Postal Mile Employee Reviews

Not a good fit for me
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2019
I was very disappointed in this company. I was told that they paid a salary but when I came in one day to work I was put on 'standby which only pays $40 for the day. It was not in addition to the salary because you show up but they don't have work for you, but minus that one day of pay. When I found a better job they refused to pay the sick/vacation accrued by me which I worked for. They also do not pay full overtime pay, somehow they are able to pay !/2 time which is half of your hourly rate. Some of the vans I drove had bald tires and signal lights that needed replacing. They also force you to use your own personal phone to download their 'apps' to be used for the job. Very unprofessional. It was also very challenging to use the restroom while on route and impossible to take the 1/2 hour 'lunch break' which didn't exist if you wanted to return at a reasonable time. They loaded you a huge route that would take at least 9-10 hours to complete. Rarely did I finish early. Needless to say I couldn't afford to continue working here as the pay was not enough to meet monthly expenses.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
poor treatment of employees
One of the worst jobs I ever was apart of
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 9, 2019
This was a terrible job. They really sell u in the interview. The job is definitely more stressful than how they explain. Management is unorganized, rude and never available. Even if u have a set shift they will change it. They will make u work every weekend if u don’t say anything to them. U constantly get called in even on your days off. Sometimes u come in and there’s no work period cause it’s no routes and u get sent home and wasted your time and gas. Pay is weekly but barely be $400 even when u work a 40 plus hour work week. They literally have u working for nothing. This job pay is nothing close to the cost of living. U can barely pay any bills on this rate of pay. Overworked and underpaid. Wouldn’t suggest anyone to work here
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay, no advancement, rude managers, scattered shifts and hours, unorganized
Decent job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 4, 2019
The pay is good but not much room for advancement. I like working on my own and this job gives me the chance to do that. The days can be long but I only work 4 days a week so it balances itself out.
Dont do it!!!
Dor1 (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 26, 2019
This place needs to be shut down asap the manager dont care about none but herself and her daughter point blank!!!they say you will get off at 530 that's a lie. Packages used to be so packed in the truck you couldn't even get them out. They will call you on your days off and want you to come in as if you dont have a life and will not get off until 9. The money is good and the people are great but the managers suck
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
I dont recommend this job to anyone.
Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 1, 2019
The company is real unprofessional. They didn't care for they emoloyees. If you had to call out they didn't care they expect you to be there no matter what.
Not worth your time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 12, 2019
I was in the first group that worked at dor1 in Chesapeake VA. Everything about the job is horrible. So do yourself a favor and go find another job.
Go work for the US postal service FedEx or UPS
Poor management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
This can be a great company but management there is poor. Quick to change things then hard to get in contact with. You never know what route you will be getting or the location you will be in how many stops or packages you will have making a 10hr day much longer yu never really know when you will get done but if you go past the scheduled time they’ll pay you for OT. If you like working on your own then this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything about this place is a lie
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 29, 2018
Beware of this place!!!!they will tell you a work shift is 10.5 hours Long (8:30am-6:30pm) but give you so many bags till you are out there till 9:30pm (cut off time) and the best part is you don’t even get a penny more for being out there longer! You are salaried at $135 a day and anything over 40 hours you get half pay which is around $6.they also tell you in orentation that their are roads that’s they won’t deliver to after a certain time at night which is a lie they will have you deliver off 9 mile road until midnight if they could besides the lies tho it gets better!!!! They provide your very own beat up Nissan van!!!comes complete with your very own busted radio and bumper as well as bald tires so you can skid down thos private roads 90% of your delivery’s will be down!they will make this job sound like the best place in the world but remember everything they say is a lie. If you don’t believe me look at the other reviews lol
Pros
Never have to go back
Cons
Everything about that place
This company sucks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2018
Management is so unprofessional!!! He doesn't handle anything like a mature adult. The dispatchers are nasty and immature and they talk to you like a dog! The work itself isn't that bad. Your day really depends on you.
Pros
Weekly paycheck
Cons
Very poor management, long hours
Worst place to work
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond VADecember 18, 2018
If you want to be a slave and work 10 to 12 hours a day without getting paid overtime, deliver over 250+ stops with over 300 packages a day every day 5 days straight, then this is the place for you. The vans are so dirty and disgusting and smell like pure trash you'll feel right at home at this place. They'll work you until your body gives out then you'll have to rethink your future because your body shuts down on you with all the physical work you have to do. You think getting in and out a van isn't tuff? Well try doing over 600 to 800 times a day over a 10 hour period. Then walk to and from your vehicle to people front porches through their yards with multiple boxes in your arms avoiding dogs,bugs,and snakes. It's tuff for the little bit of money they offer. And don't do a good job in beginning because they'll use you the most and you'll never have a break. For slow and bad workers they give them small routes but if your good you get punished by getting the largest route everyday! No exception. Then after you deliver over 350 packages you might have to help someone with a small route. So you'll have to do your job and someone else job too before your day ends and you'll both be paid the same. No incentives, no perks, no raises, no advancement, no future!
Pros
No free time
Cons
Be a slave
Expectations aren’t reality
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2018
Expect too much from employees delivering packages . I was trained for 3 days on the road . Broke all traffic laws especially speeding . If u had rural route u were expected to use the woods for ur restroom !! Work way after dark ! Poor communication !! I could go on and on . I quit after 3rd day training when we drove 90 bac to warehouse and 12 shift . I was a delivery manager for 30 years and nothing potalmile practices makes them a reportable company .!
Pros
Cons
Long hours / after dark deliveries
Sucks.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake va.October 29, 2018
Terrible job. Overworked by the slave driver ,Amazon. I thought leftist loved the worker? Pffft. They shouldn't put their stamp on any company or sub-company that burdens a worker like that. You get told its until 530 and some people can get done quicker. No. Its an outrageous amount of packages to deliver , and you will work late. 530? More like 8 Does it pay well? Sure. But thats it. And maybe the fact theres decent workers (good people) there just.trying to get by-thats a plus, too.

Theres hard work, then theres sticking it the lower level worker to make a buck. Shame on that greedy sob bezos.
Pros
None when in the light of the work load.
Apply here to look creepy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2018
If you've ever wanted to drive around a neighborhood with a beat up, unmarked white van with out of state plates and busted tail lights, look no further. Company makes sure to provide you with your creepy van and a cell phone that will be thrown at you no less than 3 times a day by the cheap phone holders in the vans.

It doesn't matter if you actually get the chance to take a break, just make sure you clock out for it. If you don't the manager will be more than happy to change your punches at the end of the week to avoid paying overtime.
Great if you like working outdoors and alone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2018
I enjoy the job for the fact that often I get to work outdoors and I am on my own which is great due to being self motivated. However, there is no chance of moving up or even any raises to look forward to. So what you have at being hired is what you can look forward to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postal Mile. Our community is ready to answer.

1.3