Postmates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
I learned a ton about life, what I want out of my career, and limitless job skills. I'm a far, far better engineer than I was when I started. Every day I'm challenged and fulfilled.
Postmates is a fun absolutely chill environment at times.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2018
I must say that I have been with Postmates for almost two years,
And my first year I thought I could possibly save up and buy me a car, but something changed.
Today I am scrounging to earn 5.00 a run, and the distance can feel like a trip to another city and back.
I'm stating as a fact that whoever is running management, or Ceo in the background, need to make some immediate changes with the way the business is ran, my sister left me a tip that I never received.
And after carrying a custmers groceries up 3 flights of stairs they were excited and repeatedly stated they would leave me a tip, the tip was never received hmm, this just makes me wonder.
We are being nickled and dimed and you have some dedicated delivery drivers that are just fed up, Postmates is a dream come true for the underdogs in my city to make a come up, but unfortunately because of all the greed and pride in this company, if you guys don't make some immediate changes, you are going to sink like the Titanic. At this point I want recommend Postmates to anyone I know, you guys want to be the best, take care of your delivery drivers pay them their worth, and get rid of anyone who scheming from your company, I hate to see something so awesome go to waste, and this ain't the first time you've herd this, use a real person to contact the delivery driver, leave a number where a real person can be reached, just some advice take it or leave it, I don't know how much longer I can stay afloat.
Pros
Perks is great
Cons
Control of your breaks is awesome!
If you have a problem a human won't contact oyu
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
I have emailed Postmates on several occasions and not once can I get in contact with a human. The customers rate you low for going above and beyond and the pay isn't worth the trips. I have literally been paid $6 for going full blown grocery shopping at Vons. The list was so long that it took over an hour. The incentives aren't even worth it because they pay the difference which is what they claim to guarantee.
Pros
Cons
Pay, customers, Pickup wait times, and deliveries
Postmates
Delivery Associate/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
Postmates was great. I really enjoyed being able to work on my own schedule. The only thing is that the Los Angeles area and the San Fernando Valley is quite spread out and I found that with all the driving required it only made sense to work while using my Prius. The customers were always relatively friendly and tips were generous.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, and tips
Cons
Driving often
At least they have decent tippers!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  New York , nyAugust 10, 2018
This company are thief’s, they nickel and dime you , don’t payout properly for time waited for food, any blitz or promos they send you be careful it’s just a ploy for you to sign on because after you complete that delivery you receive no blitz. Then you try and contact customer service (nearly impossible) for me to receive an automated email talking about everything else but the problem I wrote them about. This is a last resort job, don’t make yourself a slave driving 3 miles in rain for 5$.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You don’t get paid out right!
Only decide on Postmates after you look at all other available online delivery companies!!
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 9, 2018
Probably the most obvious and most stressful thing that makes Postmates a broken company is the complete lack of support for drivers. There is a way to email your problem to them and wait 24 to 48 hour for response. Now if you are a customer or restaurant you have 24/7 live phone support. If you call they are told not to help you and to use the app. It doesn’t matter what the issue is. Example, app didn’t have correct location of customer. Google maps to me to customer. But I could not complete delivery because Postmates made a mistake. Remember, all mistakes fall on the driver. There is no help, I cannot stress this enough. You are alone! . I had to drive to other location to compete delivery. If possible I call customer and politely inform them of an issue I am having and have them call. Postmates will then call you and magically they can help you. There are so many better online companies to work for, please keep this company as a Kay resort.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
You arE alone!!
Don't even bother
Courier/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2018
Postmates used to be a viable form of income as recently as 2016. Since then they have made numerous cuts to payout amount, distance you traveled, blitz bonus(they started merging blitz in with payout amount so if does not go over the minimum payout amount they will not honer the bonus) and wait time. The result is a significant loss of income. They've also become saturated to where you can go hours without an order. Don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Pay
15 hour days for $120 after gas
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 7, 2018
In my opinion, Postmates is a prime example of human exploitation.
Pay is very low.

Personally I've never supported the idea of the customer having to compensate for the greed of a company via a tip, but since the pay was so low, I often felt that a lot of customers were just as exploitive. I've delivered orders upwards of $400 and received a measly $1.50 tip. In cases like those, I was infuriated for being taken advantage of twice in one delivery. On the other hand, I've also been tipped fairly generously every now and then.
No matter how smart you think you're working though, income ALWAYS works out to be approximately $10/hr after gas. After annual vehicle maintenance/car payment/registration I'd imagine you barely break even. Feel free to do the math on that one.

I also found that, for reasons beyond me, restaurant staff were often rude and unappreciative of the service at the best of times. I was even treat like a nuisance occasionally. Believe me, after fighting through traffic and risking losing your whole day's pay to a parking ticket for someone elses lunch, to be greeted by a flat, ungrateful personality is particularly enraging!
It would be great if restaurants opted OUT of the service if they're so ungodly disgruntled by it!!

