PORTSMOUTH CHEVROLET

PORTSMOUTH CHEVROLET Employee Reviews

Some great people..some not so great (operations management)
If Anthony (the owner) wants to make this a great work environment, he needs to look hard at his operations management. The job I applied for was discontinued within the year. Disappointing, since I enjoyed the job.
Pros
Good work environment, monthly employee lunches, liked the owner, good guy
Cons
operations management impersonal, self-absorbed
A typical day at work
On a daily basis email is retrieved and data is collected for all the entities payroll. Process payroll and submit to print reports. Very much a self motivated job.

Assist with Human Resource tasks as needed.
wonderful atmosphere, easy hours
a typical day was organizing paperwork, greeting customers, and entering in receipts into the computer system. management was always to delightful to work with and working within the building was beautiful.the hardest part of the job was when the day got slow and i had finished my duties early. keeping busy on those days were slightly difficult, but also a little relaxing compared to when it was busy.
Pros
tv, air conditioning
Cons
wasnt able to stay long enough; had to move away to school.
Poor Work Environment, Even poorer managment
This role required knowledge of Windows Servers, Networking, Windows XP and 7, Cisco VOIP, Cisco switches, VLANs, ADP Car Dealer Software, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer as a web platform for multiple applications, Active Directory and much more.

A typical day at work was running from site to site putting out fires and dealing with unhappy users that hadn't had an IT person in house in 4 years. As soon as the new "welcome to the company" wore off and I became the new face of IT everyone was angry with me and would make snide rude remarks about how their equipment didn't work and when were they going to get a new PC. Typical Server or PC at this company was 8-10 years old. Needless to say after a few months it wasn't much fun to be at the company because of such a negative stressful working environment.

The upper management was so penny wise pound foolish all their networking, server, VOIP system and PC workstations where falling apart. It took an average of 3 weeks usually to get a person a new computer usually longer because the management didn't want to buy anything. They would then blame me for their people not being able to work. We would go round and round and finally they would buy a computer for the person. This stingy nature also showed forth in compensation. This role and the expertise required really should have been divided between 2 full time IT staff. The management does its best to pay their employees as little as possible with little to no merit increases no matter how long you work there or how hard you work. I know this from talking to veterans of
 - more...
Pros
I learned a lot despite the working environment
Cons
Management was clueless
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PORTSMOUTH CHEVROLET?
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PORTSMOUTH CHEVROLET. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8