Post Consumer Brands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Cut-throat
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTJuly 16, 2018
Worse than high school ever was. If you arent liked for any reason, like being the pretty girl or ugly girl,they will start rumors and literally try to push you out the door.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Health insurance was out of control
It wasn't a great experience
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 23, 2018
The management was poor and very low maintenance. The few guys who did know what they were doing didn't care for their job since the company had tranferred ownership and they'd lost much of their pay and job security. For us summer help, we were promised 15 dollars an hour, but due to staffing agencies we were robbed blind of 3 of those dollars.
Has the potential for excellence
Packaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 22, 2018
The hours are long, but the work is good. Training needs a lot of improvement on. There is no real company standard for training so long time employees do the best they can to get new hires up to speed.
Great Place to Work, Growing Company
Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 11, 2018
I find being relatively new to PCB that the production teams are great to work with. The plant has a family atmosphere because so many people have worked here for a long time. People are genuine, and will speak their minds, which I love!

The plant offers competitive wages for this area, many perks, including free cereal! The company culture is nice compared to other big companies where I have worked previously.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits, Team, Culture
Cons
Northfield is a little bit of a sleepy town, not a ton to offer.
Sr. Associate Brand Manager, Kid and Value Brands (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 18, 2018
Competitive and fast-paced environment. Culture was good, cross-functional teams worked well together. Great experience with ability to work on compelling marketing campaigns, new product innovation and packaging project.
Would not recommend Post Consumer Brands
Packaging Team Member/Operator (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTMarch 15, 2018
When I started it was called Malt-O-Meal. It was a great company to work for when I started. Significant changes started to happen with work schedule, work load, significant loss of benefits, and increased mandatory overtime. Management was very poor! There was a lack of leadership on my team. The team lead was not qualified for her job. I was passed up on several advancements for employees that had quit the company and then come back. I was more than qualified for the positions.
Pros
pay
Cons
management, schedule
Good people to work with, poor advancement without degrees
Sanitation Technician/Production/Quality Backup (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 13, 2018
Hardest part of working here was the negative attitudes on the floor. Mainly due to the changes from Malt-O-Meal to Post consumer Brands and Management is driven hard to meet sometimes impossible goals.
A lot of personal perks like company picnics or gatherings of employees outside of work are no longer part of what made this a great place to work and helped with the bonding of team work.
Worse thing - no advancement without the degree, even if work experience is high enough to qualify they don't take it into consideration. (this is why I spread my wings elsewhere)
Best thing about job was my last boss, the people I directly worked with and my semi flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule and people I worked with, all one team concept
Cons
No chance for advancement with out specific degree
Post expects you to put your life on hold
Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 26, 2017
The pay is good but not worth it to me. When I started I was told I would work every other weekend at most and if I did not want to work that weekend there were plenty of people willing to cover for me. We have worked almost every weekend since I have started and no one is willing to cover the weekend supervisor on 3rd shift. We also do not get much notice if we have to work the weekend which makes it impossible to plan anything with my family. This company preaches a work life balance but does not provide one. They expect you to put your life on hold and live at your job.
A great manufacturing experience!
R&D Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNOctober 20, 2017
With a high level of expertise in the team, one can expect to learn a lot. Also, working cross-functionally is a huge plus.
The work is very challenging and you get to be have a lot of say in the team.
Post has gone down the toilet.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 6, 2017
Post was an exceptional place to work until the acquisition of Malt o Meal. Management is unreliable, undependable, and dishonest. What once was a place to do great things is now simply a way to pay the bills.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Management and the 2-2-3 schedule
A great place to do great work - until 2013.....
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2017
There was no typical work day during my time at Malt-O-Meal. I was able to learn and grow on the job while I went after new business or expanded existing customers. The workplace culture was people driven. The most enjoyable part of my job was being out in the market talking about Malt-O-Meal with new consumers in the aisle. Until my last sales campaign with Malt-O-Meal we always took a long view on promotional programing which was not typical of the bigger players with bigger pockets. Selling the lower unit price on everyday retails verse selling a deep discount on promoted brand.
Pros
Work in a large territory, Lots of crossfunctiuonal interaction
Cons
Title and compensation did not grow at the same rate as responsibitlites.
Three paid brakes
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 1, 2017
My day started at 5 p.m. I would come in an check inventory to make sure I had all the thing I need for the night. I then used the forklift to load 1500 lb bags of oats into the machine along with furits, flavor.
Pros
Paid breaks, overtime
Cons
third sift
Twelve hour schedule with mandatory overtime.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 1, 2017
Did not appreciate 12 hour schedule with mandatory overtime, especially on night shift. Stark contrast from when the company was held by Mom's Brands.
Great company to work for
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 11, 2017
Great company to work for, providing good benefits in a pleasant work environment. The people are friendly and easy to work with. Management could be more transparent, information is not communicated effectively.
Pros
Good benefits and work environment
Cons
Work a lot of overtime and usually 7 days a week.
it was a good place to work
B Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Ansgar, IAApril 7, 2017
its a good place to work i worked on nighth shift so there when-rt alot of people but my coworkers where all helpful and worked well with everyone and made for a good night at work its a little boring but it can be ruff when the machines are not running right
Pros
you get to bring home 3 boxs of oat meal when you work
Great Culture and company to get started with
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNApril 5, 2017
I worked there for quite a few years out of college, I can't speak for Post but Malt-O-Meal has a great culture and good management. The one area was I felt like I peaked out and there wasn't a good direction path for me from the lab since they wont let you go from testing to Scientist, so you reach a plateau where they won't let you go further from there.
Pros
Overall great environment and culture to work at
Cons
Needs better career paths for developing engineers and technicians
Fast tactical execution is highly-valued, not strategy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 27, 2017
Safety is first at this company. A good place for working parents as there is a lot of flexibility and work-life balance. You can work from home if needed planned or in an emergency

The location is south of the metro area and the office building has no bells or whistles: no cafeteria, no restaurants near, no fancy furniture, no art on walls, no gym.

If you are a strategic thinker who likes to analyze data, gather information, develop a plan for action and a plan for measurement, briefing and debriefing: this is not a place for you. The company values "getting things done fast" over anything else. A sales-first organization with a family-friendly environment.

Leadership is conservative and most employees are over 30 with kids and live around the area. Everyone knows each other on a first-name basis.
Pros
Great work-life balance and family-friendly environment
Cons
No time for strategy or planning
Great Place to Work
Quality Food Safety Manager/Sanitation Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCFebruary 19, 2017
This company cares about it's employees. This is a great place to work. I feel as if they care about my personal goals and provide developmental opportunities. It's a great culture in that we focus on making employees and their input.
Great pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Setup and run machines.
People are great to work with.
Upper management only cares about cost savings.
Ran out of materials constantly.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management
Food Processor (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Nice schedule to work, only 14 days a month. Good people and company to work for. Very interesting to learn how cereal is made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Post Consumer Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight