Postmates

Driver413 reviews
United States413 reviews

Found 413 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,381 reviews
deliveryappboscustomorderdeliverhourdrive

They were great until they decided I was working too much to get paid

They don't care about they're customers or employees and it gives you a sense of helplessness. It was nice when they were forced to treat us like employees who spend most of their day working and actually paid us for it, but it's horrible now that they are owned by Uber

Pros

Helping people who want my help

Cons

They don't care about anyone

Fun place to work

Really enjoy the people and coming as A delivery driver makes sure the customer's products arrive at their destination at an arranged time and in good condition. Other responsibilities for this position may include: Packing, loading and unloading items onto and from the vehicle. Checking with the customer the items delivered are correct I love each task a day

Postmates insights

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Future and opportunities uncertain

The ease of use and hours of choice are good. The app should offer drivers a queue to see so they can have some sense or when they are likely to be offered a delivery. Uber acquisition makes future very uncertain as does Prop 22.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Hit or miss off peak and canceled orders suck

Orders should be ready when drivers get to store

OverallMy experience working at Postmates The thing I don’t like about Postmates is, us drivers don’t get compensated for driving 25 mins to a store, just to deliver the product 4 blocks from the store and get paid 3$ for 45 minutes of my time. Another problem is the drivers having to take the orders themselves (which takes unnecessarily too long)

Slow. Average orders are like $3

Your lucky to see your trips in 3-5 days. Sometimes not are all. Or not until that person devices to use the app again. It sucks when your only making $3 deliveries and no tips for days.

Pros

Cons

Pay

Good....for if you are only needing a little extra cash.

This job is, unfortunately, not something to survive on (unless you're employed elsewhere at the same time). Yes, you make your own hours by going online or offline whenever you wish, and while it's great that they no longer use ratings to determine your ability to work, there are still disadvantages to the job. If you are trying to support a family of four (yourself included), while also renting, trying to budget for gas, household cleaning supplies, and food, then I have bad news for you. This isn't the job to be in unless you are frequently going online, and are working from dawn till dusk, every single day. I see a lot of people leaving positive reviews, stating that it's great, but I don't feel like that captures the reality of working for Postmates when you're struggling, and are the only person working. It is DIFFICULT. People don't normally tip, even when you provide extra care (making sure they get napkins and utensils, keeping the food warm/cold depending on the order, getting their second options directly from them if a drink is unavailable, etc.), and you aren't paid by the hour, you're paid by the mileage it takes to get from the restaurant (after picking up their food) to the customer. Mileage is not considered while en route to the restaurant to pick up the order, and if you're planning to head home from there, that mileage isn't factored into your pay, either. Another issue is being unable to set a delivery radius. I get so many repetitive orders that take me on base, and I constantly have to decline those orders because it simply is NOT worth it. The gas -

Pros

Flexible hours, some scenery to enjoy

Cons

No delivery radius preferences to adjust, fleet support minimal, gas usage, base pay fluctuates excessively, no guarantee of pay or tips, no holiday pay or paid time off, no chance for advancement

Great way to trade your car's value for cash

If you want to pull equity out of your vehicle while wasting time Postmates is a great opportunity. $1.50 to show up at restaurant $0.07 a minute to wait at restaurant for the order $1.00 to drop off and a mere $0.45 per mile only when you have the customers food in the car. An average day of 6 hours here will yield 6 deliveries at just under $30 before tips and about 80 miles on your car. The IRS rate for vehicle use is about $50 for 80 miles so you finished the day losing $20 after expenses.

Pros

can work whenever and wherever you want

Cons

lose money after expenses. get a predatory loan it makes better financial sense

You can make money, but!

In my personal opinion, they seem to consider the deliverymen as slaves.I think the every drivers know.The other driver picked up my customer’s order 1~2 times in a day.The restaurant staff says, "The other driver has already picked it up."But if I always check with customers, they say they didn't get the food.When I ask them who the driver is and where the food has disappeared, postmates don't answer the question.The restaurant staff called support today. And restaurant made the food again. The restaurant got the money 2 times. I took over the phone. And i ask them who the driver is and where the food has gone. They talked coldly to me“The restaurant will give you the food. So You just have to deliver it to the customer. Ok?” Every restaurant, they can call the support center even at late hours.But every drivers cannot call them. And If you cancels when the restaurant says another driver has already picked up the food, the order is handed over to the next driver. Then the next driver goes through the same situation.If there are no drivers, postmates should know that they are not either.The customers pay to restaurant and restaurants pay postmates. It's the drivers who make it.Don't get wrong. They don't think of us as partners.

Pros

I can work it when I want to work and rest when I don’t want to work.

Cons

$25 an hour if you're lucky. $8 an hour if you're unlucky.

pm

i love it because i can work when i want and where i want. i can go on vacation and still work and make money. postmates is the easiest thing i have ever done to make money.

Bad App, Bad Company

The app, which is 95% of your interaction with the company, is a complete disaster. You don't get paid for incomplete orders, and I was only able to complete less than 60% because of problems with the app. Jobs would be cancelled after accepting them and driving across town. The app would insist I was several blocks away from the drop off site, and so it wouldn't let me complete orders. I'd be sent to pick something up, but when it wasn't available, the clients had no way to switch their order to an available product. All that to say nothing of when businesses failed to get orders correct, wasting precious time. As it stands it is almost impossible to make minimum wage.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Everything other than the schedule.

Great

Pro is money. A con is the amouny of money. The amount of monwy is low. They need to make the amount of money hire for all of the independent contractors.

Pros

Money

Cons

Amount

Guaranteed work and Tips

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Postmates are not good but the tips make up for it. I also like the Guaranteed earnings platform. Do enough deliveres in the time frame fleet says and they pay you extra.OverallMy experience working at Postmates has been good and bad. The app can use some improvements, gps is always getting me lost or stops working while I'm on a delivery. It takes FOREVER to get a hold of live support but when they do eventually pick up the phone they're very kind and helpful. Had my money stolen and they fixed the issue by reimbursing me when they didn't have to. I only work for post mates because of that! and the tips are great at times and their bonuses help alot. Pay could be better, we should get paid for every mile we drive but we dont, wait time pay is terrible. If it was not for the customers and tips, I probably would not work for them, but cant complain to much right now cause I average about 100+ a day.

Not worth the time or car wear and tear or gas

If you account for gas, wear and tear, Minimum wage pays better. it's only worth doing when they have a promo. which isn't very frequent. No phone number to reach any customer support unless you are on a delivery and wait is 1 HOUR. Your only option is chat which is 10 mins wait. TOO MANY SCAMMER call claiming they are with postmates, and these scammer are the customer who placed an order, they call you when you are about to pick it up. been going on for a year and POSTMATES HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT, NEEDLES TO SAY THEY HAVE ACCESS TO THE CUSTOMER'S INFO WHO SCAMMED YOU. Just don't waste your time with this company.

Pros

Cons

pay, and no customer support

Not Worth It

I’ve completed almost 5 deliveries within an hour & I literally got less than $20. Save your gas , yeah you choose your own schedule but you could make way more money with something else .

Not at all worth it

Postmates doesn't support drivers very well. They sometimes have you drive 10min or more for a pick up which you dont get paid, then deliver it just around the corner. Most pickups for food you end up waiting 30min which would be gret if the pay for wait time was any good but at 7 cents per min you are not making money by waiting which you do a lot of. On top of that the wait times are usually listed as 15min when I waited 30min or so. Plus you dont get paid for cancelations unless you already there and even then when I waited for a few min there and it was cancelled I made 75 cents after driving almost 10min to the pick up and waiting inside for several min. After 2 and a half hours of work I with very little wait between calls I still only made about $12 and thats before you deduct for gas. So I averaged less than $5 per hour. Not a difficult job but the pay is horrible. I used to drive for Caviar and the pay was not nearly as bad, and the deliveries were easier. Unfortunately Caviar is not available in my current city. I'm going to try Doordash or something and see if they are any better.

Pros

Set your own hours

Cons

Very poor pay, Often problems and complications with pick ups, Card doesn't always get accepted, a lot of time unnecessarily wasted

No Boss

I enjoy self motivation over having a boss I report to. All you have to do is go out and do it in the right places at the right time. I enjoyed working for Postmates

Pros

Instant payroll

Cons

Not Constant enough for full time work

Its A waste of time

Doing side gigs you should expect to make as much income than retail stores BUT this side gig in particular almost guarantees you that you don't get paid. large orders are usually 4-5 dollars and it takes around 30 minutes to fulfill including going to the store to dropping off at customers home. If you where to work and manage to make 10-14 per hour you would be at a loss because you have to pay for the gas and it is troublesome. The only great thing that's good is the app. The app is much easy to use and you can sign on whenever you'd like to start working and you don't have to schedule yourself like the other apps. If your under 21 then this is the app for you but otherwise don't bother and get a retail position.

Pros

Cons

Pay is too low

A fun job to work because I like to drive

I enjoyed meeting new people, having fun, and having a flexible work at my own pace. I was able to chose my own hours, and I love to drive. The pay as good as what you put into it but you can get paid everyday or you can get paid at the end of the week.which ever work for you.

Pros

You guarantee a pickup and delivery

Cons

It can be at fast pace and then nice and slow down

Side gig

I like working delivery gigs. Depending on your area it can be busy. Covid-19, has put a lot of people out of work, however it has boosted business. I'm a bit weary of the pay structure. It can definitely be improved.

Pros

Flexibility, good music, friendly customers, chose which deliveries you want to take.

Cons

Low base pay

Work when you’d like for as long as you’d like

I found that working as a Fleet driver, I was able to work around my schedule rather than schedule around my work, which was the most appealing facet.

Flexibility

Postmates is a terrible company to work for. They offer blitz bonuses to ensure their work gets done then hold your last trip to prevent you from reaching the goal and getting the extra financial incentive. Most trips (not including if customer leaves a tip) pay $2.98! That’s what I said. That’s not even the lowest which was $2.62 of pay to get in vehicle, drive to restaurant, pick up food then deliver to customer all for a whopping $2.62. That’s absurd! Definitely not worth the trouble.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postmates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Postmates.
Powered byComparably

Compare Postmates with

Career recommendations for Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Postmates