Portrait Innovations Employee Reviews

Horrible Company with No care towards actual Photography skill
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2018
If you want a job that doesnt care if you've touched a camera or not then this is the job for you! If you actually care about taking beautiful pictures and memories for clients, do not work here! If you give your two weeks they will fire you on the spot. They do not know how to schedule correctly
Pros
Good Pay, benefits
Cons
Photo Specials, Horrible Scheduling, bad staffing, unfair management
Very stressful and hustle environment
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Superior, CO 80027July 1, 2018
Very stressful and hustle environment. Mandatory overtime and block out. This company did not provide health benefits but if you are sick and missing your work shift during mandatory overtime you need to provide a note from a doctor and pay for the visit.
Never work here
Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 29, 2018
They do not hire photographers, they hire sales people and if you do not meet your weekly sales goal your job is in danger. Employees cherry pick appointments to get better sales and leave new hires with sessions that will lower their sales average.
Fun and productive work environment.
Part-time photographer and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 21, 2018
Shift started out with a look at the schedule and talking with each other trying to figure out the best way to work the day. Next it was careful planning and maneuvering and seeing which appointments pending on social interaction, which photographer would be best for the job. Then after the day was finished we'd do an even share of cleaning then head home.
great work family
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 20, 2018
I worked in the Johnstown, PA studio and we are recently being shut down. I will say, this was the best job I have ever had and I am so sad to see them leave our town. It didn't feel like a job, it was extremely fun every day with my co-workers of whom i now call family! I looked forward to going to work for once in my life! I will say the part time hours were less than I expected but I was really fighting for full time until we closed. Photography is my passion and if a new location were to ever re open near my area again I will be one of the first applicants! This company has truly taught me more about what I love to do and I am proud to say that I worked for Portrait Innovations!! I will miss it for sure!

- Brittany <3
Pros
smiling faces, seeing the clients reactions to their photo's, pay rate
Cons
low part time hours, possibility of shutting down
Obsolete
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2018
The company organization and culture was chaotic without a clear goal. With the advancement of cell phones and photography it's only a matter of time before everything they're doing at this company is completely obsolete unless they make some major changes.
Pushed upgrades of portrait packages too hard
Studio Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJune 13, 2018
I loved being able to take photographs of babies and families. Unfortunately the company made us book an appointment every 15 minutes. A screaming baby or a family of ten is not going to get done in 15 minutes. We had to do the set amount of poses no matter what the customer asked for.
Pros
Near a bagel shop
Cons
Stressful
Great Workplace
Sales Associate/ Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 18, 2018
A typical work day would include up to shooting 10-15 sessions , I learned how to shoot in manual mode and in a studio setting. My manager was very nice and worked hard for the company. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cranky babies and the most enjoyable part was seeing my customers facial expressions when they saw how great their portraits turned out.
Did not value any employee
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAMay 17, 2018
Standards and requirements were set too far out of our reach. Our quotas were ridiculous for the area. Severely understaffed and irresponsible with hours/scheduling. ignorant of needs of each studio and employee. Did not give raise when promised and gave little to no chance of advancement. Also, breaks were mandatory but not scheduled, so some times during rushes we wouldn't be able to take our break until 11 at night, at which point we just wanted to go home and sleep, but had to stay in the studio for the required hour break. If we didn't take our hour break each day then our hours per week were cut and we were put on probation, causing more stress and load work on manager/coworkers. this would cause a lot of problems with coworkers.
Cut-throat environment, despite what is said up front
Photography Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2018
This is basically a seasonal job. I would NOT recommend this as a career. There is lots of opportunity for overtime during the holidays. Don't expect job security in the slow, summer hours.
Pros
hands-on job, physically active
Cons
job security, work-life balance, virtually no benefits
Slave Drivers
Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2018
A typical day consisted of a room full of children and pregnant women with only two studios, which management would triple book sometimes. I was cheated out of 20 hours of work there, which is illegal. Management was horrible. She wanted to take all the sales for herself and was not trying to help me be successful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with photographing little children. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with older children and babies.
I loved this company... but
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 7, 2018
I had to quit. I was forced into a situation no one was fixing the location I worked at is closed for obvious reasons in my opinion. I can never work for this company again because I quit and it is in their policy. I wish I could work for this company again I know the situation I was in was a odd one and they were between general managers the one that new the situation and did nothing was replaced and the new one had no idea I was being harassed and it got so bad I was in tears at the thought of going to work. I would work for this company again given the opportunity I have moved and there is a different location near by.
Pros
If you love photography and competitive work environment this is for you.
Cons
The management situation I went through was less than positive
Fun place to get experience
Photographer, Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2018
This is a good job to get your feet wet, It will teach you skills about multitasking, customer service and give you experience with working in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
experience
Very easy entry photographer job
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 27, 2018
I played with my camera before but I never was a professional photographer till I joined the team, they help you grow your skill and teach how to use all the equipment.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
non reliable hours
Good place wrong time
Photographer, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 17, 2018
It was a fun place to work and I loved the staff but unfortunately I lived to far for an everyday compute and its not the career choice I'm looking for any longer.
Relaxing and fun environment
Studio Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401April 17, 2018
Slow during summer, overall nice place to work hours are long no weekends off , have to travel at times to different stores,to help out, full service studio that does same day prints , Very high on great customer service
Do. Not. Go. Here. For. A. Job.
Sales Associate/ Photographer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2018
This is by far the WORST company I've ever worked for. When I was hired, I had to send in my resume, cover letter, and new-hire paperwork to the corporate office. I LITERALLY spent OVER 20 bucks to ship it overnight, and when they supposedly "received" my package, they waived the signature that I asked for, so I would have the proof that they got it. Then it took three weeks from the time I was hired to actually START working there. When I got there for my first day, the manager NEVER trained me once. It was another full-time associate who did ALL of the training. If you can EVEN call it that. I barely learned how to use the camera, pretty much figured out how to work the editing program on my own. After being there THREE WEEKS without ANY FORMAL TRAINING whatsoever, the manager pulled me aside and told me that "my performance was extremely low and that it wasn't anywhere that it should've been." She then proceeded to say that, "I would have to learn all of the material overnight, and if I didn't, she would DEMOTE me to part-time." THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS! There was no way I could learn everything she wanted me to in 24 hours.
Pros
hour lunches, getting to work with kids, great pay
Cons
horrible management!, managers do not care about workers
Avoid this company at all cost!
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 14, 2018
Not an enjoyable job at all...very high sales goals demands yet offer customers very cheap special packages (want 120 average offer 25.00 packages. Very lacking upper management and my store manager was an absolute joke...he actually walked out in the middle of holiday rush and was hired back again only to be fired. Upper management left the store to be taken care of by full timers that only had maybe a week of training. Holiday season was crazier then I expected...10 minutes between appointment times and four photographers with two studios...customers waiting hours for scheduled online appointments...and then when the holidays were over they terminated both full time employees and kept one bad part timer and also brought in new management...oh by the way this company also filed for bankruptcy in September 2017...avoid this place like the plague.
Cons
bad
Supervisor/Photographer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 11, 2018
Very high stress job especially during the holidays. It gets emotionally draining being silly for crying kids all day for twelve hours with only an hour break.
Horrible place to work
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIApril 7, 2018
Horrible place to work they treat you like trash. They’re very disrespectful wants you to work 7 days a week begin sick is not Tolerable. They work you to death talk to you crazy at all times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Portrait Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight