Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Found 739 reviews matching the search See all 7,098 reviews
Everything was ok it was hard at first when I started working there but it got better.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 19, 2019
Popeyes was a different job that I worked at but I learn new things an skills an love it . There was things that I didn't know how to do but I learn how to an had the best bosses an co workers too.
Popeyes is great employment for anyone
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 17, 2019
I had a great time working for Popeyes. I love the work and benefits that offered. The location of restaurant was reliable for my commute to work. Great
its not what it seems
Crew/cashier (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 17, 2019
it is not like how they would describe it to be you do get free lunch but to be good at your job there is a blessing and a curse all in one but it has some ok moments
Not a happy enviorment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 15, 2019
my experience was poor they pay you 7.25 to work long hard hours call you in all the tine and if u=you are unavalable hold grudges justa was a very unfair sometimes stressful enviorment to me
Pros
you have a job
Cons
discount on 2 items on the menu
Terrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 15, 2019
The people above you treat and talk to you any kind of way and they try to work you to death for the lowest wage. And the air is broken and they wouldn't get it fixed. Hard working environment and they don't want you to laugh and actually enjoy working there. SUCKS!!
Working At Popeyes
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJuly 14, 2019
Popeyes as a part-time job was as you’d expect. It’s a somewhat laid back yet competitive job, it has its ups and downs. Working at Popeyes was an amazing learning experience, it helped me learn to properly communicate in the most efficient manner during hard to concentrate times.
popeyes
Popeyes crew member/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Carencro, LAJuly 14, 2019
the company is excellent and the work is easy , but the management can get a bit out of hand sometimes. you clean up every night but it’s not that bad . it tends to get busy but once you catch one your gonna do great .
Pros
easy
Cons
attitudes
Not a great place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 9, 2019
It wasn't a good place to work when I first started because it just opened in my area. Now when I go in there it seems way better more organized and order.
Working at Popeyes
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 8, 2019
I currently work here, i would recommend this job only because management runs pretty awesome, the people are friendly and on going, they are always busy!
Good
Crew (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJuly 8, 2019
It’s only a part time job. Don’t get more than 32 hours usually. Very low pay. Only minimum wage. It was nice working there. Just needed something better.
Pros
Good food and free food
Cons
Low paay
Good, but Over-Worked
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 6, 2019
No benefits , they expect you to work as hard as possible while managers stand around and do nothing. The work is easy, but only when everyone works (including managers)
Pros
They’re Flexible
Cons
OverWorked
Anyone who works here with have an excelent work ethic
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 4, 2019
A typical day at work would be you get to your shift the assistant manager or the manager would assign the position you would be covering whether it be drive thru, cashier either for the drive thru or lobby, preparing the biscuits, or just prep for the food that has to be stored in the cooler.

What I learned at this job was, how to be able to group with a large group of people, how to handle the cash register, conflict resolution, and an excelent work ethic.
Wonderful working environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJuly 3, 2019
Popeye’s is my first job I have had. It was a great learning experience. I am grateful for the managers and other employees for showing me the ropes and being patient with a new crew member. The atmosphere was so positive.
Great Workplace Gone Hostile
Crew Memeber (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 2, 2019
When I was first hired there. It was great. The managers were welcoming and the crew was amazing. I found myself being favored by the assistant manager while the general manager looked down on me for my age and college of choice.
Aside from all of that though, I learned a lot of helpful things about food safety. As well as how to cook tasty moist chicken. I also strengthened my multitasking skills there as well. Being ind rive thru I was tasked with taking orders, cashing them out, sometimes gathering food, and handing out the food. I experienced a serious injury on both of my arms causing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns from my elbows to my fingers. I had to work anyways but still had the best times for day shift.
I eventually left due to hostility and unfair treatment from the upper management.
It’s a nice company but my hours weren’t enough to support my cost of living
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJune 26, 2019
The have good management and the company is a nice and fun place to work I learned a lot from this job but the hours were bad and the compensation was poor
Inconsistent, cliquey, and overall unqualified management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJune 25, 2019
From regional supervisors to team leaders, the only skill necessary to be in a management position is a pulse. The managers like who they like and do not value hard work. Most managers are intimidated by employee initiative and typically seek to keep employees "in their place". Most management styles change per manager, and no manager feels the same way for too long. The worst part is that as a crew member of two years, with "official" training in EVERY position, my salary has not increased even $1 per hour. Side note: My store's location is considered to be a regional favorite.
Do not work here!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 23, 2019
I worked for this trash company and was NOT paid. There isn’t a HR/Personnel Contact so you’re basically screwed and the manager is rude, disrespectful and doesn’t care about anyone else except her little girlfriend I.e. the young girls that work there.
Pros
Cons
No pay, no higher up, no support.
It was a good start to get some experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJJune 21, 2019
I did not like working here they are so unprofessional and rude I only stayed for the work experience and to pay for school they are unfair the only good part about being there was that I lived close
I like this job but I want to move on.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2019
This was my very first job and still my current job I have no problems with Popeyes but I just feel like I need to move on to something better and that’s is why I’m looking for a new job.
It is a great place to start off working
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2019
It is a fun and relaxing place to work but it do get busy every once in a while. You will get your hours every week. You will make a lot of friends and it will be like working with family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.7K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Popeye's Restaurants.

Powered by Comparably