Postmates Employee Reviews

Flexible
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I love this job because i am my own boss basically . Get to pick your own hours and work on whatever side of town you want to work on and you get paid weekly. Great side hustle for me.
get what you put in...i suppose
driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2018
well doesn't pay the best but a plus is that you can make your own hours and work schedule and pretty much able to be your own boss. down side is there is little to no assistance if you mess up or need help your pretty much all on your own to figure everything out. pay is good only during peak hours, so during slow hours its not even worth the effort to try, you'll be spending more money and probably won't make hardly anything to cover any over head cost
Pros
work anytime you want schedule
Cons
peak hours are only real time you get paid anything of real worth
Granted it is a job for “super part time “
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
The pay out is awful. You drive 10 miles, longer with Atlanta traffic, to pick up the food then another 15 miles to deliver all for a nice $4. Yeah, literally didn’t even make your gas money off that trip. Never the less you’ll have orders where you drive clean out the way to pick up $1 fries and large sweet tea. Definitely WONT make $1500 unless you’re doing this every minute of the day. It should be required tips considering the pay out is horrible and usually the drive is a good little distance.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
Awful payout!
It's Cool If You Have Another Income Source
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
I started working Postmates a couple weeks ago in between jobs and man I tell you it's been a hassle. Some days the work is slow and some days it's pretty good, it takes a Week for them to deposit the money that you made so don't think your about to make some quick cash cause when they do deposit it it takes another couple days for the payout to clear. Overall, like I said it's cool if your looking to make some extra money but don't expect the money to come quickly. Haha Postmates will test your patience if you aren't prepared
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Pay
Productive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Working there was always fun. They have great perks. Not the best place to be if you don't like fast paced work. People are really easy to talk to and they have events all the time.
I did not like postmates at all
Job and/or Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Postmates provides a very stressful and low action work environment. I did not like delivering for postmates. The pay was awful and you had to wait a large amount of time between each delivery.
Postmates, don't lie!!!
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2018
$1500 a week? Really??? I do not even know how there are people who can give this job even 2 stars when it deserves -10. Let's start, you start working for $ 4 each delivery, is what you earn regularly, some time ago they were paying minimum $5 per delivery and $0.98 per mile, Postmates deliveries were continuous, you were able to make up to 3 deliveries in 1 hour, but now, you can be waiting during 4 hours without receiving delivery requests, why? Simple, the Miami market is saturated on all sides, too many people doing this #(*$)_ and they have no limit to the number of people who can do it. Only 10 deliveries can be made in 12 hours. The other problem is that the 90% of clients DO NOT GIVE TIP! I've been doing Postmates for 3 years and I can say that this new slavery paid job is for animals.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
The pay isn't good enough
Postmates Courier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2018
Postmates is similar to any other courier/delivering service but it's probably the worst one out of them all. The average you can usually make off one delivery is $5. The pick up process is a little more complicated than it should be; sometimes you have to pay with the Postmates credit card and sometimes the order is already prepaid and ready for pick up. It's more of a hassle when the food isn't already made for you when you pick it up.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Low income, poor management
Slow paced and very unproductive.
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Provided that its your own time that makes the job, there are multiple occasions of getting no deliveries and waiting hours on end to get even just one.
Pros
You make the schedule
Cons
Practically no advancement and low pay
Postmates is fun
Postmates Courier (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2018
you can work whenever you want to, but depending on the city it can be very stressful. I normally like to have a friend with me in case there is no parking.. other than that it is fun and can get you some money if you do a lot of orders.
Pros
quick money
Cons
hard to find parking spots and time is sometimes short
Poor Management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 9, 2018
I barely get a lot of deliveries while being in a area where it's mainly being used the used. It would take me hours before I receive an order. I've been working there since October 2017 and I haven't been making any money since.
No help when there is confusion or a problem. Pay attention.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLORIDASeptember 9, 2018
Been doing post mates for two weeks. Is ok for part time if you have another job. The most stressful part is App management and drop off mechanics. If you get a batched order, it doesn’t show multiple stops on the App gps, which can be confusing if you’re not looking closely. It only shows one stop at a time. This is where it gets tricky, if you’re new you have to pay close attention to your orders, so you don’t make mistakes as I did. Because I never done a batched order (which it doesn’t tell you before you accept) I had dropped all orders on the first drop and totally messed up the last two because there was no communication. I had to reimburse all parties that did not receive food from my own pay. Bummer! Pay very close attention. Hope this helps.
Pros
Make own hours. Work anytime.
Cons
Wear and tear. App mechanics and communication.
I do not think so
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2018
In Miami is a bit complicated the postmates, we do not have business identification and it is very difficult the momentary parking for deliveries in central areas of the city
Cons
choose your own hours to build a substantial side income delivering goods
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Postmates is a phone-dependent job, much of the experience is determined by the reliability of your phone and network/data/wifi access. With this point in mind, the opportunity is there to earn a good side income on par with other part-time and smartphone based work. Physical fitness, navigational skills and how well you know the city layout and its restaurants are going to be what makes you successful. Also: don't forget to smile
Decent at times
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2018
It's alright if you need part time income. I definitely would NOT recommend it for a full time job because you'd be greatly disappointed. The job isn't hard or anything. It's only picking up orders and dropping them off. If you can actually get decent orders, that is. Some days aren't even worth getting in your car. After you factor in gas cost, vehicle upkeep cost, etc., your profitable income is a joke.
Pros
No mangagement or co-workers.
Cons
The pay sucks.
Flexible Employment
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
Postmates is a great place to work to make ends meet. The only drawback is that they don't take out taxes for you so you end up having to pay money back.
Driver 8 take a break
Courier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed the job simply due to making my own hours and learning the ins and outs of the job. The day went quickly if you were busy and slow if you were not making deliveries, which caused a bit of stress because that's how you made your living. The job was great, but the company was unstable and often in need of venture capital to prop it up. They cut pay schedules, rates, and stopped reimbursements if you accidentally used your own debit card.

I drove in the Portland, Oregon area and now reside in Los Angeles as of a few days ago, so I have no insight of this market for the drivers who make deliveries.
Pros
Great money if you're busy
Cons
Too many drivers on the road and the pay is not what it used to be.
Good if you need extra money but not as a full time job.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
I needed to use Postmates in between jobs and I BARELY made minimum wage. It's very hard to get the bonuses they offer (which are pretty good) so most of the time it doesn't seem worth it. You really aren't making minimum wage unless you get tipped it's essential.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
low salary
They advertise to reel you in
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Base pay is $4 per delivery. Sometime order get cancelled after the driver makes the commute, and there is no pay out. You have to find a way to contact the company and have to prove there was a cancellation and you will get about a $1 for the gas and mileage. There are times where no jobs will come in for hours at a time.
Pros
Un deliverable food
Cons
No guarantee of jobs. Low pay rates.
App problems
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
I've experienced some app problems...after picking up food, the app would time out and after multiple tries you still are unsuccessful with getting to the location to deliver to the customer causing complaints and and etc.

It is a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle. You pay lots of money in gas...some days you have to drive half way across town to get any traffic.

The incentives set are unrealistic at times...having to make 30 deliveries to receive 250.00 is a lot of driving, plus when you get paid out you get charged a fee and you never get the entire pay at one time...you receive small deposits between 7-45 dollars at the time.

Customers are not understanding

If you are working in a city/urban area you will not receive compensation for tolls, parking fees, meters and so on...
Pros
Work on your own time/Paid every week
Cons
App problems, low pay, and parking charges to pick up food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.1Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight