Popular, Inc.
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Popular, Inc. Employee Reviews

Love the people and love the culture at popular community bank! Is a company I wouldn’t mind working again for as long as the opportunity arises. I loved the management I had while I was working there.
Pros
People care - very well involve in the community. The CEO is a great person
Cons
Nothing to complain
They have the greatest benefits in PR at the moment in my opinion, however once you’re in it can be very difficult to advance in your career. The culture is fast paced and depending on your area it can feel like you are a part of something very important. The trainings offered professional and personal are excellent.
Pros
Benefits, vacation days, sick days, Personal Time Off, health clinic
Cons
Needs improvement in salaries and job advancement opportunities
En Bppr no importa el tiempo que estés no importa tu esfuerzo sólo los que ellos creen, los que llegan nuevos tienen una gran facilidad para crecer dentro del ambiente laboral si llevas años no importa sigue demostrando que puedes si no tienes un bachillerato o más así lleves en la empresa 20años no eres nadie, Así tengas excelentes evaluaciones.
Pros
Seguro médico, incentivos
I've been employed for over 3 years, but 2 of those was as a temporary contract employee, so I was not eligible for any benefits, advancement opportunities nor full time opportunities, even though I was doing the exact same tasks as my full-time collegues. I was segregated as a second class employee, and when I was finally offered a full time position, I have to spend an additional 2 years as a full timer to be eligible for another position inside the company (If you score perfect scores in their employee evaluations). They will do everything in their power to keep you in the high stress call center enviroment because their retention is non-existent. Their rules and metrics are absurd, so its difficult to fit their criteria for the opportunity of leaving the call center.
Pros
Fixed schedule, laxed enviroment, some good activities.
Cons
No room to grow, too many rules to move up or out of the call center, Low wages for the amount of work they put on agents.
This company have a competitive salary but they ask u a lot. You have to be able to do multi task while short staffed and attending customer. Run if u can.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Bad compensation
I don't learn much in the office, old technologies, nothing innovative. A typical day is arrive at the office, make the job done, talk to peers, lunch. The culture is good, good people, good peers, make the day more interesting. I dont have any enjoyable part of the job right now, the hardest part is not learn new things as I like. Managemente can better, perks and benefits are good, salary is a under.
Pros
2 hours lunch because I'm exempt. Perks, benefits. Freedom to arrive at any time to the office.
Cons
It's not exciting, boring job, not challenges, too much interruptions.
After 16 years of work, certifications and trainings my salary was only $8.65 hr. so was very difficult to live with so little salary so have to leave.I do not recommend work there, it is not was used to be.
Pros
Decent work
Cons
Too little compensation
You learn something every day. They move you when they want to, but they try to leave you as close to home as possible. Great co-workers. Management is not always willing to help you grow in the company.
Name tags are made out of PAPER, even for the 'executives'. Managers are WEAK and not very helpful. Go to the book and figure it out was their style. Way too much manual work for current technology. A lot of favoritism in the ranks, some could do no wrong, others got blamed for everything, unjustly so.
Pros
Free Coffee and thats IT.
Cons
Terrible corporate structure
La institución es magnífica brinda beneficios que ya nadie puede obtener en empresas públicas o privadas fácilmente. El único detalle es que quisiera que los Representantes Bancarios no tuvieran limite de 20 hrs semanales y que pudieran obtener el fulltime más rápido. Todos comienzan partime. Pero es muy buen patrono.
Pros
Plan medico, buena paga, variedad de beneficios e incentivos
Cons
20 horas semanales a los partime
You never get bored in this job. There’s always something to do. There’s a good team work. It’s a good job and the benefits are great. The problem is the management. There’s always a favoritism with few employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The management don’t care to much about good employees
Nice environment great working place fun. Working alone no set hours. Locations could be anywhere managers are nowhere to be reached when needed overall it was ok
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No set schedule
Popular is a dream job for me. There is a lot of room to learn, create a good networking environment and great profession to develop as a professional.
I've never wanted to work in banking, but I did. If you don't have a degree in business it's hard to get promoted.When I was initially hired in 2002, the HR person quoted me a salary of 25K. Later on they changed it. Never do verbal agreements regarding salary.
Pros
Free Spanish classes, Christmas parties...
Cons
Horrible increases or none at all.
Too many hours and not much acknowledgement of staff's hard work. In fact staff often feels unappreciated and there's low morale. Expectations are unrealistic since the Mortgage department is understaffed. They don't work as a team and are adversarial. Management is cutthroat. Unfortunately the list of cons is too long.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Cutthroat, very little resources and not much support.
It is a call center where is answered over 100 call per day and also work for an eligibility screening for a mortgage loan application. Have to have and excelent customer service and interpersonal team skills to achieve the group goal.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Work under pressure
â—Ź Work-life balanceWas ones of the best jobs in my lifeâ—Ź OverallBe in chart of taking care of employees kids. Was one of the most wonderful experience in my life. I grown and learn as a professional. Thanks to that experience I figured out how much I love to work with kids.
The worst company to work for. Discriminatory against non-Latin. Their goals and requirements were not obtainable. A lot of favoritism. Also Mgmt sleeps with subordinates for control.
An overall good employer. It has a good work environment and promotes ethical work. Excellent co-workers, stressful production targets. Oriented to comply with regulations, excellent medical insurance and 401k benefits.
Pros
Stability and work environment
Cons
Stress to comply with production budgets
good place to work, professional and flexible hours . Good balance between job and lifetimegood benefits and acceptable salary. In PR one of the best place to work with stability of job
Is a great experience and great place to expand knowledge. Great team work and professional help. They offer growing opportunities and learning centers.
Benefits
Cons
Wage
  1. Employee Reviews