Pool & Electrical Products

Pool & Electrical Products Employee Reviews

Pool & Electrical Products insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness

Hard work, low pay

I worked for PEP a long time ago for about 8 months or so. It would be a decent job if they paid better. I got hired as a delivery driver but ended up working in the warehouse at least half the time. Best thing about the job was the co-workers, there was a real sense of comeraderie among the crew and I considered all my co-workers to be friends. Also management would take us out to lunch once a week or so and have bbqs on the clock all the time. Assistant manager was great but the manager was kind of a scumbag who fired one of the crew for reasons he completely made up. If you like overtime it’s a good place to work especially in summer. Sometimes I would work over 60 hrs in a week. You can get to know the customers and they may offer you a job if they like you, this happened to me more than once and I ended up leaving to join a plumbing company. All in all it’s a pretty good starter job and you can move up to management if you don’t mind working your life away.

Pros

BBQs, good for networking

Cons

Low pay

Was a family oriented company but now changing

Moral has decreased significantly and slowly loosing good employees. Last 2-3 years focus is not on moral for existing employees. No value in their workforce.

Great company

Alot to learn I really enjoyed working with my manager. The job kept me busy I learned how to open and close a register. Post to accounts the best part was learning accounts receivable

Casual Enviroment

This company has a very casual & relaxed environment from upper management to labor employees.The owners and family members that work at the company treat everyone as an equal.

Pros

It's a good company to work for, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

HR Department must improve on timely annual evaluations

It is a good place, depending a lot in what department you work or if you are a family member

This is a good company, and most people that work there are awesome, they are committed and good coworkers. The company have good benefits and they even have a reward program for the employees. Although I'd been working there for many years with not career opportunity advancement. They worried more about numbers and the clients, but no so much about employees getting a proper training or education for what they are doing as long as that person is adding numbers to the company bank account it is good.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Family own company, most of the upper management is family.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great company... if you give them your all, they treat you well.

Family owned business even though they are pretty big. The owners know your name and make you feel part of the family Good Benefits. They give annual reviews

Pros

Strong company with lots of people who really care and genuinely like what they are doing.

Cons

Some family get special treatment and don't work as hard as others.

it was a great place to learn about the pool industry...

I enjoyed several of the other employees, there were several people that wanted to excel in their lives, however it was difficult at this company there is no support from the owners and the upper management, there is Kudos or appreciation for all the very hard work and dedication performed by so many employees I was very impressed by some the loyalty from so many of these people...

Cons

I enjoyed leading and working with some of the employees that wanted to advance in their careers

Very fun environment with room for growth

I loved working at PEP. I spent five years with the company and I am walking away with much more experience and knowledge than I had going in. The employees here are easy to work with and are always willing to lend a hand. The owners are amazing and have gone out of their way to make their employees happy and content with their jobs.

Free lunches

Got to learn first hand about cigars and cigarettes. Set up new items for all customers. Display and organized finances at the end of the evening for the bank deposits.

Pros

Great schedule

Cons

Part Time

Company with growth potential

Family feel type company. Always changing with a great group of employees.

Great workplace with knowledged staff

Always a good time, dealing with commercial customers seemed to be my forte, I couldn't help but make sales left and right and maintain a happy and healthy environment as well as clean and safe from hazard as well.

Pros

The staff, the customers, the area, great hours, decent pay.

Cons

The 50 mile commute.

It was a swimming pool supply warehouse

company was great just some of the other employees weren't as professional as they should have been...

Pros

401k, paid medical

Good enviroment

This job was ok the only thing was the manager had a lot of personal issues with the job he ran

Pros

enjoyable customers

Cons

no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pool & Electrical Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Pool & Electrical Products in popular locations