Potbelly Sandwich Shop Employee Reviews

Found 1,023 reviews matching the search See all 1,046 reviews
Productive and nice work place.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 18, 2019
I think it's okay to work at. It's not the greatest in the world but it's okay. I think the best thing about working there is helping newly-hired associates with stations so that they can work up their potential.
Pros
Discounts on food (employee discount), higher pay.
Cons
Occasional errors that can be avoided.
Fun and fast-paced workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2019
Never a dull moment. Clients are always interesting. Management team can become a real buddy. I really learned a lot more about food handling and safety. The hardest part was the food preparation more so tedious than hard.
Very fun environment,
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2019
Used to be a great company, however as we started going public we lost sight of our Integrity and our values went out the door.
The teams in your local shop were great and like a family
Pros
Paid breaks, mandatory overtime for management. Free lunch great benefits
Cons
Discrimination, lack of integrity, standards aren’t being met or even set
Fun Environment, Crippled Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 12, 2019
My experience at Potbelly was good for the most part, but Management never seemed to have it together completely. Always playing catch up. The hardest part of this job is more than likely dealing with disorganization.
experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 12, 2019
I have been working their since I was in high school. Overall they are flexiable . It is a nice place, But you must be ready to work hard. Their are benefits
Fun, fast paced atmosphere
General Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BWI AirportJune 11, 2019
Potbelly can be a great place to work, the atmosphere is fast paced with emphasis on having fun and making the guests feel special. There are a few stations to learn to help you navigate the Potbelly life which they are big on training, just a little slow on moving you along sometimes. Can be very busy at times but the customers make for an enjoyable day.
Fun workplace, and great environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2019
Although my time at the shop was brief, I got to know & care for a lot of my fellow co workers & even began to gain relationships with a few customers.
Productive workplace.
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 10, 2019
Very quick paced environment. Enjoyed working with employees and management. Food was very good. Learned alot about customer service and food prep. Great place to work if you want to be in food business.
Very productive workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2019
A typical day at Potbelly would be basically coming in and clocking in and straight getting to work. I usually don't really go on breaks because I'm so focused on helping the customers that I really don't like sitting down.
Great place to work if your GM is compotent
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 8, 2019
Its a typical sandwich shop job, with a lot of customer service interaction and interesting days. The crew makes or breaks how shifts go, but the overall experience is dictated heavily by how good the GM does their job. You can learn a lot and advance within the company easily.
Pros
Half off for all employees, $7 budget of free food for shift managers
Cons
No guaranteed/set breaks, quality of work experience depends a lot on General Manager
Fun working environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Potbelly, but I’d change a few things. One of the things I’d change is how employees are disciplined. I once witnessed a coworker being fired for arriving tardy to work 1 time.
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
We paid for Food
Great place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2019
You come in ready to work and have a great day. We are able to have fun while we work which also gives the customers a great experience. The owner of the company is fantastic he really cares about his employees and it shows throughout the company.
Good starter job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJune 6, 2019
It's a good job for homeschoolers and college students who need a job that'll work with hours. Not a long term option unless you plan on working there forever
Pros
Discounts
I dont like the fast food industry
Member (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 5, 2019
I only worked at Potbelly for a month but in that time I did not really enjoy myself. I believe maybe it was because I am not a fan of working in the fast food industry but the manager would schedule me when I would say I was not available. I worked all nights and hardly got to see my family. I enjoyed talking with the customers and a few of my coworkers. The hardest part was during rush hour when I was the only one working up front. I learned how to deal with customers.
Loved it
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 4, 2019
Great place to work. Wonderful clientele. Great staff. Busy. A lot of room to move up quickly. Great locations. Great food. My manager was a dream. Very flexible.
It’s okay for the time being
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 3, 2019
Half of the management team is awful and the other half is amazing. They tend to promote the wrong workers (they promoted someone who wasn’t even willing to change trash cans & someone who was ONLY good at DT). The PTO is very nice. I was told I am being promoted from SL to AGM but we will see. They keep blowing it off.
Pros
Occasionally free meals
Cons
No breaks
perfectly fine part time job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 23, 2019
I worked her to supplement my income when I was part time at my primary job. it was a good place to work. They worked with me on the schedule and the atmosphere was laid back and let me enjoy talking to my customers. A good place to work.
Productive Fun work experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 19, 2019
Good company but there was some confusion with management and didn't receive my promised raise. Other employee weren't dependable. Overall an ok job though.
Horrible company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2019
A waste of time you will not be able to get ahead unless management likes you. If not you will be considered a threat to them. And then they will try everything possible to get rid of you
Productive and fun place to work with the right people.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 15, 2019
Potbelly is a pretty cool place to work if you are a student in school the hours are flexible and if you do deliveries the tips could be WORTH IT $$$$
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Somedays its super slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight