Postmates
Information from Postmates:

Postmates Employee Reviews for Driver

Driver368 reviews
United States368 reviews
Pro is money. A con is the amouny of money. The amount of monwy is low. They need to make the amount of money hire for all of the independent contractors.
Pros
Money
Cons
Amount
I’ve completed almost 5 deliveries within an hour & I literally got less than $20. Save your gas , yeah you choose your own schedule but you could make way more money with something else .
I enjoy self motivation over having a boss I report to. All you have to do is go out and do it in the right places at the right time. I enjoyed working for Postmates
Pros
Instant payroll
Cons
Not Constant enough for full time work
Doing side gigs you should expect to make as much income than retail stores BUT this side gig in particular almost guarantees you that you don't get paid. large orders are usually 4-5 dollars and it takes around 30 minutes to fulfill including going to the store to dropping off at customers home. If you where to work and manage to make 10-14 per hour you would be at a loss because you have to pay for the gas and it is troublesome. The only great thing that's good is the app. The app is much easy to use and you can sign on whenever you'd like to start working and you don't have to schedule yourself like the other apps. If your under 21 then this is the app for you but otherwise don't bother and get a retail position.
Pros
Cons
Pay is too low
I enjoyed meeting new people, having fun, and having a flexible work at my own pace. I was able to chose my own hours, and I love to drive. The pay as good as what you put into it but you can get paid everyday or you can get paid at the end of the week.which ever work for you.
Pros
You guarantee a pickup and delivery
Cons
It can be at fast pace and then nice and slow down
I like working delivery gigs. Depending on your area it can be busy. Covid-19, has put a lot of people out of work, however it has boosted business. I'm a bit weary of the pay structure. It can definitely be improved.
Pros
Flexibility, good music, friendly customers, chose which deliveries you want to take.
Cons
Low base pay
I found that working as a Fleet driver, I was able to work around my schedule rather than schedule around my work, which was the most appealing facet.
Postmates is a terrible company to work for. They offer blitz bonuses to ensure their work gets done then hold your last trip to prevent you from reaching the goal and getting the extra financial incentive. Most trips (not including if customer leaves a tip) pay $2.98! That’s what I said. That’s not even the lowest which was $2.62 of pay to get in vehicle, drive to restaurant, pick up food then deliver to customer all for a whopping $2.62. That’s absurd! Definitely not worth the trouble.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Little pay
Been driving for Postmates for about a month now...everything was going okay until today...I completed a delivery but the app wasn't working properly so I was unable to swipe the "Complete Drop Off" button. Window kept popping up saying "Whoops, something went wrong...try again soon." Well, I kept trying for over 5 HOURS and got same lame pop up. I finally looked online for phone number to ca....call
Pros
Good tips, okay pay
Cons
App doesn't work properly, no support number readily available....get an IT tech that knows what they are doing!!!
Unbelievable the rates paid to drivers. When all said and done with fuel,wear &tear on your vehicle and time you will make less than minimum wage. They also set unreasonable goals to hit bonus pay. Its almost impossible to get the 8 deliveries you need in the time allocated when you have to drive 30min to the drop off and you have to drive 30min back to an area where you can get another deliver. So 8 delivers in 5 hrs?? You do the math.
Pros
Work on your schedule
Cons
extremely low pay
This job is flexible. You can choose when you want to work and when you want to take a break. However, there are times where a delivery is more work than you bargained for. For example, when you accept a Walmart pickup and delivery, the customer that you're delivering to usually orders a trunk-full of groceries along with heavy items such as multiple gallons of juices/milk and many cases of bottled water; and they want you to carry everything up 3 flights of stairs as they live on the third floor of an apartment. This type of delivery can and will take up a full hour or more of your time not to mention the amount of your own physical strength. As for the vehicle that you drive, you are better off driving a car that you don't really care about as far as putting miles, strain, wear and tear on it; otherwise, you'd experience a tremendous amount of depreciation on it. Also, expect your auto insurance premiums to go up if your insurance company finds out that you are using your vehicle to make deliveries. Oh, sometimes, you won't be able to find parking so you might have to park far away from the pickup point which means you have to walk the rest of the way--when this happens, it eats up your time and lessens the amount of pay per hour. I should also mention that some merchants take longer than 10 minutes (sometimes up to 30 minutes) to get the order ready for you to pick up--which means you spend time just waiting around. This next thing rarely happens but when it does, do not cooperate with anyone who calls you and says they are with Postmates--they are scammers who will - more...
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Awful pay, depreciation on vehicle, higher auto insurance, requires physical strength
I have been completely disappointed with this company. I frequently and don't even bother Turning the app on. A lot of times you will get an order if it's a distance away it cancels and you don't get paid for any of the time that you spent trying to complete the order. If I don't like you I will give you a referral to post mates. There is very little to no support and if there is a problem you're on your own.
Pros
Sure it's flexible but half the time I don't get paid.
Cons
You will waste a lot of time chasing after orders and not get paid.
I have worked for postmates and found you can barely get through to a person if there is a problem (which often there is)! The app messes up a bit! Walmart pickups are a mess🙁 people unfortunately do not tip much or at all and during a pandemic it’s just not worth it!
Pros
None really
Cons
Too many to write
I became a Postmates Fleet driver as COVID-19 took it's grip; I thought it would be a great way to help the community and make some extra cash on the side. It's only a shame Postmates doesn't offer a decent level of support to it's Fleet drivers.

1. Substandard Fleet app - the app is buggy, CPU hungry, is very power inefficient and constantly crashes. 'Live Support' (somewhat ironically named) might as well be called Lifeless Support; the options are not intuitive, you often have to repeatedly hit options (e.g 'Merchant is Closed) for the app to accept your response. Everytime Postmates updates their app, they cause several bug elsewhere.

2. Outdated menus - Postmates are terrible at ensuring that menus are kept up-to-date; for those orders where the Fleet driver has to 'Order & Pay' at a Merchant, I have often heard the phrase "...we discontinued that item xx months/years ago".

3. Postmates put 'Merchants' on their platform without their permission. Some Merchants do not want to be on delivery platforms because they cannot ensure the quality of food, when travels. I receive abuse daily from angry merchants who have repeatedly asked to be removed from Postmates platform and occasionally get told to 'get lost' and am refused. I don't blame these Merchants - 20% Postmates fee, plus already squeezed margins is slowly bleeding out independent Merchants.

4. Disorganized order process - I have frequently arrived at merchants, only to find that Postmates has not placed the order at the Merchant and / or have sent another Fleet driver to pick-up the order and leaving me
 - more...
Pros
Flexible hours
Postmates is one of the worst companies to work for, dont support drivers and its racked with hackers stealing drivers information and their money from their accounts. I drove for them for a month and made $1,100 and got a call from postmates to verify my delivery bc of a stolen credit card. They knew my name and delivery. I reset my account and they stole my earnings. They do not do anything to warn drivers or fix the problem although its rampant. Complaints go nowhere and you can't talk to anyone. Bad customer service and credit card info is not safe. Use another company and stay away from Postmates!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor employee support, no communication channel with company and drivers, hackers are taking over and probably inside job
Illegal wages after factoring in time for delivery and the fact maybe 1 or 2 people out of 5 to 7 orders will tip you end up loosing money if you just feel like riding around for no reason joyriding and want to pay for gas and food great but if you want to pay car note and any other bills I'd say it is impossible and a waste of time
Order came in at 10:51am EST. Order was dropped off at 1:00pm EST. I was only paid for 15 minutes when my wait time was close to an hour. This is UNACCEPTABLE! I EXPECT to be paid for my time just like you all are paid by the customers. I'm an honest worker & things are HARD ENOUGH with everything that's going on! Then you can only contact support via EMAIL! WTF?? Originally, it was great with the incentive offered when you start. But after the goal is reached, your orders & pay GO DOWN!
If you retired like I am and want to get out of the house so your wife doesn't drive you nuts its a great job. Pays for my golf. Now the truth of the matter you may make 6.00 an hour. Trust me could make more money selling flowers on the corner. Most jobs pay you 3 to 4 dollars and if your lucky will get tips maybe half the time. This week I have delivered 34 times and 238.00 in earnings. Driven 300 miles. You do the math. LOL
I had great responsibility because I had to make sure I delivered each food item at a specific time. I had to make sure all the food items were inside each bag and that the customer's received their orders at the door. The most enjoyable part was when I got to be face to face with customers.
Postmates lets you choose when you work, and where you work. I have been doing it for about a week, and I have made over $500-$600, working an average of 3.5 hours a day. In one night, it’s possible to make over $150. It is a great side hustle to have from your main job. Being in Phoenix, there are multiple areas where there is always deliveries happening. Only thing I would recommend is knowing where the nicer neighborhoods are and driving around there for deliveries. It good because you’ll get to go in to (possibly) multi-million dollar neighborhoods being able to see all the nicer homes and areas in your city, which means bigger tips (I made over $60 in two deliveries because of this). It is a great “job” to have if you are looking for some extra cash to have on the side!
Was out doing a delivery like normal that day. then got a delivery that need me to contact postmates while I still had an order to deliver. I picked up the order and contacted postmates like requested. They told me someone complained that it wasn't me delivering the order which I then had to verify it was me with fleet staff. I answered all their questions and was told my account would take awhile to reactivate I then asked what to do with the two deliveries I was working on and they said to dispose of them. I waited an hour and then got a message saying I could no longer work with postmates. I emailed them asking why I have been terminated for violating fleet terms of service when I did nothing wrong. Then they get back to me and said I took orders without delivering them when I was told to dispose of them and that's why I'm terminated. I re-explained everything even that I was told to dispose of the order and was told the decision was final long story short don't work for postmates