Popular, Inc. Employee Reviews

Building ground
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Role involves working various senior management members, providing reporting and analysis. Team highly regarded and great collaboration, so lots of opportunity to part of making a difference. Work can become stressful during periods where multiple high priority deliverables are due.
Good place to learn
BANK REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Rio Piedras, PRSeptember 17, 2018
For me Popular was a good place to learn a few thing about the processes of a bank. I dmid learn a lot, but I felt like I couldnt grow as easy as in other job oppotunities I've had.
Excellente
Representante de Servicio (Former Employee) –  Mayaguez Mall, PRSeptember 10, 2018
Gran trabajo bien profesional buenos beneficios marginales pero poca paga
Productive and fun work environment
Bank Representative (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsSeptember 2, 2018
Great company to build relationships with clients. The knowledge gained from this company will be used in the future at many other jobs. I appreciated the growth gained while being employed at this company. The incentives and bonuses were great.
Pros
Great incentives and paid vacations.
Cons
Fast paced and long lines
Great company poor management
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 27, 2018
For a part-time position, there where weeks where I only was allowed to work 12 hours. Some of my shifts where of only 3 hours. Witch I basically spend my check on gas to arrive.

Limited on hour (annual budget of 1,500 hour if my numbers are correct) if you exceeded the limit you weren't allowed to work until you annual hours where cleared again.
Pros
Great compensations
Cons
Limited on hour
Bpna
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Good place to work, however not the best pay in NYC, there is a lot of pressure with the sales aspeck of it and not enough coaching to the employees nor the best manager higer for the work done there.
Disorganized and complicated
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
Overall the company benefits and compensation it’s amazing. However, the level of stress and hard work isn’t worth it. I think they can become more transparent in their communications and policies and procedures. Every branch does things differently. The uncertainty it’s high. I m trying to adapt as I need the income and enjoy banking. Not sure for how much longer with them.
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Cons
People, policies
Great company
Teller /CRS (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 24, 2018
Great company to work for .Much room for growth in many areas
I would love to work for any of these companies again.
Its great benefits ,with friendly people also a great feeling of safety .
Pros
great benefits
Every coaching session is a threat yo your position
Telephone Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ave. Roosevelt , San Juan P.RAugust 21, 2018
Telephone Banking Consultant is a position where you are always on the edge. Employees would come to work under stress. Supervisor and coaches do mo motivate.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Only monthly work contract. No plans to make us regular employees.
Great experience
Watchman/Security (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 16, 2018
Banco popular is a great know bank chain with great reviews and great management .very clean and professional good career move for an individual for a people person
Pros
Very clean and professional
Cons
Temporary
Trabajo bajo presión en todo momento.
Adjuster / Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2018
Se trabaja por producción y servicio en todo momento.
Great 13 yrs
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 1, 2018
With Popular Community Bank, you an opportunity to grow. It was a team effort job that required all hands on deck to get the job done. I worked with amazing staff.
Ambiente estable y seguro
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 26, 2018
Excelente Servicio al cliente en todas las áreas, han hecho que sea la institución financiera más importante de todo el país.
Pros
Servicio al cliente 24 horas
Cons
Cuotas costosas por servicios
fast paced environment
Office Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rio Piedras, PR 00926July 24, 2018
Lot of work, you have to work well under deadlines and under constant pressure in a very changing environment, communication is vital to understand how the business work. Trainings are a must.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
If you fail to follow the procedures and comit a mistake you can propably be laid off.
Nice place to work if they change management
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsJuly 24, 2018
It's a good place to work for children just coming out of school no one encouraging you or they not allowing you to move up in the company I think working there is too much work for little pay no assistance no kind of encouragement when you working some were you want the company to thank you for your hard work and push you but they do not do that is you come work or don t cone work you work hard for nothing
good organizational culture
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 21, 2018
good place for stability but not too many opportunities of advancement nor relocation if you live outside the metro area. other than that is and overall good place to work.
Great place to Work, too bad its operations moved to Puerto Rico
Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 18, 2018
Popular Bank was absolutely was great place to work and management was fantastic. They listened and communicated with their people. People worked in team atmosphere
Productive and fun place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 15, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. good communication with coworkers. the most enjoyable part of the job was get to call coworkers around banks all over Puerto Rico.
popular inc
Sales Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 11, 2018
Banco Popular was a great place to work. They are like 1 big happy family. The 1 negative thing that i would have to say is that: they Didn't Pay very well at the time. But they are very good at hiring ppl with no experience in banking. They are willing to training you to be what they need you to be. Other then the Pay, I would always go back to work at the bank.
Fun and productive workplace.
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 8, 2018
In my 10 years of working in Popular, INC I love my job very much. Popular, INC is a great employer, they provide you with a lot of benefits and trainings so you can do a better job each day.
Pros
Healthcare, increase of salary, work opportunities.