Postmates Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 535 reviews matching the search See all 1,477 reviews
Work when you want.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2019
Post mates allows you to work when you are ready. With that being said its not.meant to be a full time job. The job allows you to make one the spot money when needed. That is what makes it a great gig.
Pros
Pays the same day. Bonus opportunity.
Cons
Peak hours are the only times to make potential pay.
Postmates delivery
Postmates Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2019
I averaged abt $3.97 base pay per order, each order was a very long distance either to the pickup location and/or to the dropoff location, i had signed up for the bonus where if you complete 110 deliveries then you get $1000, but on my first day i noticed they only counted 4 out of the 11 deliveries i had done that day with no explanation why they did not count the other 7, so i emailed them but they sent me a very random response that had nothing to do with my question
Pros
Cons
Lack of pay for the mileage and time for the distance, you would hope to do more than just 1 delivery every 45minutes, and tips arent great if most deliveries are for cheap fast food
fun
Postmates Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 18, 2019
it was a good experience. It was a different atmosphere with some hardships but I was able to overcome those hardships and conquer the tasks I was given
Good for time management
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2019
A typical day consisted in opening the app, going online, and start driving. I learned how to balance my time between work and school. There is a lot of people working for Postmates so you can find carriers everywhere. The hardest part was finding parking space to pick up orders and deliver them. What I like most about the job was meeting new people and getting to drive around the city.
Pay is too little for that much miles put on
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2019
Average is $4 a delivery and sometimes the tips count for more than the delivery pays. Pay is too little barely pays for gas used. Management is highly responsive also great contact methods to merchants and clients
Pretty good side job.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 16, 2019
I made good money in 3 hours made 20 dollars not including cash tips. Great side job. Do it on your way home from work... Any time. Be your own boss! You can use this code and get paid after 30 deliveries fl-qzah6!
22Hr? Lmfao
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2019
No way you make $22hr doing deliveries. They must mean corporate or management.I hustled 8hrs straight and was lucky to pull off $70 a day. I'm talking NYC during peak hours. Plus the bonuses they offer for doing a certain amount of deliveries in a certain time are almost impossible. Also you have to watch where you park, since some restaurants are in no standing zones.. It's a good side gig, but not full time.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Low salary, long hours, parking tickets.
Great
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2019
Being able to make your own schedule is great.And meeting new people makes your day even better.I have learned that my patients is getting better each week
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no cons
Easy
Postmates Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Maywood, CASeptember 15, 2019
Nothing hard pick up orders and deliver just make sure before you leave the store you ask the worker to see if everything there is right. I get to choose when I wanted to work so that was plus as well.
Inconsistent
Postmates Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2019
This job barely has orders coming in, therearetoo many delivery service companies now. A lot of the time I supposedly don't get tips from customers,which I don't believe, I believe my tips are being taken. Work like 4-6 hours and get maybe 6-7 orders.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, low pay, no gas stipend, independent contractor
Postmates food delivery
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2019
This is one of the worst companies because there is no support at all,you don't know how long they're going to be sitting in the car even though you see orders out there none are coming your way! Some days it will be lit up red and you will have no orders and some days it will be white and you don't see any orders and then you'll start to get orders. You're just randomly taking a chance. This is a job if you just need gas money buy hash brown a
Excellent
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2019
Typical day at work would be assuring that my car has enough gas to do a good amount of deliveries. Had to pick up orders and drop them off to the customer as quickly as possible. Hardest part was where I could station my car, so i dont receive a ticket.
I quickly learned Postmates passive-aggressive attitude
self employed delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Kitsap County, WASeptember 12, 2019
Postmates pays little
Does not organize your pickups and deliveries well
Postmates does not really care about its drivers.
Postmates is not considered about the self employment expenses that their drivers have to put out.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, too much mileage, too much wear and tear on your vehicle and the dangers of delivering to strangers.
Love it
Postmates Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CASeptember 11, 2019
Great job for la county area. Keeps you very busy. pays is ok. Fun job if you love serving others( which I do). Not much in Orange County for postmates but if you drive a little distance you can get work. Easy to use application and self explanatory job description. Day goes by quick.
Customer should tip. Some people don’t know that postmates requires them to add a tip, they think it’s included in service so you end up losing tip$.
Pros
Stay busy
Cons
Not enough work
Horrible in my area, may work for others
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 11, 2019
Started ok. Worked a month and had business the whole time. The longest I waited for an order was half an hour. Next month, get half the orders. I think their algorithm gives priority to new drivers. Then they lowered the rates of pay. Doesn't work anymore. Not worth the time/gas.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
terrible pay that got worse
Looking to join a fast growing company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 11, 2019
This job can be very demanding at times but I enjoy the challenge. You may be pulled in more than one direction. You must have a problem solving since there is no supervision.
Pros
Liberal work schedule and must be a go get her if you want to be successfulher if
Cons
There is no direction if a question was to arise
Postmares
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  From Atlanta G.A. to Syracuse N.Y.September 10, 2019
It's a good networking Arena but the pay for each delivery is trash unless they are offering a bonus along with each delivery. We're at the end of the day it comes in when you need to get money. Also it's based on the area or the city that you work in cuz the more deliveries the more money less than the reason less money if it ain't busy got a bad day.
$3 - $5 per delivery
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 8, 2019
The job is fun, but the orders will not keep you busy. Expect to wait 10 or 20 or more for the next order to come in. Don't bank on tips, those are rare.

Pro: This is easier to pick up and deliver than other services where you have to shop at a grocery store.

Con: Customer service is not available if you need help right now. Sometimes you have to wait for orders
Terrible, slow paced, not much money to be made
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2019
App crashes a lot. Only get around $4 for every order no matter how far or how much the order was. You can drive 20 mins away just for the customers to cancel the order. Now you’ve wasted time and gas. Guess that comes with this business. One customer wanted a popeyes chicken sandwich, so I drove all the way to popeyes just for them not to have any, so I could not complete my delivery which effects me on the app. If you can’t complete a certain amount of deliveries, the app then suspends you whether its your fault or not. The tips suck. Overall not worth it. Fina
Future Postmate Drivers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 8, 2019
Please do not waste your time with postmates. They deactive for no reason and when you prove them wrong with the excuse they give you they simply tell you that it can not be reversed. I do not recommend working with them at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight