Porex Corporation Employee Reviews

Exercise room on site, perks & incentives when there is overtime
Quality Aauditor (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GA 30213April 15, 2019
For the most part, I enjoyed doing my job. Management and the employees changed a lot. The pay rate is ok but should be more and the environment is noisy and dusty.The majority of the production positions are standing. On an up note, they have pretty good benefits. And free holiday meals.
Pros
Free food and opportunities to win prizes (sometimes money)
Cons
Short breaks/lunches
porex
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 19, 2018
got there cleaned my work space

heated my machines

poured my powder onto the press and begin my day

I loved the work type just all the drama and favoritism was crude and unexpected
productive and calm in a work plce enviorment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAFebruary 28, 2018
a typical day at work would normally start at 3:30 sharp we would grab our PPE material and start our production. what I learned working at porex is that some of your friends could turn into someone that you would remember in a lifetime. the management was pretty good he was a type of person that you could be friends with. the hardest things about working at porex was that I always had this one person breathing over my neck making sure that I wouldn't mess anything up knowing the fact that I knew everything that was going on in our department. the most enjoyable part of porex was watching your work be taken in consideration knowing that people are buying and saving lives with the material I make
Cool easy job to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GaSeptember 17, 2017
Cool job not to stressful. Operating machine with hand skill very useful using powder. Timeing on the machine take about up to at least 10min to molding. Before coming back up.
Pros
Quick working paste coming to molding parts.
Cons
Sometimes the machine will act up. Stopping or parts will not cook and sometimes some comtamition.
Great benefits and treats employess with respect.
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAOctober 22, 2015
They reward their employees with gifts, dinners, parties. etc. to show their appreciated. The do not overlook their employees.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
short breaks, point system
Fun place to work for, the people are so supportive and nice
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day would be interacting with customers in your designated territory and answering over 50-100 emails weekly based on the amount of orders from each customer. Management is fun and very supportive. This company has a great medical benefits package. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the amount of emails daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is everywhere you look you have a solid support system to help you get through the day of work.
Pros
independence of working alone
Cons
clock in clock out time clock system
Did not like work enviroment!
Production-Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn , GANovember 19, 2014
Did not like Porex. Worked midnight shift when I'm used to working 1st shift. Enviroment was too hot! Was too far of a drive for me from my home.