Potbelly Sandwich Shop

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Good staff, variable management

Potbelly is great if you're looking for a part time summer job or something simple to work in the background. scheduling is pretty flexible and most management is understanding if things happen. However, since the company isn't doing too well lately, higher ups have become more desperate and demanding of their employees and since most are just people looking for easy summer jobs, they tend to cycle out pretty regularly.

Great place but fast paced

If you love free food and a fast paced fun environment this job is for you. The mix of technology makes it easy and the menu is easy to memorize too. If you have the right team your days will become easier and fun.

Pros

Free lunch, great benefits

Cons

Fast paced, high turnover rate

Fun place if you’re still in school

Stressful work environment depending on the time and day. You never know what you’re going to get. Pretty much short staffed most of the times with upper management wanting you to bust your butt with limited resources. The company is always pushing to sell certain/new items that can get very repetitive if you work al the time. You sometimes can’t even take a break if your team is getting killed.

Pros

Paid break, discounted meal, good environment for making new friends

Cons

Short staffed and unrealistic goals/standards

Fast Food job

its a typical fast food job, you know what you're getting into. company didn't want to pay for musicians anymore. they offered performance based pay increases when hired, but we go through managers so quick that you get lost in the shuffle, intentionally or not.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

short breaks, have to pay for meals

The company doesn’t care!!

The corporate office doesn’t care about its employees. There is no communication between employees and upper management. I emailed HR about my remaining PTO because I was leaving the company and it has been a week and yet still no response. This company is falling apart so I would not suggest working here I worked here for 3 and 1/2 years and it has been filled with empty promises of higher pay and better working environments.

Pros

Cons

No life outside of work. No communication

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

decent

its a good job for teenagers looking to make some money, advancement is possible but with the pay being offered it is not desirable or worth it at all

Not a good corporate company

Potbelly overall isnt really a good company. They dont care much for their empoyees and the benefits are minimal. The oay is way too low, even for the industry and corporate is always trying to push harder and out more on the individual stores. I was lucky to be at a good shop with a great General Manager but we can only do so much.

Great system, poor management

Working at Potbelly was a good time. Management (general and district) were poor in their execution of their jobs. However, I liked the values set up and the process of creating an order, pretty fluid in my opinion.

Pros

discounted meal, 30 minute maximum for break, paid training for all levels and promotions

Cons

no guarantee for hours, schedules can change at will

Strong company values, uplifting and friendly environment

Potbelly definitely values customer service. As such it carries this mentality to the workplace and is always encouraging employees to be friendly. Therefore the workplace is one where there is positivity and collaboration. It can be hectic and face-paced at times, and the pay could be better, but the environment makes up for that.

Pros

Good environment, company values

Cons

Below-average pay

Entry Level

I was working here when I was in college and it was a great job to have while going to school. Flexible schedule and I knew what I was doing for the day.

Jobs at Potbelly Sandwich Shop

See more jobs

Extremely understaffed, bad management

It started off fine but the shop was located on a busy campus so it was always busy. Slowly it became extremely understaffed and intolerable while also trying to manage online classes/homework. Manager always promised it would get better but it never did. By the time the semester ended, I think the only employees who had not left were the managers. Besides being understaffed and bad management, the work was easy but I'm glad I left especially when they started to close at 11. Just a job that needs a strong staff or it becomes awful

Pros

Free food

Cons

Late hours, understaffed, busy

Not the best restaurant job experience

Worked here as a shift leader for over a year. The GM was not super cooperative of my college schedule, so it made it hard for me to get the hours that I needed. District managers are really what killed the vibe of this job though.

Poor management and no room to advance

From the outside it’s a great idea to work there, but at the end of the day it’s not. Poor management, no communication with the corporate office, no benefits or time off available.

Pros

No pros at all.

Cons

No time off, poor management, short lunches

Weak management and pay

The whole company is a mess and will hire anyone with a pulse as a manager. Some managers were good while others would yell at costumers and employees at the sign of any pressure. One of my managers was scammed/robbed and brought over $2,000 to safeway to buy gift cards to bring to “potbelly corporate” and still has a job as a manager. Fun place to work at times with some decent coworkers. The company doesn’t accept tips for some strange reason so your stuck with hourly wage. 4/10 would recommend finding a job at a real restaurant instead.

Pros

Nice co workers, great regional and district managers

Cons

Bad shift leads, no tips, no delivery fees to driver

Very hetic

Not much is gained from working here you will be take advantage of for years on end. Management is extremely lazy and gossip constantly. Shift leads are very lazy as well.

Pros

Cons

Pay, cowokers

Employee

While it wasn't the most fulfilling job, I enjoyed the people and time there. Just moved onto other things but it was too be expected. Decent hours and average pay

Manager

I worked here for about 6 or 7 months they do not hire full time or give benefits to ANYONEPay really sucks, working 40 hour work weeks and they will most likely have you drive over an hour out for another potbelly

Pros

Fast work days

Cons

Everything else

Management is a nightmare

I used to love this job until the pandemic hit and there were no benefits to working there. Corporate and management do not care about your well being.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Management, poor work life balance.

No work life balance/ poor upper management above the GM level

You'll get no support from your DM. you'll get pulled from training early and then be left on your own. The training GM's do it for the money only. They rarely get involved with your training and pawn you off to their shift leaders. You won't get to use your vacation time. Management above the GM level is poor and unresponsive to your needs. If your personal time is important, you'll end up sacrificing it for the needs of your store. Reaching out for help on any level above the GM will be useless. Work/life balance is non existent.

Pros

The people you work with in your store can be some of the best people you've ever met!

Cons

Management above the GM level do not care about you and will abuse your commitment to the job.

Wassup

Nothing stands out about working there ion like it the staff was alright i should Say i just Don’t like we have to stand up all day in i wasnt Getting many hours

Fun workplace

The pay is just bad and the management is horrible. Don’t expect weekends off. They don’t care about their employees. Just don’t waste your time on working there

Pros

Good people

Cons

Management is bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight