Portable Air Employee Reviews

2.9Job Security & Advancement
Scheduling appointments, visiting customer,
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLFebruary 11, 2019
Check into office to confirm my daily plan, call and email all my customers and vendors, visit my scheduled customers and then organize my schedule for the next day.
Great work environment. Always new things to learn.
Administrative Asst/Billing (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 26, 2018
Typical Day - Complete assigned work on desk. Answer phones, transfer calls to according person or try to assist. Filing, data entry. Create bids for managers, create a "Reservation" for jobs. Bill customers. Process payments. Help out wherever needed.

What I learned - I learned tons of new skills, computer software, accounting. I learned to suggest new procedures to management to make procedures more efficient. I learned ways to problem solve, multi task, other areas procedures to assist as needed.

Management - Management staff were very nice, understanding, helpful and family oriented.

Workplace Culture - The culture there was diverse and comfortable. Outgoing and caring.

The hardest part of my job - The hardest part of my job there was probably when I couldn't solve issues and certain ways things were done that could have been fixed to make certain things run smoother, faster and more efficient but there was nothing I could do in my position except bring the issue up to management.

What I enjoyed most - I mostly enjoyed the friendly staff & management. I enjoyed the customer relationships and friendships that I made along with the employees I worked with.
Pros
Great benefits, 401K opportunities, paid lunches once in awhile. Opportunities to grow and higher position opportunities.
Cons
Certain issues that could not be resolved. Un-organized areas.
typical
Warehouse Associate, Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 13, 2017
typical type of job. If you need a paycheck then it is worth the time. Some aspects of the job are actually pretty good. It does stressful at times, but that comes with any job i suppose.
Easy work environment
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 3, 2017
I was allowed to work fairly autonomously, and had a relaxed working environment and many people there are pleasant to work with. As it is a small company with very little money to spend on marketing, I was given the responsibilities that would normally be delegated to a team of marketers and designers including video, Photoshop, page layout and design, photography blogging, social media, web design, live chatting with customers, lead generation and distribution to the sales team, data entry, and marketing strategy creation.
Pros
Relaxed environment, little stress or micro managing.
Cons
Lack of direction from management until there is a problem.
only with them for a little while
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJanuary 21, 2016
work early

driving heavy vehicles

some good others not so much

pretty knowledge go to them if you have questions

time away from family

driving forklifts
Pros
30 to an hour lunches
This place sucked to work at
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LASeptember 7, 2015
Due to the management, i.e. favoritism, friendship over quality of work, Portable Air was a terrible place to work. Current manager is a control freak and in carries over into the job in a negative way.
Pros
Cons
Too Many to list
Package and chiller rental company delivery and temporary installation.
HVAC Maintenance and Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLOctober 27, 2014
Portable Air provides rental package and chiller units to industrial and commercial clients, duties include repair and maintenance to their units and also delivery and installation at locations where needed. Some job examples would be temporary chiller installation at a factory or large building whose main chiller was down for maintenance or inoperable or package a/c installation for weddings, expos, parties or other tent events.

Some of of the units used were newer and relatively trouble free while others were older needing onsite troubleshooting and repairs.

Shop conditions were less than ideal, the tools, repair facilities, repair parts and equipment were not well organized and this may have contributed to some of the equipment failure in the field. Overall the management, technicals and other staff working there were professional and easy to get along with.
Pros
Provide professional looking uniforms
Cons
Reduced hours during slow periods
Great palce to work with good co-workers.
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Great place to work, just a little to far from home.
Learned allot about the HVAC Business.
Most days are 8to5 with OT require at times, Out of town work comes up at time.
Driving several hours at timers to get to a job.
Management and the people that I work with are great.
Pros
Good People
Cons
To far from were I live.