Poolcorp Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its like working with highschool kids
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 4, 2018
Over worked under paid not appreciated, Hours constantly cut or modified, Rude staff towards customers and visa versa. Do not get on there bad side you will feel the wrat
benefits
Cons
everyhing else
Great company but work environment is terrible
Sales Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 2, 2018
Better head count is a must and management is terrible. Management is old school and needs to be upgraded. Current operating system is an 80’s joke and needs to be revamped
Pros
Can’t say there is?
Cons
Poor upper management
Management has an attitude and unless you speak spanish you cant understand the clients
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2018
The worst company I have ever worked for you will be lifting 100lbs bags most of the day and they get and attitude when you get tired cause you been breaking your back all week and then they half explain things to you and expect you to just know it and the manager didn't even know were most of the product was he would.ask the employees all in all just the worst company for the pay
Pros
They would buy you lunch
Cons
Short breaks and the wearhouse was in bad shape
Highly respected
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 12, 2018
The work in well paced and the people are awesome. Salary is fair and the benefits are typical of highly visable corporations. The company stresses team work and puts the employee first as it's best asset.
Productive and fun
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2017
Very busy and fast paste workplace, lots of good, hard-working people involved. Poolcorp offers many options to its employees. Always a chance to move up because of how big the company is
Pros
Free food, fun and games
Cons
Long workdays
Fast-paced, fun place to work.
Distribution Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2017
I worked as an intern for 3 months. I'd recommend anyone looking for an internship to apply at PoolCorp. I worked under great managers and great co workers. The only downside would be dealing with people in the pool industry. They are a very unique bunch.
Pros
Corporate, Management, Environment
Cons
Customers, Physical Labor
Constant work, with enjoying coworkers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2017
Depending on the position, but in the warehouse work never truly stopped. Excluding lunch or smoke breaks, there was always something you could do. From stocking the shelves, to cleaning up, you could receive shipping packages, or send them out.
Dismal Place
Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 31, 2017
Everyone is introverted. There's a boy's club that is nearly inpenetrable. Always looking over your shoulder for someone to stab you in the back. Management is horrible. Morale is very low.
not good
Operations Manager| Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLSeptember 15, 2017
run from this place. no good. will fool you into thinking there is opportunity when there is not. zero communication from managers. waste of time. do not bother
positiv work envoiment
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 18, 2017
very laid back place to work. mostly off loading trucks and helping customers with their orders. does get hot in warehouse in summer and cold in winter, but thats warehouse work.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
none that i can think of
Intern
Distribution/Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2017
Great experience for Internship. Good Culture. The summer is the time of the year where the company is in full swing. The managers were really nice and helpful.
Worst place I have ever worked
A/R Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2017
Boss was a control freak and didn't know what end was up. She shared secrets and salary of other employees. Turned us all into robots and no one is allowed to use their own brains and work knowledge lime hired to do. Promised changes that never happened so gave up and left on my own as did half the department in one week. Run, don't trust these folks with your professional future as they will ruin it.
Pros
Made it out alive
Overworked & Underpaid
Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJuly 7, 2017
It does not offer much growth. If you want long term employment in the same position this is the company for you. Expect to be over worked and underpaid.
Terrific place to work
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 21, 2017
For the most part, PoolCorp is a great place to work that provides many career opportunities. However, like all workplaces, there are one or two co-workers that are more difficult to deal with than others. It depends on the department that you work in.
Pros
job security and stability
Cons
office politics exist in some departments
Decent company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
Worked for one of the best managers I have ever had. Eric Reinkemeyer is fair and family oriented. SCP has wonderful benefits and lasting employee's.
I have since moved to our sister company Horizon and work with some really great people.
Advancement is limited unless you are in management, but potential is there is you keep a good attitude and work ethic.
Pros
Great Vacation time off
Cons
Advancement limitations
Scp
Commercial Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 15, 2017
My job at SCP was pretty typical for most driving and warehouse careers. I learned allot about the variety of items involved in constructing a pool. I also learned how to use a Radio frequency unit to control shipment and receiving of product. All in all I got along well with my supervisors and my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive 10 to 12 hour days. Not that I minded the overtime but after a few days I often found myself tired. The best part of the job was when I was able to learn something new to help me be more versatile and a better asset to the company.
Pros
Great pay, Good benefits.
Cons
10 - 12 hour days
does not follow through on growth promises
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
does not follow through on growth promises and tries to pigeon hole employees to stay where they are and makes transitioning into another role very difficult
Poolcorp
Ontrac (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2017
It was great to work for them. They have a great manager in training program. I would not recommend being an operations manager at this job. There is definitely more authority for the business development reps.
Poolcorp
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2016
Positions not available after finishing the Manager Training Program.
It is a good company to work for, although the salaries are low.
Cons
salary, long days
Laid back, good people
Operations Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 13, 2016
Good culture
Fast paced
Room for growth

Low pay

Very good people to work with. Management is good and knows what they're doing in most areas of the company
Pros
Good culture, fast paced, room for growth
Cons
Low pay, early and long hours