Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 5,777 reviews matching the search See all 6,205 reviews
Great place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 17, 2019
Popeyes is a great franchise and working for them is a great experience. They are flexible with hours and is always looking for help to make the work place even better.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Love working for popeyes. Meals were free atmosphere was great and wonderful, manager was reasonable hadattentive ear..Got along well with the employees,
Pros
Free lunches some discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Poor communication
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 17, 2019
I would not recommend working here. The communication was lacking. I had minimal training and used the skills I had acquired from other jobs. I asked to learn more job skills, but the managers did not provide further advancement.
Pros
I was able to meet new people
Cons
It was very stressful
Perfect for people who don't need a set schedule
Cook (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJanuary 16, 2019
I gave my manager a list of days I was not available for the month and still got scheduled on ALL of those days. The schedule week starts on a Monday and the schedule is available the night before. Very hard to plan appointments and such when the schedule is only available a week at a time and you get scheduled on days you said you were unable to work. Also, restaurant closes at a certain time, expect to be there until close to midnight every night because management lets people leave early so you are stuck doing clean up yourself.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very unorganized, difficult to get clear answers regarding uniform and start date
Its was okay but not a career move for me
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Its a great place to work when you are a teen and still live at home with your parents. There was really no solid communication with staff. I just got tired of feeling like a puppet and wanted more out of life.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No one was really getting 40 hrs
No problems
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2019
I don't have anything bad to say about popeyes. Working there had it ups and downs but it was like a family. Popeyes gave me a family like work environment.
Fast Paced for Low pay
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 15, 2019
Popeyes is usually always fast paced there is always a flow of customers. However the employees are not paid enough for what they have to deal with. The working conditions are horrible
Fun workplace
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Popeyes had great managers that were willing to work with you, help you move up, and help everybody with finishing their job to make the days go by faster.
Pros
Half price lunches
Cons
Slight miscommunication with some management
popeyes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Popeyes was a fast food place. Some days it will be packed so we hade to pick up the pace and some will be really slow but we still tried to keep are self busy.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
fun to work, get to see a lot different opinions on service every day.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 14, 2019
it was fun for me, I worked as a cashier before in VA, and as a Manager at Popeyes 50% of the job is Cashier related, I enjoyed.
I got involve in construction with My Husband.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short Brakes.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
It was fast paced. The job was fun but not enough money. Some of the customers could be really nasty towards the cashier. I hated having to clean the restrooms
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
It’s was a Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXJanuary 14, 2019
What you have to do it’s not worth 7.25 an hour. The food is expensive and I don’t make enough. The people you work with will make it or break it for you. I stayed because of the people I work with. Customers were rude and did not respect us as workers. It’s just I can’t help if the food is expensive or how small the piece of food comes. That just out of my control. I think we should get paid more then just 7.25
Pros
Good breaks, discount
Cons
Not good pay
Productive Fun enviorment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Learned so much working there. Made a lot of friends and were happy that the customers were pleased with there orders.

May get rough but overcame the obstacles.
Fun productive work place great atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I'd work for Popeyes again if I could it was more like a second home the wonderful work experience I loved going in to work I loved staying busy so fast paced is Popeyes I'm a quick learner and Popeyes is very fast paced
It was the worst and it was due to the poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I was told to clean things that were supposedly cleaned once a week and I swear that wasn't the case. I was on my knees cleaning under tables and in the storage while EXPECTED to deal with customers and their food. What customer wants their order to be handled by someone who was just under the table and handling chemicals. They were also very rude to me and didn't properly teach me what I was supposed to know. My first week was horrible because I would stand around since I had no idea what to be doing since no one told me what to do and I would get in trouble for it. Then they proceeded to take my hours away and change what I was supposed to be doing. I was a cashier and they had me come in just to clean, Only me, On a busy day. I was cleaning the storage and was around the chemicals for an hour, stuff was too heavy and difficult for me to move but I never once got help despite asking for it and once I was done I was told to clean the freezer, again by myself. It was the worst day ever, there was no support, no guidance and no one cared if you were struggling.
Worst job EVER
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Let me just say it wasn’t the job itself , it’s the people you have to work with ! The mangers all are very unprofessional, they steal money from the cash register and make one manager make all the money and chicken back up !!!! It’s sad there . Employees trying to fight other employees well they did fight twice , and they still have their job . The pay is even worst 8.05 a hour in order to make your pay go up you have to do leaning hubs which that takes for ever for the managers to sign off on in order for you to get a 50cent raise .. customers are rude asf . Oh this Popeyes has roaches that they ain even trying to get rid of . Lmfao please don’t waste your time on this Popeyes go so where else !!!! I quit I couldn’t take it no more , can’t get off when you supposed to because nobody wants to come in at the right time , but leave they shift on time without doing any of their duties. Glad I left the drama and messy place of work ! But hey if you want something to just start you for the time being go ahead
Pros
Discount
Cons
Manager, coworkers, stealing
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Once I got through the training and everyone knew their job it didn't matter what kind of day you were having or the whole team worked together like a well oiled machine.
Popeyes
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 13, 2019
The most cultured job I’ve ever worked. Very strict in sanitizing, cleaning, product rules which was greatly taken serious by all staff & employees. We were a good team.
Pros
Proud employees good pay
Cons
N/a
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 12, 2019
Meeting greeting people handling cash passing out food taking orders through drive thru hand & hand cash transactions I like working for Popeyes......
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
corporate greed over human need
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 12, 2019
they had a franchise buy out and screwed me out of health insurance that I had built up they do not care about the employee only about their own bank account and it's just another company of slave labor
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.5K
31.7K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Popeye's Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably