PORT LOGISTICS GROUP Employee Reviews

Not Pleased
Operations Manager (Hanesbrands) (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAOctober 21, 2018
Had worst experience of my career at Port. Management did not care about your suggestions of improvement or with making things efficient. And any ideas one brought forward that were implemented were not credited to the right person. Did not like my time working with Port at all...
Pros
Cons
everything
easy going
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 17, 2018
overall this was one of my favorite jobs that I had. I got the chance to demonstrate my skills in a more advanced level. overall its was pretty good..
It was a greart place to work for
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 2, 2018
The one thing about working for this company was that after work we will always meet with the drivers and warehouse worker and would have a picnic this was a great thing too do it make all of us feel like a family
Oportunities .
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2018
I been working in Port Logistics Group since 2012 , this company gave me a opportunity to grow up as a professional man. Teaching me every day how to be better . Giving me the opportunity to bring up my ideas .

Great company to grow up in what ever position you want .
Fun workplace but does not care for the employees.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 30, 2018
All about money but did not reward hard work. No room for advancement. Compensation was not given when deserved. Fun place but that's the only pro. More cons
Cons
Compensation
chill workplace
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GASeptember 26, 2018
Port logistics group is very slow pace work . It Has no growth and opportunities to reach a higher position . There’s a lot of favoritism and everyone seems to segregate them selves from each other .
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Job
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 8, 2018
Love the work and the company seems to be going in the right direction of technology and making things easier. The staff is friendly and I love that it is a diverse environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The pay
Productive and If we meet goal we get lunch once a m9nth5
Warehouse Associate General (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 29, 2018
First 6 months this year not 40 hrs per week sometimes 34 or 35 per week. Also if we meet production goal we get a free lunch on that month lunch rooms are air conditioned, pet peeve no coffee machine in the entire plant
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunity and low pay below market average
Easy work
WAREHOUSE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAJuly 18, 2018
If you do your job correctly and efficiently they let you do it on your own, instead of having someone micro manage all day.
Hardest part is having to deal with the heat.
Pros
easy work
Cons
might not get your 40- hours a week.
Lack of advancement
Ware house associate (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 14, 2018
Clothing storage company , no new equipment very demanding job . No benefits to floor employees . Would be hired by agency only . Lack of advancement very poor place to work for
Pros
Cons
Lack of advancement
LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJune 7, 2018
Everyone gets along it is a good environment. It's average and seasonal at the same time but all around great employees
Although some management seems to prefer a specific personality, the company strives for diversity and very much cares about their people. The salary is lower than other top companies, but the benefits and culture are amazing
Ok place to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMay 24, 2018
I just went to work to do my job. The people were ok to work with. I wish the pay was a little bit more. I did like the hours that I was working. If I had to work for them again I would.
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAApril 26, 2018
The controller is a difficult person to work for. He's cause the resignations of a handful of people in his department. At first, he will seem nice but don't fall for it, you unfortunately won't really know how he us until you've worked with him for about two weeks.

Be prepared to work excessive hours to meet unreasonable deadlines.
Pros
Occasional food brought in
Cons
Dry work environment, no room for growth, terrible managers and culture
Very nice people. The culture is great. Very relaxed.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 19, 2018
I enjoy my time at port logistics. Everyone is nice. Makes you feel like you belong there. Simple place. No drama. Everyone treats you like family. 5 stars.
Pros
Great environment. The people.
Cons
N/a
Workplace culture
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAApril 17, 2018
The workplace culture is fast paced but once you been working there for a while you get used to it. Depending on the time of month work can sometimes get slow but it usually picks itself back up.
Wasnt a good place at the time
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAApril 14, 2018
Wasn't a good place at the time!!! Poor culture, poor management, it was very stressful. that was some years ago not sure if the culture has changed or not.
Calm stressful at times but a nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAApril 5, 2018
It was a nice calm place to work in. At times it became stressful and co-workers became too competitive and hard to communicate with. Friendly environment and very helpful managers and supervisors.
productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 19, 2018
very good work place and a great team of helpers you will learn while working at a steady paste there are so many opportunities for you to be a great worker
Pros
you get the best trianing
Cons
there is no air conditioning in the summer time
Poor Management and Communication
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 21, 2018
I have learned that leadership plays a major role in the management staff. Their is no leadership or guidance to improve the morale of the building nor the employees.
Cons
Short lunch, unorganized, unsafe
Port services in Baltimore, Norfolk and Savannah
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 19, 2018
My day involved dispatching and continuous movement of 9 drivers throughout the southeastern region centered around Savannah GA. I was also dispatching 3 drivers from the Norfolk VA area, into the middle of the country, and back again. I learned how to deal with 12 different personalities, work ethics and motivations for each of them. One day, while my car was in the shop, I was still able to maintain their routes, using only my phone and knowledge of the areas where the drivers went. Management was mostly non-existent, my immediate supervisor would put his feet on his desk and sleep most of the day. His boss allowed it. The hardest part of the job was getting recognition from my boss. The best part was getting the drivers to / from their respective terminals on a weekly basis and servicing the customers.
Pros
1 hour lunch free
Cons
Management mostly non-existent, coworkers doing nothing most of the day, No chance for advancement