Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Benefits are great people are great, howerver, there is no growth opportunity
medical (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 23, 2018
We are a diverse environment, face pace-multitasking job functions. I work with wonderful people. It makes my day at work each day more pleasant. Wonderful benefits
Evs
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 24, 2018
The job was good, i enjoyed working at pomona valley hospital, it did gert hectic at times when there was inspection, but working there did show me alot
Lovely workers and great communication
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 19, 2018
The workers at Pomona valley hospital were caring,positive,calm and straight forward. They always were efficient team members who followed directions step by step.
Pros
Free lunch, great experience, great people
Cons
Lunch ending
Fun
Medical oncology coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work great environment great pay and just a great people to work with. The only reason I’m leaving is because it’s time for a new challenge and growth within myself
Cons
The area is not the greatest
Volunteer Experience
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Being a junior volunteer at Pomona valley is a great experience. After four years, I explored a lot of different jobs and worked with a lot of great people.
Amazing place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (ICU Staff Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Great environment to work in, for LVN and CNA, must have previous experience. Lots of room for advancement if looking to get your RN, they encourage higher education.
productive friendly hospital
Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 24, 2018
PVHMC was a great place to work, I looked forward to it dail. I learned so much while I was there, I was able to transfer to different departments and gain knowledge and training needed.
Pros
awards and recognitions
Cons
budget cuts
Best place ever to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 15, 2018
PVHMC has longevity and secure employment. They take good care of their employees and their families. Everyone is friendly and approachable. Its one big family.
place for career advancement and further learnings
Registered Nurse ER Dept (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91767January 8, 2018
Good Management is always my priority in finding a job. I have appreciated the type of management I have in the ER department.
Being a stroke , trauma and sepsis center PVHMC gave me an opportunity on how to save peoples lives.
Good job
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Getting there early in the morning opening the doors and disarming the alarm. I learn time management and the importance of confidentiality. The people I work with are a tight group almost comparable to family. The hardest part of the job advancement, and the most enjoyable part of this job is being part of a big group.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No advancement
Excellent Learning Environment
Nursing ADN Student (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 6, 2018
As a student I thoroughly enjoyed being at Pomona Valley Hospital. The staff were friendly and helpful and I learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye.
I enjoyed working here.
Medical Transcriptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 28, 2017
I worked here for 30 years. The pay was excellent and I would still be an employee if they had not eliminated the entire department. The management at that time was not the kind that would stand behind their staff.
per-diem RN in ED/Urgent care
Per-Diem RN in ED/Urgent care (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 13, 2017
In the emergency department no day is typical. This was a busy place and I had to learn to prioritize care. Since I was per-diem I didn't deal much with management. The workplace culture didn't seem so good, people seemed to be unhappy. I think the hardest part of the job was that the nurses didn't help one another. I'm not sure this job was enjoyable.
Pros
plenty of shifts to work
Cons
Just didn't seem like a friendly place
Enjoyed working in the Physical Therapy Dept.
Secretary, Physical Therapy Department (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 8, 2017
I was a secretary, scheduled patients to receive their respective therapy, both for out-patients, reviewed their charts, collected copay.

Enjoyed seeing patients get back better.
Fun work place
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 27, 2017
Hardest part is working in the morning washing a lot of dishes, towels, containers and pots. Its easy work but standing up thru out the time you working.
Pros
Free food, little breaks here and there
Great organization to work for.
Registered Nurse in the NICU (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 23, 2017
I started at Pomona Valley Hospital right out of nursing school and have felt like part of a family since the beginning. It is a very friendly environment to work in and lots of room for advancement.
People from so many different cultures
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 8, 2017
I would stayed there forever but had to relocate for family reasons. Great environment and opportunity to grow. Continue Education was one of my favorites since it was paid as well
Benefits
Cons
Productive and fast paced place to work.
Student Respiratory Therapist & Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 4, 2017
Productive and fast paced place to work. Very friendly staff and lots of experience to gain. If any one is looking for a competitive job this is the place to be.
Job security
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 16, 2017
Great place to work. I recommend working here. Although management is not very experienced and there is a lot of favoritism this place is job security.
Pros
Great competitive pay
Cons
Management not very experienced.
Pomona Valley
Resource Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 3, 2017
Excellent place to work with professional and friendly staff. Management and staffing are very flexible and will listen to needs and concerns of the staff.
Pros
Professional and knowledgeable staff