Postmates

Postmates Employee Reviews

United States2,368 reviews

Found 2,368 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,381 reviews
deliveryappboscustomorderdeliverhourdrive

It is exactly as advertised

You turn on the app and get going it is that simple. Hours are based on when you set your status to working and over when you turn it off. As contracted delivery work goes it is fine. The app sends you everything you need in a well organized way. The biggest problem you'll run into though is parking. It can often be very hard to find free parking which could severely hurt how much you take in. But other then that, its an easy way to work when you have free time and is quite easy.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

parking

Best Job I've Every Had

This job was the best! The company loved it's employees, and the work that needed to be done was just as easier. I hate that the company got bought out, it's no other job out here like Postmates!

Postmates insights

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Be your own boss

I worked for Postmates as a food delivery on my bike. I loved it because I was able to work whenever and I was a student at that time so would just go to work after school sometimes or during the weekends. I was able to make my own schedule.

Pros

Easy and Flexible times. Gets to Explore the city.

Cons

No payment for the days you are sick or on holiday. Few deliveries on some days.

Productive and fast pace

The good at this company is that you will always have work each day. It fast pace and reliable. I love this job and it has great benefits at a low cost.

Cons

Fairly flexible hours that are easy to pick up with great gps nav and tech support!

I had just moved to Tucson and thought a delivery job would help me get to know the area a little better. Frustrating at first but I adjusted. Great tech support and customer service and so many McDonald's customers makes it a sure thing no matter where you are! Late night shifts are easy to find and the maps are perfect for that! If you have a little time you can just go online and grab a time slot! If you've ever delivered for amazon prime it's right down you're alley! It's freelancing in the car!

Great Pay and follow up while doing deliveries.

Typical day is waiting between deliveries and sometimes the orders come back to back... it just depends. They pay better than some of the other food delivery companies.

Very Flexible

I loved working for doordash for the simple fact that you can work whenever you want! It is by far the most flexible job possible and you can definitely make a decent living off of it.

flexible

If you have the mindset to hustle and want multiple streams of income this job could be a good first step for you, you earn what you put in essentially

Pros

Flexibility

Work when you want, nice people.

Working for Postmates was really fun and hectic at the same time. You could earn good pay depending on how many hours you put in. Only had a handful of bad customers the few Years I worked there. Overall it’s a great job and great exercise too.

Garbage

Terrible job … they don’t pay well at all and hardly my get any business because they’re whole platform is straight bootleg …def not worth the trash pay for the gas and wear and tear

Courier

Free Time for the day fun place to go to work and get it done ✅ Thanksgiving should be in the morning and then I'll be home in about an hour and then I'll get back to my car and get it done before I get there by then I'll head over to get it done before you leave it at the front door.

Typical gig work

Typical gig work...food delivery.There's not much more to say.It is fine for extra income.It's definitely not going to make you rich.Don't expect much support from the corporate office.

It's ok for a first job

Easy work but low pay sometimes not enough offers to go around. Can go hours of not getting a single offer often wasting the day or affecting your incentive pay.

Work your own schedule

Due to the rise of gas prices, I would look for more of a traditional job. You pay depends on the tips that the customer provides. You also have to put aside money to pay taxes.

was somekind help money

so so not so good because uber is taking all ordersthat make competition problemsnothing else to sayexpensive gas ofcoursealot of danger outside streets

Pros

quick work digital order

Cons

low orders

Productive and Fun workplace with the flexibility to have a job and personal life.

Great job!! It provided me the means to take care of my family. Great working atmosphere with the freedom to earn a living at your own pace in your very own way! Helpful team associates to guide you along your way as a new comer even until you have mastered the wonderful world of customer service and delivery!

Postmate decreased pay

The time I worked at Postmates the pay kept getting lower and lower. At first it paid well but then, as time went on I found myself making less money. Good for short term flexible work

Good Side Hustle

I used to work postmates whenever I needed extra money, it was fun but compensation wasn’t great unless you worked on a day where they had good bonuses.

Bad tips and income

Bad income already. I do not recommend this job whatsoever. It doesn't pay well and you are taking a significant toll on your vehicle with 0 compensation or consideration for your hard work.

Accept orders depending on time and customer tips

Time and day were important on capitalizing by daily/weekly bonuses and sometimes the tips were okay. Worst was attempting to get help from Postmates reps because of the Fleet App was buggy at times. Then COVID hit 2 years ago following a slow recovery.

it's fun to be on your own

It's a great gig to do here and there but if you are looking for solid work this is not it. pay sucks for how much gas you really spend and tips are always great if you get lucky.

Pros

Indpence, own schedule

Cons

pay not enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Postmates with

• Postmates
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?