Postmates
Coronavirus update
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver833 reviews
You turn on the app and get going it is that simple. Hours are based on when you set your status to working and over when you turn it off. As contracted delivery work goes it is fine. The app sends you everything you need in a well organized way. The biggest problem you'll run into though is parking. It can often be very hard to find free parking which could severely hurt how much you take in. But other then that, its an easy way to work when you have free time and is quite easy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
parking
The deliveries are some what ok depending on what the customer orders, how far you have to travel, So some times you can only make $4.30 for just one delivery and just hope the customer tips or not. This basically how you make your money. So you may have to stay login from 7a till about 10 p just to get a some what good pay out
In my area, they are not very popular. So it is going slow I worked as a delivery driver to take food orders from restaurants to customers. Usually, the order is ready when I get to the restaurant and sometimes lined up to wait for food to be ready, so overall it is fun to do this job.
Better in a city. Work your own schedule. As you expect, didnt have any problems with the app. Good side income when needed. I would recommend to people.
Pros
own time
Cons
better pay by a city
Sometimes the deliveries of too far for the compensation they give and other times it is very worth it. They provide the platform to earn extra income on your own terms.
Pros
Make your own schedule and earn as much as you want.
Cons
Deliveries are too far for a rediculous low pay, somwtimes.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I don’t think that I was paid enough for my time working at postmates to cover car expenses time and gas expenses. Additionally, they would also take a percentage of your money when you withdrew which I didn’t like
Postmates needs to get their act together before they lose their business. The delivery distances are ridiculous too - driving from South Sac to west sac to Carmichael and you don’t even get 4.00 per delivery. The low pay makes me not really care when I work for post mates. I only use it if the other apps are not busy. You make half working for postmates than you do for door dash. Post mates is for like high school kids who want to make some money on the side. Thirdly, in between deliveries, you pick up new orders so it takes a while for us to deliver to the customers and they are super unhappy and don’t tip... which perpetuates the low pay and weak work culture at postmates. Overall, the company is headed in a bad or wrong direction.
Cons
The Fleet app is always freezing on me. One customer said I was not moving, driving when I was driving. Some customers are cheap and do not even tip. I would recommend Grub Hub or Uber Eats.
Pros
Flexible schedule, you choose your hours.
Cons
Fleet app is not so great, lower pay than the other food delivery services
Its easy to log in and wait for orders to come thur for pick up and delivery I like it the app is easy to login and get orders right away I like that.
Pros
Work own schedule
postmate is the worst delivery app so far. they dont tell you how much u will make before u deliver food. a lot time ppl dont tip on that app that put you way below than min wage.
Pros
Cons
everything is bad
Postmates is great for beginner workers, however money is hard to recieve due to some customers not willing to leave a tip, as well as fueling up on gas.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not Enough Money per Delivery
I like working for Postmates. I work when I want to work and pick my own hours. Customers so far tip good. I get tips 90 percent of the time.🤩 You don't see what you are making up front. I accept every order that comes through.
Pros
I pick my own hours and days I work. I can cash out anytime I want.
Cons
When customers cancel there order and you drove to the location.
I like that you choose and you’re your own boss and the app a type of challenges to deliver and get bonuses but the driving around gets kinda old after a while
Pros
You chose the hours
Cons
Drivig around gets boring
Postmates is only as good as you make it! Paying attention to what hours and what areas are best for you are everything! Also give you a change to be your own boss, and run your own business
Pros
Work when you want to
Cons
Alot of the time its slow
Postmate is a good company the schedule is very flexible and it allows you to make a difference to help delivery more convenient for those who can't get the packages or food on there own time
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Don't have none at the moment
Some days I wait for hours before getting any deliveries, and I have to just give up. Other days like Saturday are so busy that I get two orders at the time sent to me and before I can finish those I am getting fast food pickups sent to me. Its feast or famine!
Pros
Good extra income
Cons
Needs better consistency in assigning orders to drivers
This is 1 of 3 companies I have worked at for a while and they still offer you chump change deliveries (that don't even cover gas to pick up or deliver). This is why they hide your pay now, so ppl can't nitpick thru the sh*tty pay. If u need $$ and flexibility.. this is perfect. BuT if you're trying to pay the bills, I would collect a few more delivery jobs. 😜 Best wishes. Stay safe.
Pros
No matter where u are... home, vacation, etc, you can turn the app on and just start working, anything that pops up in that area. It's quick, easy money, flexible hrs and locations.
Cons
Pay has drastically gone down. NoT to mention i Got paid a bunch more in MA then FL.
I like the fact that I can work when I want to. But they need to PAY MORE MONEY. I’m out working in bad weather up and downstairs, carrying sometime heavy packages
It’s didn’t pay me enough literally paid me 3 dollars I love the job cuz I can do it when I want but it’s doesn’t pay enough your better off in a car then riding anything else
Gives plenty of time to yourself to do whatever needs to be done throughout the day. I have a flexible schedule and can work whenever I want to at the click of a button
I have only worked with Postmates for a few months but overall it’s a great company to work for since you are your own boss and you can set your own schedule. It’s a great side job for extra money.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
2.5
2.6
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Postmates.
Career recommendations for Delivery Driver
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more