PopSugar Employee Reviews

One of the best professional experiences in my career so far!
Instagram Stories Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2019
I loved working each day at POPSUGAR! The office enivronment is vivacious and charming. I was happy to come into work each day to assist with the production of content I personally enjoy as well as enhance my skills by learning from the amazing POPSUGAR employees.
Voice Over Artist
Voice Over Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
I honestly don't feel comfortable reviewing this company because I was their in house voice over artist, not a salary based employee. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Respectful, creative culture
Director of Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2018
Excellent place to work.
Strong management.
Would benefit from offering more flexibility in work style.
Committed to diversity and inclusion.
Respectful culture.
Fun place to work with unfortunate upper management issues & lack of communication between departments
Video Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 12, 2018
PopSugar is a digital media company that has been in operation for over 10 years yet still very much operates like a start up in many ways. A few of those ways being - 1) almost everyone is pulling more weight than they should be given their title/compensation, 2) upper management constantly changing processes, laying off teams, having difficulty figuring out and successful business model, and 3) as briefly mentioned in my last point, the company is not profitable in it's current state.

On the bright side - POPSUGAR office culture is akin to the tech/start up feel - open floorplan with no offices, fun events like happy hours to boost morale, snacks in the kitchen at all times.

Overall I am grateful for my experience at POPSUGAR thanks to the people I worked with (excluding upper management). The company for the most part operates like a "family" from a social perspective and your coworkers make it all worthwhile.
Challenging
Research Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2017
I was very devoted to POPSUGAR and worked long hours and executed over 1200 research proposals a year.

My day started at 6:30 am and continued until 6:30 or later each night producing research proposals, analyzing data, creating and executing surveys, updating our Insights web site and providing sales with indivicual research requests.

I worked with a good team and enjoyed my job very much. I was very communicative and relayed all my ideas that were always implemented.
Pros
great company and products
Cons
I was laid off
Fun, team-oriented workplace.
Department Coordinator, ShopStyle (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2015
Teams work well cross-departmentally and everyone shows a great amount of respect for each other. POPSUGAR has great work incentives and everyone seems to enjoy contributing to the big picture.
Needs Work
HR/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 28, 2016
Needs work! No diversity within the company and a lot of bullying takes place at this company. I highly recommend that HR and upper management partake in diversity sensitivity training courses and seminars.
Very busy.
Assistant Editor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 6, 2013
A typical day involves constant multi-tasking. Be ready to learn because everyone is constantly learning. The hardest part of the job is the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Fun workplace with inspiring people.
Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2013
POPSUGAR allowed me to combine my love of writing and fashion for 6+ years. I learned so much, including writing witty, attention-grabbing headlines, how to Photoshop beautiful collages, and the workings of social media. I was able to move from fashion to lifestyle/city writing throughout my time there, and through the latter I learned about photography, networked at lots of local events, and interviewed countless celebrities.