Pookie & Sebastian

Pookie & Sebastian Employee Reviews

Pookie & Sebastian insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment

Nice clothing

Very unorganized, use to enjoy working there and learned how to do social media and set up a website which was beneficial.

Overwhelming

This company makes you work non-stop , with not having nothing in return , no benefits , no time off , doesn’t offer nothing put expect’s you to work hard , hard to have a break because always short of staff and always shipment coming in , we’re you have to serve clients , do the shipment , steam , clean for a small compensation for all of the work there is to do . The only think you’ll get out of this job is stress and overwhelmed and overworked.

Cons

Short breaks or none.

Before Covid-19 is based off of hourly rate and commission. The owner is trying to hire people with only hourly.

Bad environment. Before Covid-19 is based off of hourly rate and commission. The The owner is trying to hire people with only hourly on a company based off of hourly and commission.

Cons

No benefits at all. No appreciation and driven to work in a bad environment.

Do not work here

Honestly, when I first applied for this company, I was very excited leaving the interview. I thought that the owner was very nice and was ready to bring me in. I applied to work on their social media as the owner told me that their social media site was not up to par. This was music to my ears because I am a media major. On the second interview I was told that I would be working in another department instead which set me back a ton but I obliged anyway because I needed a job desperately. Long story short, this company is not one that you want to work for. You will put in more work than you’re compensated for, the lunch break is laughable and the work environment is so subpar. You will not feel any motivation or fulfillment for tedious tasks and the owner is very arrogant and aggressive. The turnover of staff at this company speaks for itself, as people clearly know their worth and to steer clear of this confusing retailer. Do yourself a favor and don’t apply for Pookie & Sebastian as you probably won’t be working here for more than two days as the owner likes to fire people prematurely without even giving them a week of a chance. Stay away, find another company.

No stability

If your looking for stability this is not the job for you. Stability just doesn’t exist here. Owner and manager are very rude and have no consideration for others and there families. NOT FOR A PERSON LOOKING FOR A JOB WITH STABILITY AND BENEFITS!

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great learning experience

Learned so much about fashion and the wonderful word of jewelry. loved meeting new people and networking. learned how to style and mastered my customer service skills.

Administrative assistant

This was a learning experience, and can only hope they have stopped gossip. I hope they can have a heart, and run the company as dignity filled as possible.

p&s

everything was horrible about working here. there were very judgemental employees. couldnt work around a schedrule.

Productive and fun workspace

I love this job, I just wish I had more hours. I Learn how to connect and satisfy customers needs in a fast and friendly work enviornment

Boho chic enviorment

A typical day at work came with tremendous responsibility, as for most part I was the only manager on the store when working. Nevertheless I learned so much about the business aspect of the fashion world, store procedures, being a leader and delegating, it was an amazing experience. A weak directive board made things very unclear and hard, had you question at every turn your growth in the company. However my associates were wonderful, really cheerful and energetic, very willing to learn and be part of a team, getting to spend my days with them was always great.

Pros

amazing discounts

Cons

lacked of a strong directive board

Great specialized service

• Managed four locations responsible for window displays, store merchandising, and all in-store visuals. • Responsible for the visual direction and execution for the entire $4.5 million company • Work daily with owners and buying team on assortment and visual direction of the collections • Partner with Store Managers to ensure visual standards are met and maintained on a daily basis

young hip work environment

assistant management duties general office duties sales cashier

productive and fun enviorment

-a typical day would include multiple areas of using proper time management and corrospondance. Some of the duties would include:allocationsanalytical & data entrymarkdownsmake new contacts and view their linesdiscover new fabrications and production factories.-management above myself were the 2 boutique owners.-my co-workers were amazing, we always worked as a team-the hardest part of the job was little to no lunch breaks.-the most enjoyable part of my job was being creative director for the private cut collections

Pros

trips to california for buys, advancement

Cons

no lunchbreaks, long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pookie & Sebastian. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6