Pool Professionals Employee Reviews

This was a great summer Job
Pool Operator and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2019
This company employed me during the summers and trained me in caring for and maintaining pools. I was able to expand my leadership and personal development as well.
Pros
great learning opportunity
Cons
part time work
Fun but not worth it
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 10, 2019
At the time, there was a lot of turn over. Never felt valued or good enough. Management was rude and not helpful. The employees and bonus opportunities were worth it. It was all about the paycheck and great employees that made it worth the trouble of Management.
Great team to join!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2019
I've been with Pool Professionals for over a year and it has been a great experience. There is always a supportive team behind you, as well as, great leadership. There are opportunities for growth and advancement. Summers are high paced, but they still are able to maintain flexible hours.
Pros
Teamwork, Hours, Benefits
Solid Experience
Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2019
Worked for Pool Pros for 8 years, though the summers are long, the winters relaxing; the people on my team I wouldnt trade for anything. Haven't wanted to work anywhere else
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Summers are hot
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 4, 2018
 Supervised a team of ten lifeguards
 Maintained constant surveillance of patrons in the facility
 Acted immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency
 Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services|
I was Over worked and under valued
Director of Staff and Programs (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 26, 2018
The CEO only cares about his side job outside his role as CEO. Shows no guidance or leadership. The CEO has no pool experience and the owner is rarely to be found.
Pros
Company vehicle
Great Seasonal Position
Pool Assistant Manager/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 21, 2018
Pool professionals is a company of integrity, with mostly seasonal opportunities. Management, as a whole was efficient and work/life balance was great.
Good Opportunity
Pool attendant-Pool Professional (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
Good Opportunity to gain some experience in dealing with people. Every encounter I had with a person was good for the most part and my manager and co-workers were also supportive and great to talk to.
Cons
Sitting out in the Heat for more then 5 hours.
Slow-paced Decent work requirements
POOL ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2018
Decent starting pay based on which pool you are assigned to, but depending on which pool you get, the pay you get per hour may not be acceptable due to the amount of stuff you have to deal with
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
Low pay
Fun workplace
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 15, 2018
The people who work at pool professionals were fun to work with. The communities you work for have really nice people. But sometimes have to deal with conflict.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Productive and fun environment to work in
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2018
Although there are many duties to be a Lifeguard, such as watching over civilians, cleaning the pool, deck, bathrooms, and furniture. You get to really know your co workers and in the end of the day it’s not the hardest job in the world if you don’t make it. Just be responsible.
Pros
Being around people, becoming familiar with neighborhood guests, tan!
Cons
Civilians being rude to you, rule breaking.
Pool Pros
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work, just have not received much pay increase in five whole years. For the job requirements, the pay should be much higher, and over the course of five years I would expect a raise better than $1.
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay
Pool pro
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 23, 2018
I worked there for a summer. It was my first job so if your looking for someone to hire under 18 with no experience this is a great place if not find something else. You get minimum and that's pretty much it. They talk about raises and never give them.
Good part time summer job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day would consist of arriving at the pool, and making sure the chemical levels were accurate. Through out the day you had to monitor the safety of the pool and take emergency action if needed.
Good first job
Certified Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2018
Pool Professionals is good Raleigh, NC company to work for as a first job for high schoolers and younger college aged students. It's easy and for the most part flexible.
Okay place to work
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 16, 2018
I worked at the Highland Creek pool. It wasn't horrible the first summer - just really slow. I didn't do much all day, mostly because no one told me the actual requirements of the job. The next summer, however, I decided to go to the informational meeting to figure out what exactly I needed to do. I was never scheduled to work. I contacted the shift scheduler multiple times and she never responded to me.
Fun place to work with a great team in the summer. Great job for students.
Senior Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 9, 2018
The only downside to this job is it is seasonal and therefore no insurance benefits .I love working for this company and will continue to do so as long as I am available in the Summers.
pool cleaner
Pool Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2017
Driving around all of the Phoenix Metropolitan area with pool cleaning supplies in the back of my car and cleaning peoples pools once a week as a summer job.
Fun job poor management at times
Pool and Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2017
Enjoyable work experience. Got to spend all day working beside the pool managing lifeguards and the pump room/clubhouse. Dealt with customers and patrons fulfilling whatever needs they had. Relationship with management was stressful at times.
Relaxing and a chill job
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2017
Depending the time my shift started I would have to either open or close the pool. Cleaning the pool wasn't a big deal for me, but I would constantly have to remind adults to either sign in, or not to have glass. My boss was good in teaching me the ropes of the job and helping me have a good experience since it was my first job. The hardest part would be monitoring all of the people who would come because I was only 15 and I have never had to be in charge of that many people at one time. I did like some of the residents however and they also made me feel welcome and helped me out as well.
Pros
The pay, not having many jobs
Cons
No breaks, hot weather, too many people