Postmates
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative49 reviews
United States49 reviews
nice people to work for, not a bad place to work however it is a perfect middle ground , middle of the road place to work at and I have no complaints
Shame on you, postmates.  You always get my orders wrong.  Stop hiring overseas employees who can't translate simple English! Your deliverers are expected to clean up YOUR messes. You belong in jail!!!!
Must like to drive and be friendly and patient. Sometimes down time is long til u get your first order after that hardly any time orders come in back to back
Postmates is fun job and gives you freedom and independence to work own hours you want, Flexible and company is very supportive and well-run with good management.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A typical day of work at Postmates is making sure all orders are completed in a timely fashion. I have learned to work as quickly as possible in order to complete all deliveries.
Customer service or support with assisting the customers was almost non existent. Orders will take you all over the area. The most enjoyable is assisting customers
It's an easy job....just pick up customer food and deliver it to them. I enjoy getting what the customer wants to them quickly. I like it when they tip me.
I love working with customers and making their day to day easier and less stressful. I am able to make my own hours and I don't have to worry about finding day care for my kids.
Pros
make my own hours
Cons
no cons
Two orders in two months, I’m in midtown manhattan in the red zone on the map. I use an iPhone X. Not worth the wait day after day after day of absolutely nothing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Postmates?
Been very active with Postmates since I arrived in Denver. Been consistently working part time while I find work from home. O have had an amazing time working with the company.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
The best part about Postmates would be how quickly you can start earning money. Once you get approved through background checks and receive your card and bag you can start. Customers were typically friendly and gave great tips as long as you did your job well. Sometimes finding someone to deliver to was difficult due to distance, but depending on the time of day you can work around that. The app was also easy to use and the only small stress was making sure you got everything the customer ordered.
Fun and laid back. Have to meet requirements . Management is very understanding unless they are pressured by superiors on certain issues. Overall it’s a decent job.
I worked from home and made my own schedule. Flexible hours allowed you to work as much as you wanted. I was my own manager and I learned patience and how to manage my time.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes it was slow
stress free job, great side gig, people are happy to see you, the wait time between deliveries can be hours, adding too many miles on your vehicle, can only be tipped 60% of the time
Pros
work when you want
Cons
wait between deliveries
Working there was always fun. They have great perks. Not the best place to be if you don't like fast paced work. People are really easy to talk to and they have events all the time.
I barely get a lot of deliveries while being in a area where it's mainly being used the used. It would take me hours before I receive an order. I've been working there since October 2017 and I haven't been making any money since.
To much wear and tear on vehicles. No employee support phone number. pay to low. To many people are doing this now. Calls are getting less and less. Not worth it.
Contract work. Work from the convenience of your home. Initial on-the job training was little confusing. The company offered flexible hours. Unfortunately, not enough calls to keep everyone busy. The pay is too low, should be increased drastically per call completed.
Pros
Convenience to work-from-home
Cons
Low pay
Honestly good pay and GREAT benefits. They have office snacks and unlimited coffee and, depending on your shift, free meals.

Now... If you're on the day shift you get all the cool hip extra perks; free food, guest speakers, actual time to work with paid volunteer activities, sounds cool. Night shift is treated like the ugly step child. We get a dollar more but it's not really worth it. They say when you start you'll have to do it for a few months then a "few" becomes 6 then 9 now it's up to a list of qualifications on IF you can. Doesn't matter if you have things outside your life that require a shift change.

Now I'm all for doing the job well, no matter your department, but don't try to impress. If you work too hard you'll be stuck i your position because, well why would they move a hard worker out of the lower paying position? If you want to move up you HAVE to have friends in EVERY department. If there's one person who doesn't like you OR you just don't know someone, it's pretty unlikely you will... again, despite your hard work. Do the job but save your energy.

Watch out for the "quality" team. They don't really have a manager so you HAVE to stay on their good side no matter what. They basically control your career here. Literally.

It's a great starter/ in between job but unless you're a pro at schmoozing, then...
Pros
snacks, unlimited coffee, GREAT insurance, decent pay, can listen to music while you work
Cons
picky managers, hard to move up, unfair shift assignments, lack of job security
you work your own hours, no benefits at all, pay isnt great just depends how far and where you drive to and from, there are certain hours of the day when it's busy that you can get paid more for each delivery
Pros
own hours
Cons
low pay and using lots of gasoline
A great place to work for folks who have no qualms with quantity over quality. If you are not morally or ethically sound, go for it. Employees are rewarded for skirting the system, cherry picking and manipulating data to resolve the maximum tickets per hour to temporarily reduce the tickets in queue. Of course in the big picture, those tickets inevitably return two or three fold, often escalating. Do not expect answers for any of your questions - not even the obvious and easy ones. The Politicians reply is common practice among anyone in a supervisory role. Management is insufficient in retrieving accurate data; likely due to the lack of knowledge of the data systems.There is no consistency between departments nor even team leads, on disciplinary actions. The right person may get promoted or receive special benefits despite 9 attendance points while another agent will be disqualified from applying for a lateral position with 4 attendance points.

The intended culture and values the company was built upon has been replaced by Administrators who were selected despite their failure at previous customer operation centers. The culture has become a "big box type" management experience.