Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great hospital
Medical Oncology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 20, 2019
In the 8 years I worked there I am very blessed to have had the opportunity for growth. Raises are great cost of living raise are great. Just a great place to work if you are under a great management team.
Pros
Good pay and reviews cost of living
So-so
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 12, 2019
As an on call employee, non benefited employee, I was expected to be on call & worked various shifts. I learned a ton of things about the hospital & the community itself. I truly loved the job itself, it was rewarding to help people over the phone but the management (or lack thereof) & on call position eventually got to me. It was exhausting give so much of myself & my life as an on call employee with no promise or guarantee of ever getting a part-time benefited position, which is why I left.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
management, pay, no benefits
Loved Pomona Valley
Insurance Analyst Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 26, 2019
This was my first job in health care Pomona gave me the opportunity right out of school and I advanced from being on call to becoming lead, I loved my co-worker they were all team players including management
Pros
Team work
Cons
nothing
management
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 18, 2019
I been working part time on call full time hours with no benefits attendance policy needs to be more workable i love my job but management need fixing.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
management need work
This was one of the best hospitals I have ever worked at.
ICU Float Pool - Per diem (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 24, 2019
The day started and ended busy. I met lots of interesting people and the staff were very supportive. I was able to use many skills here and many opportunities were available for me to continue learning.
Teamwork
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Fast paced, Trauma center, family feeling work environment.
patient care is number one priority, always trying to make PVHMC a more better place for the community
Pros
Long time employees
Cons
Communication
Busy
Student RN (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Excellent pay, always busy, management worked well with preceptors, flexible scheduling, nice co-workers, decent cafeteria, enjoyable place to work! Hope to re-join staff again
enjoyable environment
LEAD ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Pomona Valley had a very great management and staff. all the departments were very helpful and happy to help. the company always did events for the employees.
Pros
everything was good
Cons
nothing
Poor management/supervision and rude and unprofessional staff
Officer Security (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Working at Pomona valley hospital medical center is ok. The pay is decent and the department has good things. But, There is poor management and supervision. Almost all medical staff are rude and professional and feel superior than others. If you get into a verbal altercation with anybody, the security department management or supervisors won’t do much to solve the problem. There is a lot of unprofessional and unfriendly officers that just because they been there for years think they are superior than others.
I had the chance to train new officers and they were amazed to see how poorly run is the security department by supervisors and the number of rude and unfriendly officers that think they are the boss.
Pros
Fun work environment sometimes and friendly co-workers
Cons
Poor management and supervision
Good Place to Work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed my time there and opened the new Out Patient Pavilion.
I was flexible to start slow there but it never really got the business they were hoping too. They only divided the cases from Main OR to Pavilion.
Pros
Great Pay and environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 18, 2018
Good hospital good team working good volunteer very clear hospital more parking space maternity is good excellent doctors and good nurse etc.
Good
Good
Na
Documentation, Data Entry, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 5, 2018
I do not have any negative comments regarding PVHMC. This hospital has been good to me from the time I have been working for them. It is very fast paced and you need to be capable in your skills.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Pvhmc
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 11, 2018
I have been with PVHMC for four years and I feel like I will never advance in my department. I love what I do however the politics when trying to move up is bothersome to me and in order for me to move forward with my career I feel that I need to venture out to a new city where the cost of living will be beneficial to me.
Great team work
Environmental Services Technician and Lead (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91767October 17, 2018
Loved working with the few positive people and helped change a lot of others too positive, hard working, team players as well. Moved up fast but no benefits were offered too me for over a year so I chose too move on.
Pros
Few good people
Cons
Management is a mess
Pretty decent place to work for
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 13, 2018
Radiology is operated fairly well. Management sometimes micro-manages, but for the most part is decently managed. The equipment is a mix of CR and DR equipment, but is fairly old. The culture is somewhat relaxed, but workload can get hectic because the hospital is a level II trauma center and a comprehensive stroke center. There are also a number of off-site clinics to be assigned to. Overall fairly decent place to work. Benefits can definitely be better, but aren't the worst out there.
Pros
Good culture, good pay, rewarding work.
Cons
Some benefits, location, can get hectic, and some old equipment.
A nice place to start as a new graduate
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  LDRPOctober 2, 2018
It is a nice place that emphasizes on teamwork. People work together to perform optimal care to patients and their familiy. The hospital also have good benefits.
Pros
discount
Cons
busy
A Place to Develop a Career
Respiratory Therapist IV (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 24, 2018
Flexible scheduling with ability to cross-train in many areas. Supportive environment to learn new skills. Coworkers work collaboratively with focus on quality patient care.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, medical insurance program
Cons
Can have very busy assignments
Very chaotic not a lot of competant leadership
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 23, 2018
Love what I do but there is no job security. Always rumors of lay offs and schedule changes. Wish things were better organized. Supervisor choses to be clueless about the goings on in the department.
loved working there
Medical Record/Transcription Monitor Associate (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 13, 2018
It was a pleasure to know the staff and Doctors. I learned a lot. My manager was very nice and very helpful. I wish there was an opening position at the hospital.
Pros
Just liked working there
Cons
Hate that i got laid off
Amazing Place
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 15, 2018
Pomona Valley is an amazing place tp work, It is to far for me to commute to every day. The staff I work with are all amazing and a great team of individual's.