Pool and Spa Depot

Pool and Spa Depot Employee Reviews

Fun!
Fast paced in the summer but a very enjoyable job! Wonderful owner who cares about his employees! Not many places where you have the personal cell number of the owner of the company!
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Pool and Spa Depot is a very face paced ,fun place to work. Compensation is very nice if you are willing to work for it. The management team has always had my back to provide what I needed to perform my job. I would recommend this as a career if you are goal oriented and have a drive to succeed.
Pros
Free lunches, Great Management, Good Compensation, Fun staff to be with
Cons
work/life balance
Keep Looking!
My 2 1/2 years at this company was definitely tumultuous. An incredibly low amount of training with high performance expectations is, in my opinion, this company’s go to move. The stress of being constantly scrutinized by higher ups who had little to no technical experience themselves was often hard to deal with. For moderate pay and a high level of stress my opinion is that this is the place for just that.
Pros
Guaranteed hours during the summer
Cons
Stressful, demoralizing work environment
Stressful, poorly managed, no raises.
Poorly mismanaged company, no communication with customers or employees. Chaotic, zero training, so misinformed employees. Customers are pushed into signing contracts and then up charged for extras. Don’t shop or work there.
enjoyed the staff and management
a typical day would be come into work and stage pools for builders then after builders left with pools stage the other pools for builders then stocking the chemicals/ pool components and unloading trucks that come in
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Unpredictable manager!
You never knew what type of environment you would be clocking into on a day to day basis. The manager put his employees down to the customers, whether another team member was standing there or not. It was an emotional rollercoaster working at the Cookeville store! Poor poor treatment.
Very Sales Driven organization
Need to be a multi tasked oriented individual. Will need to juggle multiple responsibilities to be successful. Honesty on your part goes a long way. Be ready to work hard during the summer and train and be ready in the winter. This role requires you to manage various age groups and experience levels.
May have 16-18 year old and will need to communicate at their experience level and their aptitude.

But then in the same moment you will manage/train someone with 30 years in the industry.

Overall, a great job. and a unique look into the fast paced environment of pool season.
Productive and fun work place.
Pool and Spa Depot is a great place to work. Team work is essential in our daily environment. Everyone is extremely nice, understanding, willing to help and just great all around people. I absolutely love working their and couldn't ask for a better job.
Good work environment
Great staff just poor sub contractors they was not able to finish a job at a fast enough time...Staryed working to late in the mornings and quite to soon before job was done
Your vacation @ home Headquarters
Working at Pool and Spa you become part of the family.
Not only to the company owners but the customers as well.

You can expect to be slammed busy on a weekend in peak season but you can also expect to have moments to catch your breath. For me personally the days we were busy it didn't seem like work and time flew by. Not only did I learn the ins and outs of pools and spas I also gained marketing knowledge which I was able to carry over to my next career. They will train you very well. When I was with the company they offered spiffs which were a great way to make us employees excited for the busy day. Company parties are pretty fun as well. Going back to me stating the customers become your family I still see people all around town and can recall their first and last name and they can do the same. It is all around an enjoyable atmosphere.
Pros
Wonderful enviroment, fast paced, busy work to make the time go by fast. GREAT CUSTOMERS
Cons
you cant swim during your shift :(
Family Work Environment
I have worked for this company for 10+ years and I don’t intend to leave. Very family oriented and great team work from everyone. Extremely fun to help customers make their backyard dream come true!
Great opportunity if you are willing to work
Pool and Spa Depot has given many people the opportunity to get paid what you are worth but you have to be will to work for it. No matter the position a lot is expected from you but the work is not without reward.
Pros
Work environment, Culture, Pay and benifits
Cons
Hours.
Awesome place to work.
Great atmosphere. Great pay and great benefits. Tons of training to help you grow. Open door policy with all managers. Great work life balance. Everyone is eager to help when needed.
Pros
Work life balance and pay
Cons
None as of yet
Really intense work
The money was well worth it. The work is pretty intense but pretty fun if you want a more physical work type of job. As long as you are prepared to work in any weather and are in good health, you should be fine.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
strainuous work (for some)
very nice to work in the environment
it was a crazy start but i love working with my team that we have . pool and spa depot is family company that serves there customers the right way .thank you for the opportunity
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
health care
Positive work environment, commission based salary, good teamwork
Greeting and helping customers as they arrive in store. I learned how to personally expand my customer base, how to maintain positive and successful relationships with customers as well.
Pros
great money during summer (pool season), commission only (no base salary plus commission option)
Cons
Lack of communication from management at times
Terrible company
Terrible place to work. They don’t provide tools. They don’t care about your personal life. Managers are rude. Trust me do not work here. I’d say more but I literally can’t.
Absolutely Love Working Here!!
This is an amazing company to work for. Very good pay and benefits. Family owned business so they care about thier employees and their employees success. Good opportunities to move up in the company. Good environment to work in and very fast paced and team work.
Pros
Training, advancement, pay, company parties
Love psd!
I love the owners and the office manager! Coworkers are amazing too! Going to work is like working with family. Yes, sometimes there is stress and sometimes there are bumps, but if you worked with family it would never be perfect and PSD doesn't claim to be. They do however genuinely care of you and will do what they can to make sure you are happy. If you like a job that you'll never get bored in, then work at PSD!
Pros
Benefits, schedule, employee incentives
Fun and family oriented workplace
I enjoy coming to work in an environment that is friendly and always room to learn. I have a great management team and awesome co workers. I like that there is always training available to maximize my knowledge of the pool business. This is a very fast paced work place using your multitasking skills and knowledge of products. It is great that we have benefits at this company.
Enjoy working here and love my coworkers
The work place is pretty amazing. The management is pretty understanding and great at their jobs. My coworkers have basically became family. The customers are not always friendly, but you get some good ones from time to time.