Post Acute Medical
2.7

Post Acute Medical Employee Reviews

United States251 reviews
Punitive Company Filled with Unethical Bullies
Corporate leadership comes into the hospitals and bullies people. The CEO of our hospital is completely clueless about all things medical and is a complete jerk. The staff working the floor bust their humps everyday. The expectations of working here are absolutely unrealistic at best. Dangerous staffing levels across the board. The most enjoyable part of the job is the clinical staff, they are supportive and a great team. Loved the CNO we had, before she left. Wish they had done more to try to keep her.
fun place to work with free refreshments for all staff!
No time to relax always something going on . Patients being dishcharged , patients being admitted, labs being picked up .. Breakfast lunch and dinner being served.. call bells rings , Physical therapy has in /out patients gyms full, and the phone is ringing Radiology and Dialysis are in the house .. hardest part is how to prioritize most enjoyable is getting thru it!!!
Strong employee and service focus
Fast paced, challenging, work environment. Payroll team is very small, which leads to agility and good team work, but also results in heavy workloads. A great employer.
Stay away!
Poor management in the department that I was in. The director was pretty much a lunatic, if you had something you needed to take care of out of work... GOOD LUCK, no balance between work and home life. Hardly any lunch breaks, if you did get them.. they were 5-10 mins long with a 9-12 hour day. I walked out of there crying everyday. Y’all, STAY AWAY.
Excellent Company to work for
If I had to do it again, I would...this job was one of the best jobs that I have held. they worked with my schedule and was able to be there as if they were my family. very understanding and have great pay. if you need more hours, they are willing to give them to you
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
To old to deal with clicks
Management is unprofessional, there is no teamwork among therapist or therapist<>nursing/cnas. Gossip and rumors is about all they care about. PTA new grad sitting 90% of day not helping or seeing pts yet gets paid as if they have.
Company is morally bankrupt
My (previous) location was acquired 5 months ago by PAM, and the company is severely lacking in knowledge of LTACHs. They are only interested in money and the staffing results in unsafe working environments. There is no support from leadership and corporate clinical support is clueless. I was excited to work at this place and my energy was squelched by the poor management. I would never let a family member be cared for at any PAM facility - their ethics are substandard. DO NOT WORK HERE, it's a SINKING SHIP!
I enjoyed my time here
At times there was a bit of lack of communication, but overall the employees really wanted to see patients improve and it showed. Good environment to work in.
Management is great
The advancement opportunities are there to those that put forth the effort. Management while highly driven is supportive and focused. The days can be long but, they can also be fun and challenging.
Management is no existing
PAM needs new leadership but the support staff is awesome pt and ot are great the nursing staff needs a little work more support staff but all in all it was a pretty good experience
Run
This is not a very diverse place to work. Very click like high school bully environment. Rules only apply to certain people yes that type of work environment. Very few nurses with the skill set to take care of the patients nurses don’t even know how to suction. Pass the buck type of work place. No accountability. Paper charting old equipment. Patients stay forever I mean forever try a year. You won’t advance unless you are a friend or a friend of a friend. Racial slurs and inappropriate talk allowed, aggressive behavior is acceptable I will stop there
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Ltach only after the money
Run
Untrained management. Stupid nurse ratios, highly unsafe, easily prevented deaths if nurse ratios were safe. Employees constantly complaining and management doesnt care. Gives priority or VIP status to abusive patients. All paper charting with needless forms being added weekly . Management duties passed on to nurses. Employees constantly throwing each other under the bus. Old night shift charge nurse straight abusive and unprofessional. All current nurses looking for new jobs.
Run, run as fast as you can!!
Do not work for this company. Do not trust this company or their upper management. This was the #1 worst job experience of my life. They value only their financials; human capital is disposable. Patient care appeared to be negotiable. No matter the horrible shape of your department when you walk in the door, the expectation is that you will perform to the financial metrics week one with no leg to stand on. You will not be given any time for process change. You will not get any training, support, or information. You will be dumped into a very negative, toxic culture and left to navigate how to do your job, how to access your data, how to complete your necessary reporting, and what PAM's policies are on your own; all likely with no computer, no desk and no office. They told me to get all of that ordered myself, and then I learned that the process for that was over one month long. One month in, and I was still operating in someone else's office from a lunch tray and one manila folder. Upper management completely lacks leadership skills or the ability/time to invest in their employees to help them do their job and get off to a good start. You will be sent down the river with no paddle and a hole in your boat. It was a fully horrific nightmare of an experience, and quite traumatizing, as I have had a very successful career for many years up until this job.
Took a pay cut leaving one job. Thinking I could grow. Boy was I wrong
I was lied to about my salary. The dietary director doesn’t have a clue. On how to run a team. I could go on and on. Don’t waste your time dealing with this company.
Horrible! Hostile! A Safe Harbor Nightmare!
A typical day at work is walking into either a freezer or a furnace depending on the season. Freezing if it is winter. The building is in disarray. Temporary A/Cs vented in from the ceiling and sitting on the floor. ceiling tiles falling down along with the large vented hoses. Evening shift has to empty the water condensation tanks. No hot water in the rooms. The sewer bubbles up in the shower drain. Toilets don't flush. Med room is a freezer! The unit/Hospital is the only occupants of the entire building. Transient/homeless come in and out of the building and sometimes stay in the empty floors/rooms. You as an employee have to park on the 3 floor and above in the parking garage or you will be towed.
Taking report from a nurse with an attitude. Taking 4-7 patients,(vent, trach, critical drips). If you are taking 4-5 patients, you will probably get an admission. You will have no help - it is every man for himself!

A Safe Harbor Nightmare!

Management is non-existent. When signing on, you are a work machine. No work-life balance, they OWN you. They will schedule you to work all night and then go to class till 5 pm the next day.

The culture is very hostile, and that includes management. I have never worked, in all my years as a nurse, for such a horrible place.

Training is mediocre at best. Hostile would be more appropriate. They don't have time to train you. They don't want to train you.

Upon receiving my resignation letter, Manager never responded. The mentality is "They come and they go. There will be another to replace you."

They then changed my schedule on my
 - more...
excellent facility in care of patients
great team environment at the time I was employed there. However being a new facility there were kinks in management which is normal with a start up. Day staff worked well together meeting needs of patients in care and comfort.
Job satisfaction
In general I am very happy with Post Acute the only thing I disagree with is respiratory therapist having to do the nurses blood draws.
Seems to be a fairly Stable company that is expanding.
Hospital closed
The facility i worked for was unfortunately closed. When it was up and running it was an enjoyable workplace. Pleasent atmosphere. Employees were generally happy.
Learned alot
I learned a lot working there using a lot of skills a lot of very sick patients a lot of good nurses working there not sure how it is now at this time
Good people with a lot of work and great experience in medical field
Health benefits are very expensive, very educational, but pay on the lower end of the scale. Have a lot of work and expect the best out of a individual.
Pros
free drinks, friendly staff
Cons
healthcare, low pay
Only take a job here if you are desperate
The management and CEO are absolutely awful. Not only are they very bad at their jobs but are terrible people in general and speak so disrespectfully to the physicians, staff, and everyone else. It is quite embarrassing. Some nurses are good, some terrifying in their incompetence. There is basically 0 education opportunities and the nursing management could pretty much careless. there is a reason they have a high turnover rate in employees!!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Acute Medical. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight