Porch Employee Reviews

Bad management
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 7, 2019
Bad management not enough work bad management not enough work no advertisement not enough work bad management no advertisement people don't want to pay $158 for a $75 job
Good Company
Senior Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2019
Porch is a good company and a good place to work. They are doing some very interesting things in the residential space and have many offerings. I would recommend Porch to anyone looking for a good team to join.
Porch
Local Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2019
They did a great job making the company seem amazing. It was one of my first sales positions, and I was excited to be apart of this startup company. They had the sales team working sales, account manage, and account retention, which I now know are separate jobs. I was completely under paid for the work I was doing. Compensation for the sales was also a joke. My manager was very off putting and uncomfortable to be around. I wouldn't recommend any one to work here.
Like the company but not soo much the pay
Welcome Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 28, 2019
First off the pay is not 17 it’s 10.5 plus commission. Commission use to be easy, but seems like every time some master it and give everyone else tips they change it and make it harder to hit 100%. In the beginning it was fun to work at Porch, then they hired a new manager and she makes it’s the complete opposite of what it use to be. It pay would be ok if the systems wasn’t always going down adding to the struggle of trying to get to your 100%. It should be 12 an hour to help
Pros
Relax, good people, sometimes fun depending on which managers you have, caring
Cons
Pay, phone systems
Lots of loud obnoxious music but great lounge area
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2019
Main complaint is lack of transparency by management regarding bonus and unresponsiveness when seeking transparency. Deceptiveness in compensation plan. What promised is not what is delivered. Most people never know how much they will earn until they are paid. Management take advantage of the poor, desperate and needy.
Pros
Any type of music you like is played there very LOUD
Cons
Pay sucks
Really nice employees -
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 9, 2019
My contract and my pay were two different things. I was hired at 37K then told it was $10.51 per hour and that the other 1200 was a bonus for achieving sales goals and that was guaranteed for the first two months After 3 weeks my check was only for the $10.51 per hour. I was ignored when I ask questions. My phone calls, text, and emails to corporate were never answered. I was never made clear as to the actual daily sales goals you have to achieve to get the bonus. I was informed by another employee with the same issues that you had to wait for 4months before your first bonus check would be issued.
Unsatisfied
N/A (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 26, 2019
They are liars who dont want you to successed. They sell you false hopes and try to make the job seem more then what it really is they like to show favoritism to certain people and respectful disrespect others subliminally
Toatal let down
Home Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 10, 2019
Loved the company, and would have stayed. There was rumors that they were closing our office, when asked they kept denying it like we were stupid. Then out of no where they tell us to pack up and be cleared out of the office in 2 hours
Rancid culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2019
A grim place to work run by somebody who literally may be a sociopath. While there's a pretense that this is one of those wacky fun startups, it's actually a completely mercenary place. While there's a lot of areas for improvements, ultimately it's like that old proverb: a fish stinks from the head.
Pros
a free T-shirt
Cons
awful health benefits, cutthroat culture, broken product
Good company with forward thinking leadership.
Local Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 19, 2019
Outside location and lack of parking, great company. The team is a group of talented well trained professionals. They are a fast growing company and is one to watch.
Pros
Great comapny with start up environment.
Cons
Parking is limited.
Values are inconsistent
Welcome Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, GAMay 19, 2019
It was a great place to work initially, things began to get extremely catty between women there and the higher ups had no problem keeping extremely important information from the call agents. There was a major hierarchy of favoritism.
The company has potential but is running short of cash.
Unit (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 15, 2019
I like Porch, but a series of decisions has left the company with a need to pull back because of a lack of cash. Limited opportunities in the short term, good potential in the long term.
Fun place to work
Senior Rep (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 9, 2019
Fun place to work very transparent. Bonus are paid weekly. Top five performers, monthly get lunch with the boss. Really great place to work. MVP awards as well!
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
lots of changes
Love environment
Home Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 19, 2019
Environment is great at Porch. Lack of transparency in the workplace though, which leads to lack of job security. Great benefits. Great environment overall.
Productive and Fun
Local Market Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 26, 2018
Average day entails working with pros through similar processes and acquiring the best to be on our team. The managers have your best interests at heart and will work for you. Hardest part is the monotony of the job and the people we work with over the phone. Quick sales along with the fast paced environment is exhilarating yet leaves much to be desired. People and culture are amazing and would say the reason people stay for long is because of such.
Good experience
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Porch.com, loved expanding the Territory and having success. Was paid well and hours were flexible. Good training and short conference call meetings.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, compensation
Cons
Poor Middle Management
Great Culture
Porch Home Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 2, 2018
Porch has a very positive work environment. It is very goal driven but everyone tries to help everyone. There are not many positions to grow into unfortunately.
Good place to work!
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2018
Like many startups, it is best to be quick on your feet and you had better embrace change. Management is fully cognizant of how fast changes can occur and is good at warning folks about this going in. Company makes a big deal about a "no jerks, no egos" environment but that's easier said than done!
Pros
Good culture, regular updating of objectives and how well we are doing, great people
Cons
Not super secure in terms of long-term longevity.
I was My Own Boss pretty much I would get jobs texted to my phone just like every other handyman it was a first come first serve some weeks are busier
Handyman (Current Employee) –  Sarasota FloridaJune 7, 2018
This is a very nice place to start off as a handyman you make good money per hour it all depends on how many jobs you take that's how much you make you can make a lot of money or you can make a little bit of money it all depends on your experience as a handyman and the jobs at come out
Pros
You're Your Own Boss
Cons
No benefits
Put in the work and get rewarded
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2018
Put in the work and you will be rewarded with increasing responsibility and growth within the company. You must be okay with ambiguity and figuring it out without a lot of direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Porch. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Porch.

Powered by Comparably