Postmates
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA5 reviews
It is exactly as advertised
You turn on the app and get going it is that simple. Hours are based on when you set your status to working and over when you turn it off. As contracted delivery work goes it is fine. The app sends you everything you need in a well organized way. The biggest problem you'll run into though is parking. It can often be very hard to find free parking which could severely hurt how much you take in. But other then that, its an easy way to work when you have free time and is quite easy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
parking
Working on my own time
When ever I had some free time I would just go in my car and wait for a delivery for me to accept and deliver. After deliveries I would sometimes get tips some people are more generous than others with tips but it’s good.
I like it
Costly get to meet new people everyday definitely get to know your area a lot better as far as streets new restaurants and you get to work on your own time
Easy money, Little profit
The job is pretty good easy money but there are barely any orders also waste a pretty good anoint of gas they also pay on distance and not how much time you take
Working for spare change
I have worked postmates for over 4 years as a spare time job while doing other on demand delivery jobs and while doing that it was fine. When I lost those other jobs and tried postmates full time the past two months the pay has been very poor and it's not worth it because Im averaging less than a dollar an hour on most days.
For example I have waited for 8 hours one day and during that time only received 3 orders which amounted to around $25-30 because one customer gave a $12 tip and the others gave nothing. Now once you factor in the gas I spent to drive to the restaurants and customers homes I only made $4 for 8 hours. If you have other jobs and just leave this on to do when you have down time then it'll give you an extra $20-40 a day but if you're relying on this to live off of then you're going to be sadly disappointed and very frustrated because you will spend more on gas than you'll make back since most of the customers think it's ok not to tip and Im someone who lets them know we need tips to make our money but they still dont care because we dont matter only getting their order does.

Also their weekly pay guarantees are a joke because I have spent a great deal of time trying to get them and normally when they're in effect I actually get less orders and money not more.

Neither the company or customers appreciate the hard work drivers do so save yourself the time, gas and trouble by picking a better company to work for.