clinic laid me off after 8 years.
Un-monitored operations
Tape Librarian/Operator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2018
A good place to work -- going on 13 years of un-interrupted service at the same facility in Englewood, CO. Clear access to all work stations for multiple tape and disk operation functions.
IT contracting company
OMS Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
Have work for for the company for over 9 years, sometimes part-time, sometimes full-time, depending on the available contract. Not a bad company to work for, but have discovered that sometimes the job descriptions posted are not very reliable.
Pros
Most contracts are with big IT companies
Cons
Most jobs are in the Boulder area
nice place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 13, 2018
Work life balance perfect. Gym on site. Fruit provided in the break rooms. Everyone works together. Unfortunately they like many other companies moved some area to other countries.
Don't have a life.
Regional Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 12, 2018
You won't know about your day until 12-24 hours before it begins. 3 to 16+ hours; be ready. I've learned to expect management to fail to support you, and to promise customers things you can't, or had no idea you were supposed to, deliver. Culture is on the road and on your phone, and customers really do appreciate you, for the most part. Hardest is fulfilling previously mentioned unannounced managerial surprises. The most enjoyable is the regular customers, and the freedom of no office.
Pros
The road, ok benefits, company phone
Cons
Management, no pay raises, no training
Working at Pomeroy
Level 1 analyst (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 12, 2018
Great people fun work place. Not enough openings to grow and learn. Also, they could use more training's within the company to teach people new skills
Poor management with no benefits and low salary
Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 30, 2018
Salary was poor compared to the market in my area. Can go multiple years before seeing raises and company has not been matching 401k for years. If you try to bring up salary the company looks to replace you.
It was fun organizing labes on tapes
Lead Computer Tape/Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CAMay 27, 2018
Label tapes for backups. scanned all tapes with hand held scanner. at work site. Other work was done from home. Courses that were required to take and conference meetings,
Pros
Pomeroy supplied laptop and printer
Cons
was able to work from home
N/a
Operations - Northeast Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2018
I have no open comments positive or negative in regards to my employments with Pomeroy.
My time there was positive for the most part with exception of the job security feeling.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Job Security
Good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 23, 2018
Good place to work. Good training. Worth the pay. would have still been there today if they hadn't have laid a bunch of us off for lack of work at the time.
Pros
Good training and good job.
Cons
Laid people off.
Pushy management
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 22, 2018
The management was more conserned with call times and how many people were "helped" a day. They didn't care about customer quality or the time it takes to help a customer thoroughly to create a trusting and productive session. Family time did not matter. Meaning emergencies and making up time.
Pros
Nice breakroom, 2 breaks and a lunch
Cons
Everything else
Terrible culture
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 22, 2018
Terrible culture. Managers are rated only on if they meet numbers. Two of the worst managers I have ever had were here. No care about employees. Work you and pay you little until you get fed up and quit. Tried to move to project coordination, no help from anyone.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
If you don't like it quit, we can hire more attitude from the top down
Basic warehouse job
Data Entry/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 20, 2018
Not much to say, go to work every day and do your job. Typical warehouse jobs with some computer knowledge needed. Nothing special pay wise but they employ a lot of people.