Postmates
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery Driver865 reviews
United States865 reviews
Postmates would be an unbeatable if they took their Drivers serious. I’m glad DoorDash is a more reliable app for both the driver and the customer with postmates there isn’t enough demand let alone payouts are jokes especially when your using your personal vehicle i didn’t however makes $3800 in less than 3months time.
Pros
You’re your own boss
Cons
Not enough Incentives
Pro is the money. A con is the number of deliveries. The amount of money can be very low. make sure to only accept certain deliveries as most are not worth it.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Money
I work at Postmates for some side cash as a second job. Good and bad days rely heavily on tips. A customer can choose not to tip. Sometimes you have to order the food and pay with your postmates card and menu or location could be incorrect leading to inaccurate compensation. Live support was an absolute nightmare. I've had to wait 30 minutes just to speak with someone. The person I spoke with was extremely unprofessional and actually got aggressive with me and wouldn't let me speak and hung up on me.
Pros
Flexibility, Tips, Instant cash out
Cons
Management, Option not to tip, Distance to restaurant
Decent pay, you can chose to go online and pickup deliveries when you please. During busy hours they sometimes offer bonuses on a per delivery basis. Overall fairly pleased.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I would go to work, turn on the app and wait for a job. I would end up waiting hours for a single delivery. I was paid fairly for each job that I did, but I was unable to earn enough money to continue working at Postmates. If you have time to pick up a single delivery, it's a good side hustle, but it is nearly impossible to make any good money doing this job.
Postmates is good if there are lots of deliveries in your area. However any other time you are making no money. One thing I did not like at all was the fact that I would deliver for 5-6 hours per day and only bring in about $30 dollars per day, which is not good enough for what I needed personally. This may be a good job if you are just looking for a side income or anything of that sorts.
Pros
Cons
Wear and tear on your vehicle, low pay.
Self employed driver delivering when other work days are slower. This job has allowed for more practice of safe driving and clear communication between strangers more than any counter experience has. I enjoy the freedom to work at whatever hours of the day I choose and for how long I desire.
It is a decent job but not enough to pay my bills and rent. Also i am putting alot of miles on my personal vehicle and i spend alot on fuel. I like that its work when you want to
Of course now most everyone knows that being a self-contracted delivery driver will not pay sufficient income on itself alone. No matter the platform it does not pay enough. Best bet would be working two jobs or being online ALL DAY. Around my area no one orders enough delivery.
You may choose when is the best time for you, before or after work, it definitely does help when you’ve got a lot going on. I love how I can make some deliveries & then take alil lunch break on the lake or uptown. Pretty cool. One of issues are, if I’ve driven 20-30 mins across town and they’ve canceled, we should be reimbursed for the time, energy & gasoline waisted. (That’s happened multiple times.)
Pros
Meeting new people & friends, somewhat of a traveling experience. Relief from having to work and stand/stay in one place.
Cons
App issues/bugs. No benefits, but that’s kind of understandable. Delivery distances vary.
This is not a job, this is more of a side hustle for me. I took this on knowing it wasn't going to pay generously. But for the actual job itself, its super easy. I made 27 dollars in my first hour ever working for them. Of course that varies. I would not recommend this job to someone that is looking for a full-time position, but to anyone looking to make supplemental income, definitely give it a shot!
Pros
Work-life balance, make own hours, good excuse to get out of the house
Cons
Occasional unfair pay. Occasional difficulty with orders.
I give Postmates 5 stars because they pay you good money depending on your tips you get. I strongly recommend anyone to work for Postmates whoever is looking for a job this is the one.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I work minimum of 5 1/2 hours of work on afternoon and at least 5 days per week. It depends of your working area but sometimes it goes a real slow and sometimes I wouldn't get any service call over 40 minutes. It's a real wasting time. The place where I am currently working as San Bernardino area, it goes average of $11-$14 per hour of pay working condition (of courseley, you must use your own car gas cost included that amount). Wherever if you delays to pick up any merchants, the postmate pays for wait time, but it pays about $1 per hour base. That's a real ridiculous amount of pay.
Pros
Flexible time to work : Anytime you can commit into a work
Cons
Not enough pay the amount time your work : It depends on your working area
At first it was amazing, now I’m starting to see my hours drop due to a lot of new hiring. You’ll see a lot of other post mates in the city or in the stores.
I think this is a good starting job for anyone trying to make some side money. Also it allows you to make your own schedule which is very nice because you can work whenever you want
Pros
Make ur own schedule
Cons
Pay depends on tips
Delivering for postmates is pretty cool, i pick my own scedule as well as hours and its nice bejng able to be your own boss. But since corona its been pretty slow.
Not enough pay for what you do. Long wait sometimes for food and u only get paid three to four dollars sometimes. I do like being able to work when i want .
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Not paid enough..wear and tear on your car.
I could get at least one call per hour, if I'm lucky. Most of the day, I'm stagnant waiting. There are times I'll drive and the map is wrong, or sends me in a 5 mile circle to go half a mile away. Then not even get a tip for shopping and all that time it took. What a disappointment.
Pros
If you have time to waste, this is perfect.
Cons
Maps aren't accurate. Use 2 map apps. People don't always tip. Sometimes there's no parking.
I have earned a couple of hundred, then they blocked me (this was in January 2020, I was hit by another car and I could not deliver the order. And since I had two orders on hand, they blocked me for multiple (!) violation of the rules. ). Until now, they haven't paid a cent. You better not mess.
Pros
Work when U want
Cons
Don't pay
Post mates will not pay you very well per order. Post mates has barely any promotions to help you make more money. The customer always seem to be rude as well.
● Overall
I enjoy the autonomy and flexibility of this job! Postmates as a whole finds multiple ways to make sure that drivers are beneficially protected! I’m sure that if I lived in a different location my experience would be greater!