Post Acute Medical Employee Reviews

Avoid this place at all cost
LPN (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2018
Very high rate of employee turn over. 4 directors of nurses, 2 nurse managers, 3 CEO's, 2 Human resource representatives, 2 maintenance managers, and many very competent nursing staff, all terminated and walked out of the hospital in the 1.5 yrs. I was employed here. Myself, I had never been written up or called into human resources. One week ago I was called in to human resources and told that I was being terminated because some staff complained about how I spoke to them. There was no progressive discipline, and I was not told anything further, and they didn't want to hear anything I had to say. I have a 12 year history of being employed with the same employer in an inpatient mental health setting, prior to being employed here. My previous employer had about 4 in-services a year related to communication, and I had never been talked to about my communication skills at my previous employment. Administration does not adhere to their own policies and procedures.
Pros
co-workers, compensation is fair
Cons
Administation does not adhere to their own policies and procedures
Excellent Workplace
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 26, 2018
The company does its best to provide a great work experience where I am able to focus on my patients. One of the cons is that everything is done via paper, rather than computer which makes charting longer than is should be.
Horrible workplace. Unethical and bad patient care!!!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TX 75501November 25, 2018
Management is for themselves. These people have poor people skills, the nurses are lazy. They lack empathy, and is a very unethical place to work. They exhibit bad behavior, bad patient care and lie to the patients and families.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unethical, lacks empathy, and bad patient care.
Use to be a great place- micro managed unsafe
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 24, 2018
Run away as fast as you can! I worked at post acute for yrs .Use to be A great place to work ..Now 'not so much!' . No way to advance in your carrer . The / administator even admits to lying to staff about hiring someone more qualififed in upper postions. They want to hire outside and some one with no experiece. Covingtons campus has been through 3 RT managers in 2 yrs ..THAT SAYS ALOT FOR ITSELF .NOW , Only works one therapist to 30 plus patients. Very unsafe!. Certified RT manger from hammond is very sneaky and lazy. Rns turn over rate very high. I say move on where compassion and caring for patients is number one. Where they care about you!!
Cons
NO BREAKS who has time?? nurses most the time total care Rts to help.
Unsupportive and Understaffed
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 13, 2018
This place will forever be in my memories as the worst administrative ran place I have ever worked at. Position was offered, no education ever provided or any steady mentor. When a CNO was constructed it was pulled from a position that was already overworked. CNO was only worried about her duties and unable to provide any time to any nursing duties or professional respect to co-workers. Working there was like ensuring you were always covering your butt to have a job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work Life balance
Terrible communication w direct leadership
Clinical Navigator (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 5, 2018
I was “let go” for no reason during my first 90 days. The only excuse was “I didn’t mesh well w the team”. This was completely false, as I was doing an incredible job (w proof) & my team looked to me for leadership advise. I was the 2nd person fired in a week wo a concrete reason. No warning was given.
Pros
Pay was good, good hours and benefits
Cons
Leadership was terrible and communication was non-existent
Horrible place to work
Leaving as quick as I can (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 6, 2018
All direction comes from the top and expectations are not realistic- these two things lead to regular patient dissatisfaction. Employees quit daily. Many are found sleeping in empty patient rooms, or even putting out of order signs in bathrooms to avoid working. I wouldn’t recommend working here turn over is extremely high - Corp culture blames everyone but themselves.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Work life balance is non existent
leadership very poor
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2018
I have reached out to her many times with no response. leadership very poor. no accountability for pt complaints. no accountability for staff concerns.
Pros
Cons
many
Patient Care
RN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TX 75901September 18, 2018
Assignments were not balanced according to acuity of patients. Nurse may be required to care for a minimum of 5 extremely acutely ill patients.Overall organization of the unit medication sytem was extremely poor, takes 1-2 1/2 hours to just gather medications to administer to patients. Company failed to have policy and procedures established prior to opening unit. Preceptor was knowledgeable regarding patient care but not in student/preceptor interactions. Preceptor had poor ability to allow independent growth of employee. Poor communicatioin of senior management with staff...poor management/staff interaction except with charge nurses and supervisors. Management failed to identify required needs to meet requirements for permanent employment while in orientation and refused to identify any deficiency or allow time to meet their expectations or allow employees to correct deficiencies.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Too much expected for the acuity level of patients
Overall I would recommend this employer
Charge Nurse/Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 12, 2018
I went from Lvn to rn with this employer. The pay increase was was fair and the management in this facility were also fair. It is long hours and some changes have recently been made but overall a good place to work.
Not a very culture friendly place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXAugust 24, 2018
I put in for a fulltime position & also wanted to put in for a job that I had a degree for while I was working there & I was totally looked over not once but twice.
Pros
They have PRN, free meals
Cons
No promotion within facility opportunities
Very toxic work environment. No training. But they expect you to perform as if youve been trained.
Clinical Navigator (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 11, 2018
Run from this place. The DSI lies and creates a toxic work environment. She pushes her power around and spends most of her day bragging about herself. This company doesn't train you... but expects you to perform as if you've been trained. You work at home almost every night without pay or compensation. They expect this job to be your entire life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic work environment
high stress
Clinical Navigator (Current Employee) –  Enola, PAAugust 2, 2018
Very stressful. lack of appreciation for all the time put in to make company successful. no training or help when needed. totally on your own. wouldn't recommend.
Pros
salary
Cons
lack of appreciation
Don't work there or place a love one there
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 25, 2018
It is a horrible place to work for. Upper management does not care about you . They do not recognize the hard work we do. They get big bonuses and we get a book bag, lunch bag or a cup.They need to close that place . I would not recommend that place to work or to have a love one place in there also. One good thing about the place is all the nurses and aides get along well. There is so much wrong with that place
Pros
Nurses and aides are wonderful
Cons
Lack of proper support and system structure from corporate leadership for Food Services.
Director of Food Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74133July 9, 2018
Being part of a brand new start up was exciting, but the lack if a corporate representative for Food Services was not known until after the hiring process. This presented many additional unnecessary challenges for the success of the department.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Incomplete corporate structure.
Good staff including PT,OT, SP.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Nurse/patient ratio too low. Work load for nursing staff too high causing fatigue, frustration. High turnover for nurses. Very little information/training from corporate passed on to staff.
Pros
Great facility
Cons
Not enough staff. Supervisors with little or no training in leadership.
Communication key element for all staff members
RN, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2018
Management style promoted growth, fostered growth and development . Open door policy. Quick answers for matters of concern. Great Co-Workers always doing the right thing.
Work Environment
Clinical Navigator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 16, 2018
No Training provided - just thrown in the market and told to get patients. Micromanaged every minute of the day. Too much busywork and back and forth communication unable to do the job. Backstabbing and Toxic. No Team concept - Management lacks experience in role and doesn’t lead!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic work environment
Great organization
Corporate Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Enola, PAJune 15, 2018
Opportunities to travel and grow with the company. I was promoted from within and that set the precedent for others to follow. Like any company, there are challenges, but for the most part i enjoyed working for this organization.
Worst place I ever worked in my life
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 12, 2018
The work/job: ok when can get them to spend money to repair things
Learned:DON'T TRUST anyone
Management:CEO fine,all else terrible
Hardest part was all the backstabbing,never taking care of employee issues,extreme drama
Pros
willingness of CEO
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Acute Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight