PostcardMania Employee Reviews

Fun place to work I just need to make more money and have more opportunities to grow.
Lead activator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2018
The envirnoment is nice, lots of nice people. I just don't make enough money there.

There is lots of parking, the building is nice and they do lots of fun events for the staff.
Would be great if management stepped up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 13, 2018
There is just too much disconnect between departments. Credit is not given to those that actually do the work. The benefits are expensive and not very good. Also advancement is dependent upon you taking courses that have nothing to do with your job and you are not allotted anytime to do them.
Fun , interesting place to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 14, 2017
there were a lot of successful people. was a great place to work but they didn't really move you around once you were in one area you ended up there. but luckily i loved my job we called customers updated or checked on there orders or tried to sell them for for their work.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not much advancement
Great Place for a First Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I only worked here for a few months over summer before my Junior year as my first job. Great management, fun environment, and good pay. My manager was very understanding but also pushed me to work harder and over the summer i got much much better at my job.
Pros
Good environment, fun workplace
Great group
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 25, 2017
This company is super fun to work at. The group is really great. There's a lot of fun events, mixers, etc. It really is a place where you get what you give.
Pros
Free coffee
The most positive place I have ever worked.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 19, 2016
They enforce the "no bad talking" policy meaning you are not aloud to put down your coworkers or job in any verbal content. I was the inventory manager and enjoyed my responsibilities or keeping the warehouse clean and being able to find any of the 5000 orders within 5 minutes. I loved the job and sometimes regret leaving there.
Incredible Place To Work
executive assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 12, 2015
The work environment here can't be beat. PCM truly believes in making work fun and when you have fun you work hard! The Staff Meetings have fun games where we can win prizes, we have competitions around the holidays and competitions to get healthy with cash prizes.

Amazing cafe (seriously, try the bacon wrapped chicken kabobs. TO DIE FOR) and free yoga, gym membership discounts and lots of free activities offered to employees. Also, rewards for doing well on the job and even referring other people for the HR department!

The company runs off of the Hubbard Management System, which goes over how the company operates and how production is tracked. There are Scientologists who work here but it is not a requirement, there are Executives in the company who are not Scientologists. The Hubbard Management System specifically allows you to see how the company is performing, and how each person relates to the other. It allows a level of transparency and seeing that you're not just another unnamed cog in the machine, you're a person with a name and a specific duty that helps towards growing the company. Each person is displayed on a HUGE board in the main room, so you can see how you relate to everyone else. Personally, I believe this is a good thing.

The classes required of each new hire are not all based on the Hubbard Management System. There are classes on Marketing and making customers happy as well. Even the ones based on the Hubbard System go over business techniques, not religion. Who would think that learning new ways of doing business is a bad thing?!

If you were
  more... to go into the medical field you'd be expected to know certain medical procedures, and it's the same thing here. The company operates off of a certain system, and they stress that each employee knows how the system works so they can use it in their favor. If you were thrown into an operating room without knowing anything, you wouldn't do too well would you?

The people here are the most caring, incredible, and generous I've ever met.

I would highly recommend this company for anyone who wants to work hard, be rewarded, and become better in their abilities. People are pushed to do their best, operate as a team, and move towards a common goal.
Pros
Cafe, Yoga, Amazing Co-Workers and Executives
Cons
Parking can sometimes be Hard
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great company that works to make their employees happy. No drama every. Amazing benefits. Yoga. Everybody is happy and wants to be there.
Fun, great executives!
Senior Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 9, 2015
Working at PCM is just fantastic! I love coming into work every single day. I've been able to advance and learn so much about marketing. Everyone contributes as a team to help our customers get the best results for their campaign. We're changing the world, one postcard at a time!
Scientology haven - avoid this place
Graphic design / production (Former Employee) –  ClearwaterFebruary 12, 2015
When I initially sent my resume to them, I was given a response immediately back. I lived outside of Clearwater , so I was given a online design test and skype interview. I was told I would be going to the next interview which had to be in person, I traveled there and was there for over 4 hours taking various tests such as two design skills tests , an IQ test and I met a few of the people I would be working with.

I was given the job a few weeks later and they were completely aware that I would be relocating for the job which they seemed to be extremely excited about. Once I moved I began a few days after.

The culture seem almost clique-like, people weren't very friendly however they would help you get around and answer the occasional question.

I had to sign an disclosure about religion in the work place which was highly ironic given that ALL the courses related to Ron Hubbards teachings, philosophies and/or Scientology. Being a non Scientologist that made me extremely uncomfortable however I still did what I needed to do.

My former coworkers all seemed to be cut from the same cloth, local based, the majority didn't have college degrees, middle aged, chain smokers and many of which had never left Florida their entire lives. I'm the complete opposite, I don't smoke, never lived in Florida, and I have two degrees.

I was given a project by Laura, the graphic design bully who thinks she was a design God, which was a "personal" project for the CEO. "Surprisingly" it was a Scientology project.

I didn't feel comfortable doing it. Less then a week later I was
  more... fired without warning for "not fitting in" and my design skills weren't "up to par" .

So I warn anyone who is applying that there is a huge Scientologist influence here. Stay away . Additionally there is no room for advancement.

the reviews are from current employees which explains the fluff placed in them.
Pros
There were "fun" moments
Cons
Pushing their beliefs on new hires, lack of diversity, Scientologist haven, dishonest about pay, lack of advancement
Light and fun atmosphere
Sales Consultant assitatnt (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 5, 2014
PostcardMania not only has an amazing work force but everyone is friendly and caring of your schedule and how you are doing at your job. I wouldn't give up my experience there for anything. From the sale courses I took to the seminars the sales team would go to it was over all an amazing time in my life.
Pros
Great Cafe, Great People
awesome!
finances (Current Employee) –  ClearwaterAugust 3, 2014
As someone so arrogantly mentioned, no, these responses are not coached. We really do love our jobs and love to come to work every day. It's a different work environment than any other place. Have tattoo's? Piercings? Gauges? Great! They accept you for who you are. They are business casual during the week and Friday is jeans casual day. Not so hard to follow if you ask me. They pay very well. Everyone is so nice and helpful with training.

Also, yes they do require you take the L. Ron Hubbard management course... All of 6 hours worth..... But it's not anything to do with Scientology or his religious beliefs. It's about study habits and how you can help yourself learn better. NO RELIGION ANYTHING. So chill out about that. I was skeptical at first growing up in a Christian home, but they really don't have any religious aspects pushed on you and even in the agreement says that they offer complete religious freedom.
Pros
cafe, yoga, pay, benefits, awesome people, freedom of expression
Cons
cafe isn't free
Review of PostcardMania
Production Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2014
It was a great starting point for my career in Marketing. I learned a lot about printing and marketing as well as developed a higher level of customer service experience.
Super fun working environment and encourages growth of employees
VP Establishment (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 21, 2014
This has been the first job I've had where I actually look forward to coming to work every single day.

I have grown so much as an individual working at PostcardMania and have learned to keep growing with the company as we grow overall.

Being in a position where I have the ability to encourage employee growth is my favorite part of my job. The employees here are all gems - hand-picked out of the hundreds of applicants for any given job opening here - and we ensure they know their jobs and responsibilities. Even more, we ensure each and every employee knows how important they all are in the overall success of the company and recognize them for their regular contributions and also the above-and-beyond contributions.

I love that there's always some game, contest, party, picnic, etc. I had had some back problems in the past, but attending our free in-house yoga classes 2x/week has helped that tremendously.

The list goes on and on . . . Excited to continue to help this company grow.
Pros
Awesome work environment, encouraged emplooyee growth, superb job training, full coffee bar and cafe for breakfast and lunch, free weekly yoga classes
Cons
None :)
Nice people, but virtually all senior managers are scientologists, and they require all employees to take multiple Ron Hubbard management courses.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 11, 2013
Nice group of people. However, if you are averse to semi religious business philosophies being pushed down your throat, be aware. You not only have to take Ron L Hubbard management courses (with a somewhat tenuous connection to Scientology), but you need to detail how they apply to your life and how you agree with them.

In addition, you need to recite a pledge/purpose once a week at the company meeting or they look down upon you.

It is too bad, because the management team and co-workers were nice. They seemed with it and worked hard.

I lasted a little less than a year before I left.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Ron L Hubbard coursework required
Great place to work! Productive and fun!
Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2012
I've worked at PostcardMania for over 5 years and it's a wonderful place to work! The Management encourages a light and fun atmosphere where everyone gets along and this atmosphere can be felt by our customers. Everyone here is very productive - they get a lot done every day and they have fun doing it. As part of my job I work directly with the CEO which I like very much - she's very upbeat and focused. Our company is also involved in lots of community activities which I think is important.
Pros
productive, upbeat working environment
A great place to work, have fun and learn!
Director of Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 9, 2012
I've worked here for a little more than a year as the PR Director. I've worked with some really great, smart and talented people. It is a fun, vibrant work environment with an in house cafe and FREE work out classes!

The environment is centered around being productive and great at what you do. I have learned more in the last year about marketing and PR than I have in my last 5 years in my professional (corporate) life!
Pros
fun environment, educational, talented co workers
Great Company to Work For!
VP Design & Prod. (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 7, 2012
I have been working here for nearly 11 years now. I have never worked at or been a part of a group of people who are all so great. I have worked my way up from an admin position to now being in charge of my own division.

Great group of people to work with, very productive and caring when it comes to getting the work done and delivering the best service possible.
Pros
great benefits, company cafe, great atmosphere and people
Fun Place to Work
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 2, 2012
I've been a PostcardMania employee for the past 5 years and I love working here. I've been able to learn more about the field of marketing, PR and social media than I ever thought possible. I have advanced twice since starting my PostcardMania career and have a built a stable environment for myself.

My management team and co-workers are fantastic, we all get along so well. I find myself staying at work late not because of deadlines or because I "have" to, but because I love my job.

If you're looking for a great working team to be part of, PostcardMania is where it's at!
Pros
creativity on my job, fun management team, in-house cafe and other company perks
Super fun atmostphere! Love the people I work with!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater FlAugust 2, 2012
I have been working here at PostcardMania for 5 1/2 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else! I love the fun atmosphere, the people I work with as well as what the company stands for!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PostcardMania. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight