POS Portal Employee Reviews

company cut everyones pay and raised health coverage from free to whatever you chose.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 6, 2018
they were okay at first until the pay cut and rose the health cover payment. no drug test before termination. they gave me no drug test before my termination, management was rude. other than that, free lunches, relaxed place.
Pros
free lunch, relaxed.
Cons
health care and pay cut.
great place to work
Picker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2017
The job was not hard at all. It was just a temporary job. I need to work a full time job that is permanent. This would have been great except I would really love to work in the field that I went to school for.
Great Starting Place
P2 Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2017
I currently work a Support for their Salesforce CRM software P2. I deal daily with a portfolio of clients troubleshooting issues, configuring Salesforce, and fulfilling custom development requests.
Fairly laid back environment, free lunch every Tuesday and several happy hours. My manager is very good about communication and checking bi-weekly to ensure I don't need assistance to address any issues that may be occurring.
The only complaint is the cliques that occur. IT and development are somewhat outcast and the Sales department is very fussy.
Overall the culture is good as long as you avoid the sales department
Pros
Free Lunch, good benefits
Cons
Cliques, somewhat pushy higher management
na
Client Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2017
This company was really laid back and cool. Family environment. I would absolutely work for them again. I left because I was temp and got an opportunity to be permanent at Humana. I wish I had stayed.
Easy Job
Download Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work. Pretty easy job. Small company with no real room to advance. Decent health insurance. Not much in the way of time off or vacation. Easy going management.
Pros
Lots of activities for employee appreciation, great local management
Cons
Corporate management not very friendly, difficult like balance with hours, small staff so 2 calls out can mess up the work day
A clique for management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 5, 2017
Good luck unless you get into the inner circle with the management team who are all friends and only listen to each other. It seems great on the outside but quickly realized how mismanaged it was and how who you know gets you somewhere. Few times they were caught fudging facts to clients.
Cons
Executive management team
Fun Place to work with postive Company culture
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 22, 2017
The Company culture is very postie with a emphases on taking care of its employees needs. the hours are plentiful and over time fair. Management is kind and understanding but chain of command and communication can be some what disorganized and disjointed.
Great work place
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 25, 2016
I loved working here, the hours wasn't that great. The management was awesome. I loved all of my co-workers. I learned how to check and pack orders. How to work a credit card machine.
Pros
Free lunch every friday
Great Place to Work!
Jr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2016
Full of the some of the smartest and hardworking people you'll ever be around. Fast paced and dedicated to excellence is the credo here.

I truly valued my 10 years of working with this company and had it not been for moving my family out of state I would have still been there.

Great execs here and they intend on leading the company to greater heights.

Can't say it enough...it's a great place to work.
Pros
All kinds
Cons
No remote work, facilities only in CA and KY, need facility in AZ
P.O.S. Portal is a very good place to work
SR. AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2016
Working at P.O.S. Portal is nice. The people can be good and the work is challenging. P.O.S. Portal tries to take care of their employees however there is a very high turn over rate.
we have two tvs and a coffee machine
SENIOR MATERAIL CONTROL ASSOC COLLATRAL (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2016
I love this job because no one looks over your shoulder. we know what to do and they trust us to do the best job for the company. they have bingo at work on wed they even have employee of the month parking. the boss are very helpful with any problem, you may have
Pros
free lunch on friday have united healthcare insurance
Work nearly 70 hours a week
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 13, 2015
Company is expanding (a good thing, right?), but not hiring enough staff to do it. Since July, warehouse associates are working 12 hours a day Monday thru Friday, and only 8 hours on Saturday. Management brought customer service reps from HQ to help, but most only seemed to be worried about their customer's orders still not shipped, plus they have no clue how to work in a warehouse environment. Management bottlenecks production due to serving its biggest customers or projects but wonders why orders are not shipping out on time. Very fast paced environment like a mouse on wheel.
Pros
They buy lunch
Cons
Expect to work 12 hours a day
Stay away from this place! Louisville operation center.
Equipment picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 12, 2015
I worked in the Louisville warehouse and I must say that it was ran like a sweat shop. I was lied to first off about what hours I would be working. I was scheduled 10:30 to 7 and was told on my first day that we would be working 10 to 10 until further notice. I eventually found out from a fellow employee that they were originally working 14 to 15 hour days. Then I started to notice that most employees were only taking their lunch breaks and not their regularly scheduled 10 minute breaks that are supposed to be taken every 4 hours. When you did take your breaks, the vice president of operations and management were constantly coming into the break room to see who was in there. On my first day, someone was let go after a few weeks for supposedly talking too much. He was a good worker and kept busy helping everyone while also making it a fun atmosphere to be in. The one positive thing I will say is that all of my fellow associates were easy to get along with and very helpful with any problems you may have had. Most of them had only been in the department for a few weeks and were only hired on as temps. I only worked for the company for a week and saw so many people let go for ridiculous reasons, such as being too slow on their first week of employment. I consider myself a very hard working individual and stay very professional at work. I felt like upper management was constantly keeping an eye on people for no reason at all. My department had actually been excelling at digging into the massive back log that this place had. I urge anyone who may be applying to save yourself some  more... grief and stay away from this place. They lure you in with the promise of good culture, good pay, and good benefits. Only the good pay applies, but you won't be able to get any benefits from this as they don't keep anybody hired on for very long.  less
Pros
Fellow associates, pay
Cons
Upper management, ridiculous hours, lack of proper break times, no culture.
management sucked
shipping (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caSeptember 10, 2015
played sports during break everyday. supervisor took it personal when our team was beating their team constantly. challenged me for one on one basketball for lunch. I won. then got sick a few days later with doctors not. told me not to come back to work.
Pros
overall people are good there just a few bad apples
Cons
management
Easy place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2015
Usually temp to hire. Start with cleaning and organize individually then move your way up. Must be able to work quickly and work as a team.
Company has a lot of potential, great energy, great people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2015
I had previously worked as an Account Manager for six years before taking a position with P.O.S. Portal in their Client Services dept. I started working there under and with former peers. Documentation was poor as there were not a lot of written procedures, learning and training was on the fly, and the workload seemed manageable, but would require additional hours. The account portfolio grew, resulting in additional accounts being added. The workload continued to grow and the balance of work and quality of life shifted. The peers were great, and I met some incredible people. I enjoyed the accounts and the work, but at the sacrifice to my family.
I learned quite a bit in regards to systems, data flow, and billing. Tasked with creating a manual monthly billing file through excel and reconciling it;was not a good fit and became the most time consuming and hardest activity in the dept. Learning about the company, the accounts, and how to support them through the day to day activities is painful and hands on.
Most enjoyable were the people and the collaboration. I'd work again with a designated few at any company in the future.
Pros
Great people and clients
Cons
Workload and lack of procedures and documentation
I enjoyed my co-workers
SR. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 15, 2015
I worked with multiple clients providing reports and making sure they were satisfied with our products and services. I spent a lot of time in client meetings.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Little too much office politics
Positive work area, team members are positive and eager to help when needed
Lease Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Typical day go in every one you pass says Good Morning, clock in review all emails for any incoming assignments. Make a few phone calls to request for documents needed etc. Learned a few things needed in order to have lease application sent to underwriter. Management was always available in which I learned a lot from. Co workers were like family. The hardest thing about the job is when potential lease applicants do not follow up in a timely manner, The most enjoyable part of the job is when the applicant has been approved and you can actually hear their excitement through the phone or even through email.
Pros
Free Smoothies and Awesome Health Care
Cons
N/a
Good Work Environment
Software Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2014
Overall POS Portal is a great place to work. Good people, good leadership, and fun environment.