Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

Found 88 reviews matching the search See all 7,121 reviews
Excellent
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2019
Choose TA over Sailorman if you ever work at popeyes. TA has benefits Sailorman doesn't. Even if your a dish washer you have health insurance an better pay
Pros
Ta
Cons
Sailorman
The job was fast pace and need better managmaent skills.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 10, 2019
I clock-in and start taking orders and collecting money.
I learn this is not the right work place for me.
Management was unprofessional and racist and extremely unfair and rude to the employees.
The hardest part of the part was trying to do everyone else's job and yours at the same time the workplace was unorganized and lack giving proper training skills to all employees.
The most enjoyable was improve in intense problem skills and helping as many people as I could.
Pros
The smiles you can put on a employee or customers face by giving the them proper, customer service respect.
Cons
Working with difficullt people and a unorganized workplace.
Working here is for those who just need income
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2019
I've worked here for over a year. It's hard to get a raise. Even when you do everything they say you need to do to get that raise.you have to beg for breaks and they are always under staffed so you end up doing more work then normally.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No raise, no breaks, understaffed
Brazy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2019
The workers at the job were cool. However, the pay was highly unacceptable, The manager did not know how to communicate along with the workers very well, the manager treated the workers very poorly.
Pros
Cool Workers
Cons
Poor Management
Place is very hectic.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2019
Working at popeyes was very stressful, the manager at that time was very inappropriate and not professional at all. The manager would not allow anyone to clock in or out, which resulted in money lost out of my paycheck.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
Bad manager.
Starting out job
Cashier/Sales Associate (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2019
I have learned it is not the type of job I would see myself having throughout my life it was only a job that got me through college. I do not like the low pay for that amount that is expected.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
to be self determined
Productive fast pace environment with fun challenges
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2019
God job for younger folk when starting out in life. Not a career choice for many people but a fun environment. Challenging some days but but fun all the same. Gay pace never bored at this job. Management was rude at my store but the staff were real hard workers like me. Management here didn't understand that everyone isnt the same on a staff and talking is a necessity not yelling.
meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2019
the restaurant runs fine in my opinion but the manager was never satisfied I had to leave there asap so stay away from the one by EWC other than that the work was fine and really busy
Pros
free food
Cons
bad management
50% for individual meals on break
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2019
They dont care about your family or whatever you got going on outside of Popeyes. Schedule is not flexible. Sink or swim attitude. Just show up and work, period.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No assistance at all. Pay for your meals. No flexibility at all.
I liked meeting new people and the exsperience i recieved
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2019
There's nothing i would change but the pay and hours it was a great time the co workers were more like family we cried laughed and all got mad at each other but we stuvk together at a team and kept an well ran store that kept the customers happy
Pros
Only half off ypur lunch while your there
Cons
Paying for lunch and cant get a discount to feed family
Popeyes can be fun at times when we are slow or when we are closed
Popeyes crew member (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 21, 2018
Popeyes can be stressful when customers give you a hard time instead of working with you. And then you have some customers who are reasonable and respectful instead of being rude because most customers are rude to us when we tell them we dont have certain product ready at the time but besides that popeyes is not that bad
Pros
We get discounts when we purchase food from our job
Cons
We get 30 minute breaks
Not enough pay or hours
Food Prep and dish washer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2018
You cannot live on what they pay at this job. I always asked for more hours and they wouldnt let us make overtime. I liked the manager and my employees.
I liked it for a long time
Team member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 8, 2018
I liked the people I worked with management was awesome. Some hard days easy to get used too.Hard work but mostly worth it .They gave a lot of hours too.
Pros
Good work friends, management, hours
Cons
Hard work some days, long nights sometimes, rare rude customers
popeyes
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 5, 2018
working at popeyes my days was good and I learn that being a cook was hard but a challenge for me to do everything in order for everybody to be on time with the customers order.the management was good a nd the culture was also.the hardest part was being a cook for popeyes.the most enjoyable part was getting the job done on time
Fast Paced Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2018
Depending on the day of the week and the hour business can either be booming or slow. Employees require some training in order to ensure food safety and preparation. Some employees are nice, but others can be very vicious. Some enjoy arguing, use profane language, give bad attitude. Also some customers are rude. We pay our lunch, but you get an employee discount.
Pros
Employee discount during lunch
Cons
Dealing with people with bad atttitude
Too much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2018
This job wants too much for what they are trying to offer. They just want to much. They barely put you on the schedule to work. They don't pay enough. But they want you to work like a slave.
advancement was always open
manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2018
hard work but fair, that was the motto that my employees and i worked under.the food was prepared fresh everyday and there is pride in the cleanliness of the restaurant too. i ran my units as if we was under inspection at all times and the is what made us the Best
Pros
food and crew
Cons
landscraping could be better
im a people's person so the costomer service was no problem to me
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
its a nice place for high school students to work at after school, but to start a career from it, in my opinion is not the route i would take . i enjoy meeting new people.
It’s overall not a bad job to start of with to get you off your feet. It’s very fast so you will continually be busy.
Popeyes crew member (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2018
Popeyes is not a bad place to work at. You will get the days you want off if you talk to your manager. It’s a good place to start of with to get yourself off your feet but don’t think about staying too long because it will stress you out.
fun experinece
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2018
It was my first job so i cant really complain about it i loved everything about it from the mangers to the crew members. i would not mind looking back but i have a family and also a bright future.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Popeye's Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably