Postmates
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews for Courier

Courier326 reviews
United States326 reviews
The job is pretty good easy money but there are barely any orders also waste a pretty good anoint of gas they also pay on distance and not how much time you take
It's postmates. what do you expect. THe freedom is nice but the pay is not quite so nice. They gave me a chance, so I'm thankful for that but these days I'd make more money driving for roadie.
Only good as a gig not a career. You receive delivery assignments via phone. The postmate app provides the name and address of the restaurant but doesn't give you a delivery address until you pick up the order from the restaurant when you get the address you freak out the location of the delivery they want you to deliver an order approximately 3-5 miles on bike for only $3.00 no customer tip.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Bad company
The company is exellant. The work is fair, from region to region. The promotions are within, and anybody can take up on the offers. I worked on my activation for schedule deliverys with no hope in actually doing a delivery after the first two weeks. Settled for poor tech. Support and personal devise problems.
Pros
Get to be privately within your own scopes of comfort
Cons
Personal loans are at their high from vehicle to vehicle.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I liked being able to set my schedule to whatever I felt like. Working at different places and locations made it easier for me to do. It was also good to get paid ahead of time.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very low pay
One thing that stands out working with this company is that they are always on top of support and management when delivering and dealing with complicated or complex orders or customers. Relatively is there a good to bad thing that stands out about it is that there is no complete flexibility when it comes down to staying on top of time management and dealing with food industry attitudes and delayed responses.
Pros
Great Customer Experiences and Sense of Self Employment
Cons
Bad Customer Service e.g Food Clients (Mcdonalds, Popeye Employees etc.)
The pay is below average but the flexibility is nice. I like able to work whenever I want to, but you have to work all day to make decent pay. Good for extra money.
You can work whenever you want to but they're hiring so many people that you barely get orders during what's supposed to be peak times, which makes you have to work like a dog to make any money anymore. Tips aren't a guarantee so they should be paying at least the 4 dollars per run like they used to. They only care about their profits. When you are out in a run, they make it hard to even call support. I usually have to make up a severe reason to get assistance from them. They used to have it where you could call support right from within the order. There are random reasons why you will need to contact support and most of them aren't listed in the app while you are in the order. That makes it frustrating.
Pros
Freedom to choose your work schedule
Cons
They're hiring too many people, they dont have adequate support or resources
The money is not comperable to the effort you need to put in to do the job.

Also its very easy to take hits to your rating so be sharp and fast in your deliveries.
Super easy side hustle. Works out to be about minimum wage. Perfect if you have a leased car you're just going to give back anyway so it doesn't matter the miles you're putting on it.
Postmates pays below minimum wage to its drivers and provides little to no benefits under the disguise of hiring you as an “independent contractor.” They also fail to pay you if you drive to a delivery pick up at an establishment that is closed. Your gas, your time and no pay. Many customers don’t tip, so your pay can be as low as $3 per trip/delivery — absolutely demeaning.
I love it do it as a side hustle for a few years now! When i was hitting downtown Chicago hard and regularly id make a weeks pay check in a day and a half.
Like I said it's good to supplement some extra money but not good for a full-time position If you're looking for that you want to add in a few more gigs or get a 9 to 5 job
Postmates is a good job been working for them over 2years. My only issue is the pay to delivery ratio. I feel postmates couriers are underpaid. For postmates to really succeed in business I recommend the payouts be according to the city's minimum wage. I live in NYC minimum wage is $15/per hour.
Get's you interested in the business. Makes you the money you want to earn. Your always wondering how much your gonna make and surprised what kind of tip you get. Even though your not making globs of money it keeps you fit, moving and alive! Pretty interesting job.
I think the company has a lot to work on maybe hourly pay for dedicated employees or people who use it as their only source of of income I use it for spare change or when I need a quick buck. It’s a great company but customer don’t tip well and if they do you have to wait for it
If you're looking for a quick buck, there's no better place. If you're looking for a team to work with, helpful support during technical issues, do not apply. It's great being able to get paid anytime. It's not so great having to use my own vehicle.
Typical day at work I get online it will say 5-9 pm get 10-13 deliveries and you get a 45-60 dollar bonus. I start at 5 or before and if I get an order before 5 it doesn't apply even if it doesn't get delivered until 5:20. Then I sometimes have to wait 30-40 before I get another order unless they come quick.I haven't had a bonus in a long while I'll get to the last one needed and won't get a delivery my last 40 min or I'll be sent out so far that I don't get any deliveries until after 9 pm. I learned I don't always use certain maps because it stops way before your destination that's the hardest part not being able to find the apt or house number nothings lit up. Or you need a gate number and your customer doesn't answer the ph. and how are you supposed to get out off the gate. I never hear from mgr. The people I meet and deliver to are pretty cool. There all walks of life old, young very appreciative of me bringing there food. Best part as soon as I get that first delivery hit my adrenaline kicks in I want to get the food deliver it and hit completed I love that. There happy I'm happy. it's that simple for me.
I live in an area where delivery is high in demand. One can earn good money and do it at the pace they want. Can also deliver on bikes. Good way to earn fast cash as you get paid instantly.
It's great for those who want to earn 20 bucks for headphones and such. As an actual job to make a living, it's going to be incredibly difficult. It's enjoyable to drive everywhere, but the gas and wear on your car is not worth it. Just be patient, you will find something better out there.
You can choose your own hours which is probably the best part. You need to stay active like every 2 weeks or else they take you off. Something to do on the side.