Portland Gastroenterology Center Employee Reviews

Unprofessional staff
Multilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 27, 2019
Horrible place to work. Some good coworkers here but the company encourages discrimination and that why I left. My parents raised me better than that.
review
Records Management (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 14, 2019
Typical day doing records management was processing all in bound requests from doctor offices, insurance companies, and patients. Also did the scanning for the entire practice.
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 14, 2019
I wouldn't recommend this company w/ the management they have. There is no typical day w/ the short staff and the passing around of job duties from one individual to another. Great doctors, poor management.
Great crew
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 20, 2018
My time at gastro was good. I worked with the best nurses and technicians, the business office manager was fantastic as was HR. Top management did need improvement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Newer building, parking, nice lunch room
HIM Clerk (Contract/Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 15, 2018
Office culture is cut throat. Managers do not listen to their staff.
No room for improvement unless your in with the in crowd. Very high school mentality. Pay is ok. good parking.
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
No advancement, managers are horrible, no training.
Stressfull environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 27, 2018
To much work for to little employees. Staff does not stay long.

Have to self train, as most employees are new

Hardest part of the job is getting all the work that is needed to do done.

Most enjoyable part of the job, is helping patients
Poorly run by non-compassionte few
Non essential (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 29, 2017
Safe yourself stress,anxiety and near
70 percent turnover. Company allows a few poorly educated people to run a company with patients waiting long times for appointments and multiple errors in the mix.
Pros
Great doctors and nurses
Cons
Ling waits, errors in schedulng, unavailabe management.
Good place to work at
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 13, 2017
Good place to work at just stressful when speaking to patients. Long work drive and especially on the ride home. I am wanting earlier work hours and more challenging work.
Pros
great staff
Cons
patinets are demanding
Medical assisting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 4, 2017
I worked for 1 of 8 physicians in this group practice. Very progressive group, busy, utilized my skills, assisted with patients, scheduled tests/appts.
Portland Gastro
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 9, 2016
Great company with a great mission - to diagnose gastrointestinal disorders, treat people, and pursue timely colon cancer screenings. Unfortunately, there is too little room for advancement and growth in the company.
Great employer, with supportive work environment
PSR (Current Employee) –  Portland MaineSeptember 27, 2015
When I started with this company there was a lot of changes going on. They had launched a call center 6 months prior. I have had a great deal of learning team work and working close with co-workers getting protocols for new workflows. I have gone from being very independent worker to learning asking for help when needed. I've learned to think about the big picture and how to go looking at the small picture to coming up with ideas, that will overall help progress with the growing economy and amount of patient care that is needed. I have some amazing co-workers the are like a family they help when things in life personally and professionally get rough they also celebrate when goals have been met. We have gone from a small office with less staff to a growing office with a lot of new patients and new jobs.
Extremely poor experience.
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MaineJuly 29, 2014
Punitive environment, poor and non-supportive leadership, emphasis on patient volume and revenue and not patient / family centered. Extremely disappointing.
love my job but dont feel appretiated
Central Scheduler/Temp Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 12, 2013
My day in the call center rotates. Some mornigs i might start out in the Call Center, If so i answer the phone and better help the patient. They may need to cancell or reschedule an appointment, get lab or test results, or maybe just speak to the Doctors Medical Assistant. If thats the case i direct the call to the appropiate place. If im not in the call center then im in Central intake. When in central intake i may sort fax's or make first or second attempt calls and mail letters.
I love the ladys i work with we get along great. I have a new manager and she has been there about 3 months. although at times its hard because she dosnt know the history of the company, but seems nice enough. The hardest part of my job i would say is feeling like i am being treated like a child. I under stand that when a new manager comes in they like to change things, but i feel like every little thig has been taken away from me. i realize work is not a social network but you need a moment here and there forclarity sometimes.
I love helping the patients, when they havebeen waiting to make appointments and i am able to schedule them it makes me happy cause they are happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Portland Gastroenterology Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6