Popeye's Restaurants
65Average

Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA28 reviews
A very productive workplace to be in. i was able to rely on my co workers to do there job to keep the restaurant to work smoothly, and to keep customers being happy with our service
Warm up food, Prepare food like rice, beans, mash potatoes, how to prepare sandwich
,prepare chicken, prepare orders to call out the customers ordera
The work was hard and long. Many times the customers were really rude to the employees. Also, it got really hot in the back during the summer. I learned that some people will do anything to get there way
I'm a quick leaner can work over night good with costumers work cashier and cook great people person it's easy for me I'm a great worker and I learned at lot by working at popeyes
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Although the job was hard at times, it wasn't too bad with nice co-workers to help me out with my work and also just to talk to. The popeyes store I worked at was understaffed so, the hours were longer and we had less people for every shift so that made things more difficult. However I don't think that should be a problem for other stores.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Good place, good food, and good peoples.
Food taste consistant, People nice and friendly,.and place is always clean and shiny. customers are trated with respect and caring.
being a cashier is sometimes very stressful, dealing with annoying customers but the people are nice, especially the cooks. managers are fairly competent.
Pros
free food
Cons
customers
The Restaurant had a very friendly employees made sure everyone worked as one team. Had plenty of work today, always busy and occupied, everyone came together to make all customers satisfied.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It's all about moving fast. Take an order make it and done. Everything is fast but also about being friendly. It's a good place to work. But, if you're not careful and take time to properly learn so to speak how to manage taking, making and delivering the orders you can get stressed or overwhelmed easily at the beginning. But, of course what new environment isn't. You just gotta learn what style work for you. Overall, friendly, fast, and easygoing. I enjoy working here.
back in the day, fresh chicken and ingrediants were used. Traning was very involved and attention to detail.

Guest focus was paramount and sales hit record levels
Pros
great atmosphere/ppl
Cons
not alot of benefits giving to team
Working at popeyes was consider to be a great first job to me. I personally love this job, but I was under paid for my work. Also, I was looking for new experience. That's why I quit.
Everyday was busy. It wasn't the best environment, but I was able to handle it. Being the one of the only workers fluent in english was not easy. I felt that I should have had a higher position.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Poor Pay
This was one of the worst jobs i have ever had. the pay was extremely low and you could go the whole day without getting a lunch break. they where always under staffed everyday.
Pros
disscounted lunch
Cons
low pay
Working at Popeye's was a great experience from now until I've heard of them when it came to customer service also the manager was so kind hearted and laid-back.
Pros
Free lunch, extra 5-10 minutes paid break
Cons
Lack of employees
Its very fun, the customers are nice and the coworkers are hard workers and very nice too . The managers are awesome and very understanding . This is a job I would love to keep .
most of the time is busy time and work as team . staff is so nice and helpful . we share new ideas together for solving any problem. I like work there.
made sure store ran smooth. provide great costumer service,kept store clean through out all hours. provided great leadership and team work. when all are involved more is able to be accomplished
A typical day at work was ok i did my work duties
I learned how to work in fast paste

management was ok

my co-workers was good we all got along and we worked together

my job was easy

i enjoyed the guess and friends i enjoyed coming to work and making money
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Not getting paid on time
as busy as the days get with those chicken lovers, days dont let up with popeyes. I pretty much learned the whole menu in about a week. i learned how to handle money, the management was awesome the coworkers are awesome as well...the hardest part of the job would be busy lines that happen to randomly pop up when you least expect it. the most enjoyable part of the job would be working there in general. you rarely have to deal with any problems with customers or coworkers
Pros
one free lunch on breaks
Cons
short breaks
the place was a great place for a starter job but then they try to take advantage of you saying cover my sift then when nyou ask a favor they wont do it. i love the employees but some managers need to get there stuff straightened out
Cons
no raises
Management is very professional, courteous, and positive. Its culture is very strong and well bonding. I recommend this place to anybody who wants to start working in the restaurant industry.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Popeye's Restaurants.