Postmates
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews for Courier Driver

Courier Driver92 reviews
United States92 reviews
The whole flexibility thing is great but they really don't value your time and pay you almost nothing in the hopes that the customer would tip well. Most of the time there was no tip and some days I made $4 an hour. Worst job ever.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Terrible Pay
I work 20-25 hours a week and this is my 3rd week. So far I have made 1500.00 part time. I averaged 75-120 in 4-5 hours. I love working for Postmates if you want to make money you have to be committed go online except deliveries and don’t think about the pay
Pros
No schedule earn when you want
Cons
Excepting deliveries and not know how far it is
I worked here shortly and was very enthusiastic to do so but I found trouble using my card (apparently the magnetic strip didn’t work). The orders were far and after spending a long time trying to figure out the card situation as well as driving across town, I was paid $3. This is a company that requires too much effort for too little money.
great for a college student trying to work around their schedule. pay can be iffy based on location and how well people will tip but it’s a great job for people who have other priorities.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Being a Postmates courier has been an abhorrent experience for me. The Fleet app which is used to accept deliveries for is atrocious. The navigation system in it might as well be from another planet because it gives you directions to the wrong addresses, directs you to absolutely nowhere sometimes (I once got directed to train tracks), and if you try restarting the directions within the app, it will change the actual destination! You're better off entering the directions manually.

The pay is awful, the base payment is $1.40 in my area and in others it can be even lower. They pay you a whopping $0.07 per mile and gas is pretty expensive in my city. You have to rely on the generosity of the customers to tip you. The app sometimes has "guaranteed income" and make it seem like you can earn a lot of money in a few hours of work...until you have to pay for gas. You might be thinking "oh, just get an electric car or use a bicycle". Well, I already have the gas-powered car so an electric car would be way too expensive and delivery options for bicycles are severely limited in my area. And even if you have an electric car and only have to pay for charging, I still wouldn't recommend it because you'd still be making an abysmally-low salary. And when more and more people sign up to deliver for Postmates, they just keep lowering the pay to keep up with the influx of new workers.

The Fleet app acts up from time-to-time, sometimes I flat-out can't swipe to compete the pickup or delivery because of "server issues" (FIX YOUR SERVERS, THEN). And sometimes when I complete a delivery and open
 - more...
Pros
No boss/supervisor, no fixed hours
Cons
Misleading payment promises, terrible app, terrible pay, high delivery fees, no on-the-job help
communication with customer service is bad. They don't speak English, their app always has glitches, walmart orders are a mess. Plus they only pay you a bonus of $1 for multi cases of water. Customers do not tip and think they are entitled and treat you like a slave.
You do not kniw the customers location until you pick up order.
Pros
daily cash out
Cons
non tippers, poor pay
If you can set a decent schedule and stick to it, it is not hard to succeed and make a decent paycheck with Postmates. However the individual deliveries do not net you much money so you have to be dedicated.
It's very difficult to make a living off of Postmates. They offer nice guaranteed earnings for new drivers, which are admittedly fairly good amounts, but after you meet that initial goal, it's downhill from there. Very, very minimal earnings, next to no mileage compensation, and nonexistent driver support. Look elsewhere for a delivery job.
Pros
Truly flexible schedule, PerkSpots benefits
Cons
Poor support team, low wages
Independent contract work, which means you have out of pocket costs, occasionally. You are your own boss, but customer comlaplaints can be rerouted to home office. Working when you want is definitely worth checking into. Just make sure you have a fuel/maintenance friendly vehicle and this could be the gig for you!
Postmates is scamming during the coronavirus since you cant contact them with the pandemic. They are currently NOT paying out the mandated $3 base pay when paying out bonuses. They are trying to add the bonus in BEFORE the pay. So i made 2.42 for ONE ORDER plus the $2 bonus. This is happening with ALL of my short dropoffs. This is complete bs and should be reported to BBB.
When I first started with Postmates it was good and I made money. In the last few weeks the entire system seems to be failing the workers. Low offers, late offers, and tips have declined as well. I have been treated rudely by restaurant staff and even refused service. They need to revisit the partnership with some entities and find a solution.
Postmates should be banned from NYC
How is it possible that a company can operate in NYC promoting job fairness when the maximum pay per each delivery is $7. The rate varies from $3 to $4 per delivery. And usually that is the amount they pay per hour. Their promotional strategy is also tricky. They advertise that they will pay $65/10 deliveries guaranteed if you meet their criteria. However, when you are close to meet their criteria the app keep sending you out of the region they defined as valid.

and a region
Convenient always come in handy when some extra money is needed and can work whenever you are ready it has good incentives to make more money and I learn a lot about new restaurants
Chill job, driving around with windows down and music playing. Work when you want to take orders, so very flexible. Tips sometimes. Introduces you to new food places to try.
Nice to work when you want but the downsides are they don't give you your tips they give you someone else's tip and there is no reimbursement for the depreciation and wear and tear on your vehicle. Plus if you are in a rural area not as much money as if you worked in a city. There also are cuts in how much you get paid .according to what area you are working
Long wait time for deliveries. Underpaid. No room for advancement. Recent paycuts. Not worth delivering for the anymore. Long pick up no pay for that time
Any time I've needed money right then and there, as long as it's under $50, I'll make that in a day. You get what you put in. Pay rate is more for a high schooler. I once noticed they capped my waiting time at 15 minutes despite me waiting over an hour. Dont rely on this to pay all the Bill's, but you'll be alright with postmates as a side income.
Pros
Quick money
Cons
Not a completely real job
Nashville drivers make 56 cents a mile. Market very slow. Avg $3 per trip. You make more from customers giving you tips vs what you actually make doing the delivery. Looking to do something else, because working with them is not worth it anymore.
Very diverse work environment, met and interacted with new clients on daily basis, provided customers with extraordinary service. Provided with the option of creating a schedule that was very adjustable.
Postmates claims that you can make up to 15 dollars per hour and that's very generous because sometimes you can't even make 12 dollars in an hour. I would not recommend anybody to work for postmates.
Unless you’re in a market like NYC or somewhere else with minimal driving distance involved, this is hardly a “gig”. You would probably make more money panhandling at a busy intersection. The company pretty much exploits desperate people willing to work for next to nothing. It might help as a safety net to cover a few bills if you’re between jobs, have no other source of income or savings, and don’t mind sacrificing the life of your vehicle in the process. But in my experience, in a 10 hour day from 10a to 8p, I’d use $20 of gas @ $2/gal, drive roughly 200 miles and gross about $80 after tips (at best only half of customers tip). Subtract the $20 in gas and you net $60 for 10 hours of work. But wait, you’re a 1099 contractor, therefore subject to double taxes because you’re self employed, so you’ll only keep at best 80% of that $60. So $48 in 10 hours, about $5/hr, but only if you save all of your receipts for tax season. In summary, great gig if you want the flexibility to make less than minimum wage whenever you want.