Postmates Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Delevery driver (Current Employee) –  Los angelas CANovember 14, 2018
Tipical day is i begin at the time of my choosing.locate myself near or in hottspotts make a fee deliverses .tjen shut down app for a bit resume for a couple more hours .there isnt anytjing very difficult about my job .i enjoy it very mucy
Pros
Make ur own schedual
Cons
Healthcare
Nervous
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2018
The management make you look nervous at best! Worrying about food preparation or delivery service at all times can stressful. Feeding people there food is a general burden, that nobody should experience. The customer is always right in each case.
Pros
Automotive responsibilities
Cons
Long waits or drives!
Great place for cash on the side
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodhaven, NYNovember 13, 2018
Great App easy to use after the on board it’s easy as 123. Enjoyable job and your like your own boss. Create your own hours and they have blitz area that give a multiplier on the pay out.
Overall have appreciated the advantages postmates have had to offer me so far; however there is a scam going on in the Los Angeles area.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
Scammers are putting in orders and calling u about the order to throw u off from getting ur account info and posing as postmate representatives to add their bank info to ur account and snatch ur earnings. Give ur password to no one! Ever! ...
Cons
They are extremely diffucult to get in contact with.
Flexible schedule
Delivery Driver (Kansas City) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Pay isn't great. It's based on how many deliveries you complete and not based on how many hours you work. Schedules are not set and its done mostly through an app.
Less than minimum wage. Avoid postmates
Delievery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
They showed me a map of Manhattan where Red was supposed to be the busier areas. Logged on and would wait easily over an hour even in the busy areas.
I picked up an order at a Shake Shack and they asked me to pick up an extra order and make an extra delivery. The minim was $4 per delivery but only made $5 combined for both deliveries. Not worth it at all! Pretty much worked from 11 am to 1:30 and only made $9!! (I got a second delivery after the two from Shake Shack. They offer teasers like if you make x amount of deliveries in a certain time you’ll make a guaranteed amount but it’s inpossible to make the amount of deliveries they require in the allotted time.
Pros
If you like exploring your town and make some $$
Cons
The pay is less than minimum wage. Not worth it
Waste of time Barely break even if you calculate gas and wear and tear on your car! Free labor for postmates.
Driver (Current Employee) –  FresnoNovember 11, 2018
Came into postmates with a open mind. Recently Tryed for 3 weeks full time . Postmates basically has you working for free. I put over 500 miles on my car in 3 days and still only had barely enough to break even in my account . Postmates will say there is work in areas and when you go near the area there will have no work and basically you waste your time and gas. You get paid like 3.80 cents per delivery and most the time takes about an hour. Total waste of time and they never send 2 delivery’s, or at least very rarely I got 1 in 3 weeks. When u complete one delivery basically you wait 1-2 hrs to get another one. I stay in very busy areas and they still don’t have work. They say they have over 200,000 drivers but it’s because they all QUIT, and they basically keep you in there system to email you and act like there is work . In the Bay Area I also did postmates and still couldn’t make a profit enough to pay any bills. Beware basically they are using you and barely cover gas. No benefits, Not consistent, and the wear and tear on your car is not worth it at all. Stay away!! Just keeping it real so people don’t get taken advantage of. If you like to work for free and barely make enough to get a dollar menu cheeseburger and gas, by all means this is the job for you.
Pros
None Terrible Pay
Cons
Terrible Pay, Working for Free basically, Ruins your car
Basically be your own boss
Postmates Courier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
You get to be your own boss, set your own hours and you get to explore and see a lot of New York and restaurants. You also get to meet lots of great people.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
When jobs are slow
Stop! Dont do it !
Diver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo nyNovember 9, 2018
Tips will always be 50 cents! They charge people 20 and 30 dollars and pay us 4.00 To deliver in our cars ,our gas! But they advertise 20 hr scam artists! They wont reply to anyone live !
Pros
Cons
No money! Wear and tear on your car
Good when in between jobs or as a side hustle
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2018
Postmates can be fun, the only stressful times are heavy traffic hours, probably because I have road rage lol.

I see lots of people complaining about the pay, saying they only make $4 per order and get no tips. I don't know what these people are doing but 90% of my orders are tipped. I do all the delivery jobs like doordash, etc. ALL of them over time have averaged about $18/hr. I've made $30/hr on weekends.

On postmates alone, you can do 2-3 orders per hour. For me, my orders have averaged $9.47 per delivery, that's out of 300. At 2 per hour, that's not terrible money where I live for an unskilled job.

Know which orders to accept, otherwise you'll end up wasting a lot of time. Motorcycle mode shows the order before accepting.
Pros
Explore town, easy money, no boss, flexible schedule
Cons
Heavy traffic, some slow restaurants, wear and tear on car
Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2018
Deliver the food to the costumers
before i deliver the food, I have to make sure that the food is correct.
Pros
get to know the routes at Washington DC
Cons
Routes are terrible
I really like working for Postmates
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
Postmates it a good company to work for. Is a quick pace job and the pay wage it's ok. The thing I like about Postmates is that you get to work when you want and becoming your own boss.
Pros
You have to bring your own lunch
Cons
Yes short break
Flexible hours
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2018
Working with Postmates is very convenient. The work hours are super flexible and you have the opportunity to do instant payouts. I enjoy working here on the side. Definitely not useful as a full time job because of lack of benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours, instant payouts
Cons
No benefits
Decent side job, but not sustainable in the long run.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2018
Honestly, for a job as easy and relaxed as Postmates is I can't really say too much bad about it. Low effort needed, but tips can be pretty unreliable.
Pros
Easy and relaxed.
Cons
Tips have to be good to make any significant income.
Productive and Fast paste
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 6, 2018
Working for Postmates is more of an exercise than actual work because your always going from store to store picking up food or the regular everyday items.
Tipping and travel
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2018
We barely get paid anything. I'll drive 15-20 mins to get the food then it'll take 10 mins or so to drop off and I only get about 4-6 dollars. Then every 10 deliveries I'll be lucky to get rid from 2 or 3 of them. Also, I thought you get a blitz in between 530-9 but I don't see the extra $2.
Pros
Do it on your own time and paid out right away
Cons
Bad tipping/money.
Slow as evet
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron ohNovember 4, 2018
I signed up on Oct 15th. I didnt get my card until oct 30th. It was supposed to take 3-5 business days. There isnt a customer service number. Still haven't cleared my bkground. Its almost been a month. I have no record. Valid licence and insurance. And haven't had a ticket in years. They need to run their business more efficiently. Signed up for DD and background cleared the same day. Ill be making extra cash next week. Postmates is a big waste of my time imo.
Pros
No Schedule
Choose UberEats, trust us. Postmates is terrible. Rating system is broken,
Deliverer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 3, 2018
I really tried giving Postmates a chance, and still am.

If you live in a city, obviously you're dealing with vagrants and people who are either too drunk or lazy to go around the block to pick up their food (if you're delivering in the evenings.). I am speaking on these customers considering I have been one, the only difference is that I give reviews honestly and based on the deliverers efforts. I'd probably give them a 5 star anyway, just cause.

I know this already doesn't sound like the kindest review, but really, I've been giving 5 star service to my customers; letting them know when I arrive via text, when I'm leaving, whether they'd want anything else (condiments), etc.

People will give you a 1 star review because they feel like it.

"Why didn't you bring my ketchup?"
"You didn't mention ketchup, I'm sorry about that. I would have brought it if you mentioned it."
"And that's why you're stuck doing deliveries."
Gave me a one-star rating, dropping me about .2 points. This affects your deliveries, Postmates claims it doesn't.

You're free to speak your mind which is amazing. But you're going to get a one-star review. I've kept my mouth shut for all my negative deliveries.

Good customers have tipped me up to anywhere of $30, which is the best. These are rare occurrences but they do happen. Just be pleasant and friendly; let them know when you're waiting on the food and when you're on your way.

If you're charismatic, delivery jobs are the way to go. I would be a deliverer if it was profitable, but it is not. This is not the 90's.

Serving flowers is
  more... much more profitable than this joke of a side-job. Driving hundreds of miles in a week to make $250. Astounding.

Overall, choose UberEats. You'll have much better deliveries and customer service.
Pros
The con's outweigh the pro's.
Cons
Wear and tire on your vehicle, If you have an IQ of at least 70 you'll realize that this job is costing you money, It's side money when you need it if you're in the dumps.
Slavery Driving
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2018
I have been wanting to write a review about PostMates for a while but I kept telling myself it was going to get better and I should wait. Oh well, it hasn't.
They pay you an average of $4 dollars per trip and if you make two deliveries in an hour you're lucky. Sometimes customers wil tip, sometimes they won't. And when they don't, expect to make less than minimum wage per hour (and remember: you're paying for gas and the wear and tear on your car).
Other than that, some days they don't give you deliveries at all. So you're online waiting for a delivery for hours and it just doesn't pop up. I've had orders being cancelled when I'm pretty much next to the restaurant. They don't pay you anything. When I tried contacting them about it, they said it was cancelled because I took too long to arrive at the restaurant (traffic can get pretty bad here in Vegas) and that's it. Plus, they don;t have a support team.
If you want side money this is not it!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
I drove just to make side money thinking it was 20/hr as advertised. You make about $4 a ride not including a tip. The pickup locations can sometimes be far from you like 10-20miles away, you can sometimes get customers cancelling because you’re too far or you can drive 15miles out to the pickup location, wasting gas, to pick up and drop off to someone not too far from THAT restaurant and only making $4. My first couple of days, I worked 4 hours and only made $19. Which does not cover the gas you spent driving around. Not worth it in my opinions. You make a lot more off Uber and lyft and Grub Hub!! Also they do not have a customer service # or people to contact immediately if you have questionss
Pros
Wok on your own time
Cons
Waste of gas, rip off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Postmates.

Powered by Comparably