So overall, based on my experience, definitely not a fun, nor long term gig. However, if you're in a jam it can be a temporary financial solution.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Work your own Hours!
Courier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
I love working my own hours. This is an opportunity for SUPPLEMENTATIVE income on top of a job already, and its great, it's stress free, and relatively easy to setup and do!
fun because its at your own pace
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2018
i would normally wake up and get right into work with post mates they have a blitz bonus were the money you earn doubles. the hardest part about this is that it is best to have a car but it is not necessary and also trying to park and receive the delivery is hard. the best part about working for post mates is that its like i am working for myself and i get to work from 9am to 1am and get as many hours as i want.
Pros
work as much as you want
Cons
parking and its easy with car
Postmates
Postmates Courier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
I do postmates on my free time it’s an great way to make a quick dollar and still enjoy your free time make your own schedule and own pay rate a day the pay is up to you
Flexible
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2018
Like DoorDash, you have the ability to decide when and where you work. Unlike DoorDash, you can't schedule ahead of time. The first week I paid attention to the hot spots and saw when they would grow and diminish. It helped get an idea of when I should work. Areas can be more lucrative than other areas, which can be a challenge. Also you have to plan on parking. Where I am predominately, parking is always a challenge. Downtown Sacramento is not car friendly when it comes to parking. Being in Roseville is completely different though. There are a lot of places to park. Sometimes when you are in the "red zone", it is difficult to find jobs.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, finding new food places
Cons
pay, miles on your vehicle
Excellent
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 2, 2018
If you want part time work this is what you should do or you can do it full time. If you want to work for yourself and have your own hours to work this is also the job for you. The possibilities are endless when you are working postmates
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
pay for your gas
Fun and flexible hours for quick pay.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 2, 2018
Postmates is the perfect oppurtunity for a starting out delivery driver. You use your own vehicle and pick up pre arranged orders through out your city. You start your shift by logging into your app and once you have finished an order you may simply end your shift by logging off. Pay is then done through your bank account 5 days after you complete your shift.
Pros
Flexible hours and bonuses.
Cons
Slow days and traffic.
Good Place to Work
Postmates Courier (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 1, 2018
Fine company to work for. Although the amount of time compared to the pay is not quite where I would like it to be. You do provide your own transportation and there are fairly high operational cost associated with new vehicles these days.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
No benefits. Pay not very high
Make some extra money
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2018
I usually do lyft so when I signed up for postmates I was expecting that I would be compensated for my time driving but not sure if that is the case. I literally drove 30 minutes waited in a drive thru line for 10 minutes and got paid less than 5$ swear I haven't logged back in ever since.
Decent for some extra money, not worth making a living off of.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 30, 2018
I worked as a PostMates driver for a few weeks, I was starting another job soon but wanted to make some money while I waited to start. My first day I got deliveries pretty regularly after I completed one, so there wasn’t much time spent waiting for a new one. I was able to make two or even sometimes three deliveries in an hour. After that day though, the deliveries really started to slow down. I only ever delivered during peak hours and mostly on Fridays or the weekend. It was frustrating working a full eight hour day (sometimes more) and only getting nine deliveries. They give a lot of incentives to get you out delivering, like a guaranteed $60 if you get 6 deliveries between a set time, but the deadlines always seemed impossible to meet.

This job is nice if you have nothing to do and you need the money. The amount you make per hour is strongly dependent on how much a customer tips, which I would say only about half of them do. I feel there should be a minimum tip amount, maybe based on the time taken to pick up and deliver the food or based on the cost of the order. I also think the rating system Ian quite strict, 4.7/5 can be hard to maintain when customers may be quick to blame the driver for how they enjoyed their food.
Pros
Fast paced, your own boss
Cons
Pay very depended on tips, not really any benefits or reasonable incentives
Postmates Great!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2018
They give you every opportunity to succeed, Those hordes aren’t nameless or faceless. They’re my colleagues, my family members, my friends. And with few exceptions, they’re at best bemused and at worst deeply concerned about how often I pay strangers to bring meals to my doorstep. How, they ask, can I justify incurring such hefty delivery fees? Why, they wonder, don’t I crave the ambiance and piping-hot freshness that comes from dining out? When, they gently inquire, was the last time I felt the sun on my skin?
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Time Consuming
i would still recommend postmates
Independent Contractor/Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2018
Postmates is a job for fast money but the customer service is horrible u can not speak to anyone live and that becomes a problem on so many levels. the work is constant for the most part i wish they paid more for the deliveries. but you can make money u just have to be out there on the streets for a while to make good. A lot of their jobs are $4 the money really only comes in if the customer tip well.
Great part time job
Independent Contractor / Courier (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2018
Great part time job to help you fill hours that you may have open during the day. It allows you to assist people and be your own boss. It also allows you to get to know the area and find great restaurants to visit when you are not working.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not busy enough in my area yet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight