Port Huron Hospital Employee Reviews

horrible place to work for
Outpatient Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 15, 2018
horrible place to work for after mclaren took over outpatient work all sent to offshore coding people much much cheaper to pay them than USA coders just want to get rid of you then tell stories about your productivity
Pros
Cons
horrible management everything sent to offshore coding
Great job while it was Port Huron Hospital
Coder/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Great job until McLaren took over and outsourced a bunch of our jobs to a outsource company- who in turn outsourced our work to India.. a lot of my co-workers lost their jobs after years of work there just so McLaren could put money in their pockets!
Pros
insurance
Cons
mgmt. poor- no job security- they didnt care about you
Wonderful Place to Work
Program Secretary (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 12, 2017
Wonderful Place to work, love coming to work everyday. I have been employed here over 10 years and truly love my job and my co-workers. I am so happy working here.
Started out great, but then lack of intergrity
Coding Educator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 9, 2017
I had a very long career here; started out without experience and was given on the job training and advancement. However, with change of upper management --the environment lacked integrity to which I was accustomed to; therefore I left
A great place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nursing AdministrationJuly 6, 2017
Performed secretarial duties such as answering the phones, booking rooms for meetings, typing for most nursing directors and risk manager, other general secretarial duties such as fax machine, copier, etc.
Pros
A family atmosphere
High Standards
Emergency Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MI 48061May 30, 2017
They had high standards here which I appreciate for being a hospital. They compensate their employees very well, and appreciate every one of them! Always something to do!
Friendly environment
ENG (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMay 15, 2017
Woderful place to work, felt like a family! Co-workers always willing to work together as a team to get the job done. Nice and relaxing environment not a stressful place to work.
300+ bed medical laboratory
Supervisor, Department of Hematology (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 17, 2017
I managed the sections of Hematology and Coagulation.
Taught Hematology and Coagulation in the hospital's School of Medical Technology. I was the Laboratory's Quality Assurance Coordinator. Participated in "Hello Hospital", a program for elementary school students. Set up fine needle biopsies in conjunction with the Department of Radiology.
same as above
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 4, 2016
the drive was just to far away or I would have stayed the hospital is part of McLaren so there beliefs and there core system are the same
I enjoied my job
Diagnostic service associate (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 16, 2016
All I can say is that I liked my job. If you are offered a position decide on your own needs and if this position will fulfill them.
Very exciting real first job.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMay 29, 2016
I was a customer service associate in the Emergency Department. I assisted patients with either checking into the ER, visiting loved ones, or getting to procedures they may had scheduled.
I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 30, 2016
I volunteered at port huron hospital, and waited for different floors to call the phone they gave me, and then i would go to that floor and get a patient and take them to the front door with a wheelchair..
Pros
Free lunch vouchers
Cons
the vouchers were only 3.50$
The best
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 5, 2016
just a volunteer job but everything was great people and environment was a wonderful experience for me. I would recommend volunteering here'
Rn
Registered Nurse-Traveler (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIAugust 28, 2015
Conscientious, integrity driven Registered Nurse with a strong clinical background in an acute care setting, providing attentive care to patients with health challenges and medical emergencies. I possess a proven ability to work under pressure in fast-pacedemergency rooms, dedicated to ensure stabilization and successful patient outcomes to diverse patient populations. I am skilled in maintaining proper lines of communication to the health care team, patients and families for the delivery of safe effective patient care.
Pros
great staff support
Cons
no lunch breaks
provided great educational and learning experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 4, 2015
I learned more in nursing here than in all of my other nursing experiences combined. I grew as a person and as a Nurse here. I had a great charge nurse and floor manager.
Pros
constant availability for work, support from management
Cons
low staffing numbers when I left
Productive work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 19, 2015
You were on your own for most of the day, basically in an office with little contact with patients, unless on the phone. Once in a while I was needed to do an injection of a medication or to help take someone to the hospital for an impatient stay.
Registration - Emergency Department
PAA II (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 13, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed my first year of employment with PHH as an Emergency Department Registration Rep, I learned a lot and felt respected by the entire team. There were some changes made to the process of registration during my second year of employment instead of registering patients primarily in the triage area we went into each patient room to register them. This was not always an ideal situation as some people were intoxicated/under the influence of narcotics and could be unpredictable in so far as the safety of the registrar. That aside I did still enjoy mutual respect from my ED co-workers. I also had support from a very caring manager.
Pros
Good Co-workers, flexible scheduling options
Cons
Interactions with patients/patient families without support of other co-workers.
Hospital Receptionist
Hospital Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port HuronSeptember 2, 2014
Answer all phone calls. Transfer phone calls to Dr. or to a patients room. Answered any questions that a patient might have concerning a doctor schedule or offering a website to better educate the patient or loved ones.
Pros
Meet a lot of versitile of people
Cons
Many sick patients that look ill
good job
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 11, 2014
it was a great place to work. the only problem was the ever changing mamagement and the patient load on the floors for nurse aids. having a even flow of management in and out made the job hard to do accuratly and to the new managements standards.
Pros
great benefits, 3 day a week 12 hr shifts
Cons
patient load and responsibilities
Had fun working at Port Huon Hospital liked most of the people that worked in my departement
Customer Service/Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 4, 2014
It was great working at the hospital. I felt that if you supervisor did like you the found a way to get rid of you. That their was like a "pet" and those people could make mistake after mistake and are still there. I learned a lot in my 16 year that I was there. I enjoyed working with most of my co-works we all worked as one and most days went smoothly.(I know everyone don't get along), I found that someone made a mistake over and over again and would say they never did or do that it hard to work with some one like that. Some days were busier then others but I like that the fast pace most days.
Pros
got free lunches some time thur out the year
Cons
Some people took more breaks then they should have would take one with out telling others.