Portillo's

Portillo's Employee Reviews

United States698 reviews
Great for getting work experience.
Overall my experience was ok I did my job and got paid. Although I felt I was over worked and under paid. I also had no break at all so that was another down side.
Worst company to work for
This company does not know what they are doing. I worked there for 8 years. The pay is good but they treat you like a slave and they expect unrealistic expectations. Here is an example..... they decided to cap our starting pay an $11. All the stores are short staffed because we could not hire at $11 as people would not work for that amount. Then they cut all the over time. That is fine we were giving too much over time because we could not get employees to work for $11 an hour. The problem is that they cut the over time durning the most busy time of the year. Christmas. So everyone is working hard to pick up the slack. .
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Treated like a machine
don’t work here if you want to be happy
don’t ever work here. we are way overworked for the little we get payed. you’re happiness or wellbeing doesn’t matter when you’re here. a few people will try and include you but most will blow you off. management is terrible. they pick favorites and exclude everyone else. i have met some amazing people and life long friends while working here but the job is awful.
My task
My typical day of work would be smooth, I've learned how to work with different kinds of orders at once. Portillos business is very busy hardest task is dealing with different attitudes.best part is me loving people.
Great
Love working here was so much fun didn’t ever notice how fast the time went felt a lil over work but good pay. Some manager really help. Food tase great 50% off food
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Friendly
No matter what and no matter how many mistakes they always find a way to make the customer happy. Not all end up okay with it but they try. I can say that a lot of employees do leave even after a couple of years and a lot after a couple of months because it’s so much and not good pay for it.
They didn't pay me my last 2 week check.
That's why I rated them 3/5. Other than that it was alright. Portillos is a nice place to eat and working there wasn't too bad. The experience varies on what store location you're at.
Fun, but rough
This was an overall fun job, but 12 hour+ work days in dangerous weather conditions, 7+ hours for a 30 min break only, The managers were inappropriate a lot & overworked employees drastically
Portillos
Being a Employee at Portillos honestly was one of my best job experience, I will always recommend Adults &Young adults as well and mangers are very helpful and want to help you very well .
It good company
I would wish the dishes which is basic household skills so it was okay with me.
The restaurant is a big company really fast paced. Management really how about you with the work you have to do and help you get ready for work.
They have terrible management
They need new managers..and work on not wasting food or money. They also need to learn how to treat their employees way better. They don’t know how to talk to their employees
Good place to work if you’re just passing through.
A lot of drama goes on here. If you can just learn to filter that out and not get involved you’ll be fine. Customers are pretty entertaining sometimes. Management is 50/50
Pay was nice
The pay was good if you work 5 days a week. The mangers were terrible and the favoritism at the job was crazy. They went through so many General mangers it was crazy. The GM DJ was racist and he was a child trying to run a store. He was disrespectful and didn’t like black people. He had favorites and he was sleeping with one of the mangers. I would never ever work there again! They need to fire half the staff
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
workplace
It was a good place. It was new when I was working there so it was always busy but that kept me from being bored. It was hard to focus on school, basketball, and work at the time but I was younger and now I have it figured out.
Worse company to work for
Portillos has gone down the drain over the years. The company only cares about making money. They don't care about their employees, they are only a another number to them. Also they let people get away with murder and others not so much. The management isnt the greatest either.
Larger restaurant staff, more support
Portillo's was a nice environment, in my experience they started me on fries, then they switched me to patio to keep the floor and tables clean. Every day of work they would give a free entree or two.
Don’t
This job sucks they treat you like poorly and will not work with you in anyway they cater to the senior employees and management and whatever they say happened happen even if it’s a lie and they will not stand up for you if you’re not management or some type of supervis
Take orders, lean when slow, help other stations if slow, give best customer service
A typical work day at Portillo’s would be clocking in, count my drawer, grab my bags and prepare them, begin taking orders, clean when we get slow, do a like sweep, hello other stations, make bead, and make sure our customers are satisfied!
National Cab Company
I enjoyed working there, it was like family. I worked there for 9 years. I worked the cash register, scheduled cabs to drivers, answered phones, taking orders , and dispatching cabs to the passengers play radio. But, as everyone knows Uber destroyed the cab industry.
a cashier outside
well on saturdays there was countless times they scheduled me for 15 hour shifts. 10 of those were outside. We were allowed drinks at all times. The customers were usually rude. co workers were usually fun. Management had alot of flaws.
Out of town 3 month training
All sounded great till I was told I had to do 3 months training out of town. Which I wasent told about in interview, and could not do. Wish I was told that from the beginning so I didn't feel like I wasted my time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Portillo's. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight