Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

31.5K
Found 5,130 reviews matching the search See all 5,527 reviews
Work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 14, 2018
It’s an okay job for teens who would like to work to make time pass by. To make friends and to have fun and just be in a very chill environment with others
Not fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 14, 2018
The management sucks. They have drug users that wrk for them and cook for them and the managers steal ur time off ur paycheck my deducting hours. The manager likes to leave with one of owners to go drinking while clocked in
productive and poor management
Crew Person (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2018
the manager there had took my hours out the computer because her and one of my family members got into a altercation i than told the head manager and they said they fired the person but i go back up there and the person was still working there.
Pros
never free lunch but we could use a discount.
Cons
short breaks no call offs
The job is very interesting to work at.
Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2018
I would recommend alot of people to work there not just because of the job culture but the weekly pay it really helps alot. I liked working there sometimes on good days. There is alot of good and helpful coworkers there though. The management there can improve alot in order for it to be a better store.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
10min 0r 30min breaks
Very exciting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2018
I love working here. Popeyes might not be much but it's better then nothing. You get to meet different people from all over. You learn new and different tasks everyday. It's challenges you face here and there but they all with it. I would recommend this job to anyone who needs it. Popeyes is one of the best companies to work for if you ask me☺.
Monica
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 14, 2018
Popeye's was a good job. I loved when it first opened. I learned the greetings well. I had to use them as soon as customer came in. Management was great, the hardest part was when the crew that came helped us out, coached us on everything, Seeing them leave
Positive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIAugust 13, 2018
Its an overall good restaurant that respects customers and staff. Has great morals and is a great place to work. Highly recommended to anyone who wants work.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYAugust 13, 2018
I loved working there. Lots of things to do. Lots of hours also. Company was great. I worked there for 3 yrs as a cook, prep, cashier, manager. Alot of room to move up in the company.
Very productive
Breakfast Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work. You can learn quick and and everyone get along well. The managers took the time that was needed to help you learn not just throw you out there and hope you got it
Pros
Pay good
Cons
Rush hour
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NCAugust 13, 2018
The place is good just need better management and people who likes to work .. need more cashiers and team members to work .. have good service with customers
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Unorganized

Want to know more about Popeye's Restaurants?

Ask a question
Fun work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2018
Everything was easy to do and everyone was nice I learned a lot. Got to eat when I was hungry, everyone was even no one started trouble. I worked enough to kill my time and I was really getting to know everyone. No drama people everyone worked together.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 13, 2018
Everyone at work is very friendly everyone is respectful. The manager was a fair person was very reasonable. The work space was fast paced but its not too bad its perfect the time goes by pretty fast.
Pros
free meal and discounts
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 13, 2018
Fast paced environment with lots of customer interaction. Food prep and keeping station clean. Washing dishes and returning them to position. Cash register use.
popeyes
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
I worked here while i was a teenager and its great money for high schoolers. An adult would need to work two jobs if working here because it would pay all the bills
Just dont do it
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALAugust 13, 2018
This place is not a very productive environment management is very indecisive and loves to talk about employees behind their backs. Not very good people skills
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 13, 2018
I love doing the cashier i also love doing the drive thur and helping customers but the management and the company was terrible and most of the employees was terrible.
Cons
Popeyes was a really good job for me at the time
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 13, 2018
My experience at Popeyes wasn't all that bad . We we're.very busy alot but everybody all worked together and we all got the job done. Popeyes is really good at teamwork.
Pros
You can bring food home every night
Cons
It can get really stressful
popeyes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 12, 2018
its a job not a good one but it will get you by. I didn't like it because the managers are rude and the workers are to. well not all but most of them ar. seen some workers do things like pick food off the floor.
Interesting workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAAugust 11, 2018
Frequent loss of employees, fights amongst crew and managers, poor pay. Owner does not seem interested in keeping employees. Promises are not kept here.
productive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2018
I liked working at Popeyes. I got promoted one year after hire. They prefer to promote within the store. I got to improve my customer service skills and management skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Popeye's Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably