Poplar Healthcare Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

A complete hostile work environment
Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2019
The worst place to work unless you are a favorite or relative to someone. Or unless u drink and do drugs with fellow employees including managers. Pay is a joke with what you are responsible for. So much illegal protocol goes on it's scary but unfortunately they never get caught.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Rare breaks and the two faced people including mamagers
Terrible working environment
Accessioning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2019
Manager lied... should of been honest about working hours. After Thanksgiving, hours decrease. Also, the pay should be increased to 16.00 per hour. I think that is fair. Who can live on 13.00 per hour with cost of living increasing.
Cons
Poplar Healthcare's mission to bring superior pathology to community based physicians
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2019
A typical day included calling on a mix of current users with targeted prospects. Each account/prospect offered a different approach and required my creativity. No two days were ever alike. Greatest challenge is the changing dynamics of healthcare in the US with each provider trying to make financially sound decisions.
Pros
Able to make my own schedule.
Cons
Decline of independant healthcare providers
Listen when you read this
Clerk Typist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2019
Your out your mind if you work here.. It's a set up job I'm stuck with this job my life sucks Workin here I hate all management and the leads all suck
Hard work is not appreciated
Receiving Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 3, 2019
The pay raises here are insulting. I've worked here going on 4 years and have yet to get a decent raise. I never call out, I'm always doing more than required without complaint, but I get 11 cent raises; that's an insult. The company offers quarterly bonuses and even those aren't weighed as said; job performance, punctuality, attendance, however, they base it on seniority. I mean you work hard, but you're not rewarded nor appreciated. During lab week they never do anything to include the overnight employees.
Pros
nothing that includes overnight
Poor Management
Labor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2018
Would be a great place to work, but very poor management, the upper management do not keep their word on raises, and time. The workers are over worked, under appreciated, and under payed for there services.
Stressful and Demanding
Commercial Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38125December 4, 2018
Never felt at ease with company, management, policy compliance, etc. Micro-managed. Hires and promotes friends and relatives of management. Very low morale.
Cons
unrealistic goals
review
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2018
Working for poplar healthcare was a wonderful experience I really enjoy all but a few co-works, my manger was great. I was sent to a location and currently I am still there and been there a couple of years but as time goes on I am not receiving the raises I believe I deserve especially since I am the only phlebotomist at my location. Anytime I need off for just a couple of hours I have to use my vacation time and take the whole day off because they don't want to find help in the city and state were I am located at the office does not want to train anyone new there for leaving me know choice of being off. Great job for starting out but don't make it a long thing
a business for making money
Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 11, 2018
This is a business to make money. The corporate culture is check all the figures and then wait for a better option. The staff feels generally unappreciated and underpaid.
garbage
Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2018
hate it here steph prastcher is the devil toward black people racists trump narcists company high turn over rate because bad management never will work here again and under pay you
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
Ordering Supplies
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 22, 2018
Very Stressfull work enviornment, it is very hard to deal with alot of situations specially when it comes to ordering supplies for various lacations( lab, management and doctors) where these accounts are on hold for non- payment.
Pros
Non
Cons
Just about everything
Warm environment
Accessioner II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2018
Well diverse group of people, but there aren’t enough people there that’s willing to work as a team and the management team can be difficult at times to work with, but the benefits outweigh all of it
Pros
Has wonderful benefits
Cons
Never know what time you will get off
Job security
Cytogenetic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day at work, viewing patient workload and begin process patient samples. Training new employees. Management can be stressful. Most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships that were created.
Never work here
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 24, 2017
Everybody thinks they know everything and don’t know anything. Management sucks, will work you like a dog and won’t care. Hours are outrages. Can’t take off work when you need to always have excuses. Short staffed. Overall bad place to work.
Cons
run on ignorance, ego and sychophantic tendencies
Cytogenetic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2017
to be scientific biological lab, upper management is highly illogical, inefficient,& incapable of doing their jobs, which were gained through nepotism
Pros
close to highway
Cons
childish, narcisistic, stupid
I love working for Poplar Health Care, I had plan for retirement
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2017
I am so interested and thankful for indeed to help me in my search for employment in the health corporate. The company has been great to work for, Co workers , close to home, and love my position, just had to leave for emergency family care.
Very high coolection quotas
ADMINISTRATIVE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2017
The best time look forward to there is being off. The focus on 6+ year old written off medical bills is in my opinion, emoral and also very unethical.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High pressure for coolections
Great People
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Great people to work with here but management can be tough at times. One of the better laboratories in the country. Overall good experience but a stepping stone place for most.
They dont value employees
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2016
This was a company who didnt value employees. They also dont value the clients and their specimens they send to the company. Lost files everywhere, and very unorganized.
Pros
lunches
Cons
raises
Company has totally changed.
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2016
Loyal hard working employees are taken advantage of and employees that are always missing work, making errors and causing workplace drama are rewarded with full raises, career advancement and the list goes on sadly.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Lab Management and Benefits