Post Acute Medical Employee Reviews

Aproductive and fun workplace.
MAINTENANCE TECH 1 (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 16, 2019
all the staff is friendly and courteous to everyone. The management is top notch and very professional. They balance work and life equally and maintain an ethical compliance work environment as well as a secure property.
Much improvement needed
Director of Food Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 9, 2019
Lack of commorodary between corporate and upper management and regular staff; you are expendable with no feeling of long term job security. High employee turn over rate.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Poor corporate support
Great place for new nurse
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAMarch 7, 2019
This place is very fast paced and quite challenging at times. If you are an LPN looking for hands on patient care this is the best place to be. Nurses are able to be Independent and work with a team. The learning experience is limitless. There is some mess with employees, but that's everywhere you go. As long as you remember what your there for and worry about yourself and your patients its great. Management is firm but very professional.
Pros
Pay rate, lots of hours available
Cons
Pt acuity, no EMR all paper
Amazing company to work at!
Management (Current Employee) –  Enola, PAFebruary 22, 2019
Everyone in the company in naturally friendly, helpful and amazing. They will drop everything just to help you if you have a question. This company has an amazing work environment. The teamwork is amazing! Everyone works hard and is just so fun and friendly!
Pros
Corp office has access to box office tickets to Giant Center
Cons
Don't send a loved one without personal supervision
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Mission is NOT patient care, it's about keeping the beds filled, poor mgmt., falsifying documentation is encouraged for procedures not being performed
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
understaffed, trade your conscience for a bonus
The job was great because of the team that I worked with
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXFebruary 15, 2019
I was fired because of a verbal confrontation with a Gonzales EMS worker who disrespected me and our hospital culture. I stood up to him, but my bevior was deemed unprofessional
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor administration
free breakfast for all employes every friday.
Certified Nurse Assistant - C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2019
s.tarted out in the kitchen moved to the floor as a cna there where days we were short staffed we would make it work team work is a big thing in a company.
Pros
good medical benfits
Cons
short staffed always had 10 to 20 patients long days.
Good place to work and good team envoronment
Unit Clerk/Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Great place to work with good benefits. I always learn new things at new positions and am sorry that they are closing this location as I enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Cons
lack of personnel
Good Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Good Place to work ,fast paced, good employees, good bosses, easy going, structured, good pay, good location, good benefits,good leadership, good employees
Pros
Boss
Cons
Job availaability
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked here for about 10 months as a LPN prior to getting my RN. It was a very fast paced environment but I love to stay busy! The skills I learned here I have taken with me to my current job. Brooke was right: If you work here for a while you will be able to do circles around nurses on other units!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
a lot of admits and discharges
Workers who are here for the right reasons!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 4, 2019
I've worked at several hospitals where employees strive to succeed ONLY for recognition and/or for a promotion. At Post Acute in Hammond everyone strives to deliver great care because they really believe in providing the best care to patients in the community. All the departments work together and nurses are solicited for their input before new processes are put in place. Team work is great. I'm proud to say I work at Post Acute in Hammond!
Pros
happy work environment, not punitive
Cons
short breaks but that's just nursing in general
Great Work Environment
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 2, 2019
Post Acute Hammond is one of the best companies I have worked for in a long time. Great pay and benefits. The staff is very helpful and the directors are amazing.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Fast paced
Great Management Team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 1, 2019
The management team at PAM Hammond are top notch. They truly care about the employees and patients. Pay is great, and very flexible with requesting time off. I recommend working for this wonderful great group of people and company!
Cohesive team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 1, 2019
Progressive company that always puts patients first. They value their employees. It is a busy work environment and they have high expectations. Management is open to new ideas and is concerned for the safety of the patients and employees.
Pros
Great team and benefits
Cons
Busy work enviornment
Catty company making catty employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 30, 2019
This is a sub-par company to work for. I wouldn't place a family member in this LTAC knowing who would be taking care of them. Do your homework before letting your family stay.
Pros
My family isn't in the building
Cons
extreme cattiness among everyone
Work very hard
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Hales Corner, MEJanuary 20, 2019
2 reviews need to get better at staffing for myself I love love to do back but my patients are not getting the care they really need because of staffing issues
Horrible, hostile, punitive, demeaning
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedJanuary 17, 2019
One of the worst corporations I have ever worked for. I have worked for smaller companies and much larger companies and been treated both better and worse. You expect poorly executed treatment of employees, whether it be good or bad, at smaller and newly developed companies but not from one of this size. From the COO down to the facility management, I have never witnessed such a lack of respect and common decency. Threats and verbal abuse are not the way to motive employees.
Pros
Maybe the Salary, but it does not make the poor treatment worth it.
Cons
Management, quality, poor choices as it relates to internal promotion, allowable/accepted and expected verbal/mental abuse of employees
Great place for skills building
LVN (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to get experience. Could be more pro nursing though. Nursing does a lot and gets little recognition. Communication struggles here. Co-workers are amazing and strong nurses.
Nice facility
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Post acute has some really great employees. Many I have come to call my friends. Their smiling faces motivates me to get to work each day. It really makes a difference in the people you have the pleasure of working with on a daily basis.
Pros
great people
Cons
location
Love PAM in Kyle!
Human Resource Director (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I’m just wondering where PAM has been all my life, it’s a dream job for me! The CEO is one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met and genuinely invested in his team. I love that he really takes the time to tell you what a great job you are doing! I have really grown to love the team I work with, from the department heads, to nursing, EVS, therapist, dietary, etc. Just a very well-rounded group and a collaborative and fun culture. There is good support not only locally but also from regional supervisor and corporate staff as well. They really allow us to make decisions at the hospital level without micromanaging us. It’s so refreshing to want to come to work every day!!
Pros
Transparency, fantastic work/life balance, fun culture that starts from the top
Cons
Absolutely none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Acute Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight