Popeye's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 6,370 reviews matching the search See all 6,854 reviews
Was a great learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2019
Working as a manager in a fast food restaurant is an outlet for other managerial positions because it is so demanding and fast paced. This will prepare you for the real world and improve different skills
Working for Popeyes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 14, 2019
I worked the morning shift here and went in about 2 hours before we opened. There I had to turn on all the warmers for all the side dishes. Then from there you start to prepare the sides. Once the sides are ready you have to put them in the serving containers and stock them up. Once we open you keep the sides stocked up by preparing more if needed.
I like this job but I want to move on.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2019
This was my very first job and still my current job I have no problems with Popeyes but I just feel like I need to move on to something better and that’s is why I’m looking for a new job.
Was very fun working here
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 13, 2019
It was fun working here as I have 2 separate times now, but the management wasn't all that great, and they tend to make you work while injured or sick so I left.
Clean environment fun place to run
Employee (Former Employee) –  Baker, LAJune 13, 2019
It was a nice place to work at , nice environment . Employees had good attitudes work space was clean . Everyone was helpful . It helped me to become a fast worker .
great starter job
Cook / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 13, 2019
It was a good experience overall.They worked around my schedule was able to work at my own pace. I learned how to prepare chicken and season it. I learned how to do dishes properly
Productive and great place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2019
I enjoyed working for popeyes,it was definitely a learning experience,I was able to grow and become a more efficient manager,I can say at times it was hard and challenging,but well appreciated.
Half price on meal sometime free
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 13, 2019
It can be a great work place but the people make it harder then what it really is. The job is super easy but under payed because they over work they good worker because the other workers lacking this no just one day this a everyday thing. In i dont think its fair because i not getting payed for doing 3 other ppls jobs. I am not sorry i am a team player but when they not doing why should i have to leave my work to go do they work or do my work than go do there's
Pros
Half price
Cons
30mins to 45 mins or no breaks
It is a great place to start off working
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2019
It is a fun and relaxing place to work but it do get busy every once in a while. You will get your hours every week. You will make a lot of friends and it will be like working with family
Not a good workplace
Popeyes (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2019
I didn’t really like Popeyes it was drama it just should of stayed a neat workplace but everybody always came to work being rude and arguing a lot so I felt like I didn’t wanna work there anymore
Bad Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2019
Poor Management!!!! They will fire you no matter if you do anything rite. Worked here like for 3 years and the company doesn't do anything for you. They just care about Money!!!
I hated it here
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19140June 12, 2019
the management was poor and very judgmental. I was a bit thicker than the other skinny girls and I remember the manager told me that I was taken up too much space that I was too big. making it seem like im 400 pound teenager.. and here also tried to do some slick but I didn't let them. and the pay is 7.25....... yea. NO.
Fair
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  White Hall, ARJune 12, 2019
Fair...No breaks at times..Some mangers are not team players they are unwillingly to help employees to complete work tasks... Some managers do not have good leadership skills, poor communications, and bad attitudes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks at times
Unorganized
Popeyes cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 12, 2019
When i start they had me working without a permit then put me on leave also it was conversations there that didn’t need to take place and the managers picked with some works and fired a lot of people because of small things and i left because of how unorganized and unprofessional they were
its a okay job
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 12, 2019
its a really nice job if i had to work there one more time i would they was very nice people they was very clean they keep fresh food they no how to treat people
Pros
free lunches on meal per day
Cons
the breaks was 30mins per person
it was a ok place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2019
it was ok at first. the stores was very messy and dirty. the owner didn't matain the building at all. rat and dead birds were found there. food was making people sick.
it was a great place to work and work conditions wasn't too poor.
Popeyes crew member (Former Employee) –  Arizona City, AZJune 12, 2019
there are nice people and good working condition.many of the people are vary understanding.always had time to spare for other things like cleaning the dishes.
Pros
good working condition
Cons
fast working condition and low hours.
It was a very free , unprofessional environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2019
My experience was very well lived , though my only issues were the unprofessional manner a lot of employees carried themselves in in the presence of customers , and the schedule not being able to adhere to my school schedule ( being put on night shift until 2 am as a high school student )
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Schedule
It was a great place to work friendly team members and Managers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2019
I enjoyed working there as a cook and everyone that was there. I don't really have much to say it's been a while since I've worked there so I really don't know how things are there
Pros
Discount on food
The management was horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Searcy ArJune 12, 2019
The management is just horrible the job itself is not that hard but the pay is not worth the time that you put into the job. It's just not a good job at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popeye's Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.6K
31.9K

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss