Pond & Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great work environment
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
The company really values team building, building the education of their staff, and family values. Friendly coworkers and talented staff of designers and engineers.
Be careful and keep your options open
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAMarch 22, 2018
My department had a low ceiling. In other words, I did not see many opportunities to advance my career with this company. I felt that during my time there, guidance with career development diminished. Beware of job security for the dicipline/department you may be considering here, as they can be quick to make cuts. Pump and dump. Hire like crazy to meet goals and then layoff when contracts are not won or renewed, then hire more when new work is won. If you take a position here, keep your options open.
Pros
Lots of free lunches. Good benefits.
Cons
Job security unstable in some departments, risk of being cut. Promotions are hard to come by.
Too much corporate interference
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2018
All of the problems of a large company with none of the advantages. Company had the culture, climate, and red-tape of a huge (10,000+ employee) firm even though it had fewer than 400 employees. The local office depended upon local staff to bring in the projects but simply had the corporate office take those projects over whenever it suited them. The local staff that possessed the qualifications and did the work to acquire the projects were "left in the cold."
Cons
Too much red tape for a small firm.
Great employer for engineers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2017
The company treats most of its engineers and some architects very well. Other staff e.g. marketing, support staff, accounting, recruiting as dispensable and are not well compensated therefore a lot of turnover in those areas.
Pros
Mostly pleasant, hardworking, professional & friendly people
Cons
Little chance for advancement/pay increase for non-engineer employees
A Great Place to Work
Cathodic Protection Inspector/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2017
The management at pond is quick to respond to questions as well as needs. I was also pleased with the work load and the amount of off time that is supplied.
Daily Spammers
Planner (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMarch 30, 2017
They post everyday for jobs, but never respond to candidates or take care of current employees. Churn and burn mentality. They should do a better job on communication.
Pros
A job
Cons
Disorganized
Professional but fun workplace
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2016
A typical day at this internship consisted of me re-drawing older CAD files in the new Revit program that had just come out and was becoming the new office standard at the time. I also was able to put together several BID binders for real commercial projects. I learned how to put together a BID binder and how to print out plans for a proposal. The co-workers here were amazing and so willing to share all there knowledge of the industry with me. The hardest part of the job was figuring out the filing systems for the projects and how to navigate between them. The most enjoyable part was getting to work on existing projects and being apart of the design process as a whole.
Pros
free lunches, paid internship
Cons
it was only an internship
Good corporate culture. Remote office suffer though.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
Great culture and team environment in Atlanta. You are left "on your own" in remote offices though with little functional support.
Excellent Benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 1, 2015
This firm offered exceptional benefits and flex work schedule. I was able to learn new software as needed. Heavy employee layoffs yielded uncertain stability.
Pros
Able to take development courses; outstanding benefits
Cons
Uneven management
Beware of the Work Hard Play Hard theme
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 1, 2014
If you are not in a partner role at this company be prepared for long hours and little appreciation. Extensive overtime and unrealistic deadlines. If you get hired into a management position or project manager I suspect that you would enjoy the job more than those working for Project Managers and Partners.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overworked and Little Acknowledgement about Good Work
Was a great company to work for
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 9, 2014
Was a great company to work for until recent upper management shift
Excellent Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 27, 2013
Working at Pond Constructors was a joy. I learned to input all needed request for repairs to continue to keep military fueling up and running. Management needed to communicate more with the staff to maintain a productive working enviroment. Co-workers work hard as a team, by supporting eachother.The hardest part of the work was retrieving the neccessary tools needed to complete the task from management. I enjoyed working with a company that continued to expand in productivity.
Pros
Weekly Meetings
Cons
Communication