Potbelly Sandwich Shop Employee Reviews

Management was inconsiderate, constantly cut hours
Cashier/Sandwich handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2019
Management is very unprofessional and the team members dont work well together. The shop was small and didn't make a lot of money so they were always cutting hours, at one point I had 0 hours.
Pros
50 percent off an 8 dollar meal
Cons
Team members don't show up you have to work a whole shift by yourself.
better management
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 11, 2019
Could use better management overall it was a fine place to work at, they needed better cleaning supplies but communication lacked and it was hard to want to be a team member
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 4, 2019
The other employees were fun to work with. The job was very busy and fast paced at times and slow and laid back at other times. When the restaurant was slow it allowed for you to catch up on other things like stocking the store.
Pros
Discounted meals during shift
Cons
Didn't have actual breaks
It’s a great job.
Busser/Cook (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOMarch 3, 2019
This job is amazing and I would recommend it to a lot of people. Who would like to work at a temporary job where you can make connections with your co-workers and customers.
Pros
50% Discount, Great Managements, Diversity, and good atmosphere.
Cons
The work hours. I wish there were morning shifts.
Very fun and relaxed environment
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 28, 2019
Very laid back place to work either full time or part time. Flexible scheduling. Always opportunities to move up within the company. Fun environment, fun coworkers.
Great people who love to engage and have a good time
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 27, 2019
I loved working at this company, it was a great starting job that allowed me to get some professional skills before heading off to college. Managers are caring and make sure that you learn a lot but also get to enjoy the culture.
Depends on what you are looking for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 25, 2019
Great for improving your skill level. You can become a GM and climb the ladder relatively quickly, but at a cost. While the mission is always clear, the ways to get through often go against grain. Depending on who you boss is matters as well. It can make or break you. Also, prepare to not have a social life.
Pros
Meal discounts, bonus
Cons
hard to take a break, long hours
Poor Poor Management
Nothing but empty promises (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 25, 2019
If you apply in hopes of getting a job here don't waste your time. You will interview management will tell you that they will get back a hold of you for the next step and they never do. Take it from me who needs a job and is willing to do just about anything, if you have bills to pay and a family to take care of then don't bother applying to the Holland Michigan location. Disorganized management, poor communication and I can keep going on this list. DO NOT APPLY.
Outgoing and fun sandwich shop
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2019
Potbelly is a wonderful place to work for students or those looking to get a solid start in food service. Great benefits and a relaxed dress code are some of the perks.
Very friendly and up beat place to work.
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2019
This job is a great place to work. They have understanding mangers, flexible hours, and great staff. Everyone there is open minded and very helpful they are like a second family. They will always give you feed back and a helping hand. If your willing to put in hard work there is room to move up in the company.
Pros
Fun, fast, and friendly.
Cons
Unsecure hours, and very fast pace.
potbelly
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZFebruary 20, 2019
The manager was rude and did not know at alll how to treat her employees. She would constantly yell at us for everything and always threaten to fire us.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Terrible place to work do not recommend
Cashier, Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2019
I am writing this review specifically on the Potbelly sandwich shop located at Logan Airport in Boston MA. I believe that Potbelly is a great company but at this particular location there is a lot of bad employees. I could tell you a million stories about how awful working at this location was. The main points I would address are that 1. There is a theft problem going on that they are unwilling to get under control. It is obvious that some of the shift leads are stealing money from the store. 2. The upper management has no care in the world for you as an individual. One of my managers was literally hit by a car and told she had to come in the next morning with fractured ribs, body/face covered in bruises. 3. Many of the employees there are extremely untrustwrothy, whether they be addicts, pathological liars, or thieves there are many disturbed individuals working there. It is not a professional environment. They do not care for your well being. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Cons
Coworkers are thieves, stressful environment, disturbed employees
great culture
Prep/Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
fast paced environment during rush. I learned how to make a sandwich, smoothies, and shakes. Great workplace culture. Hardest part is remembering customers toppings. most enjoyable part was making a great sandwich.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
no breaks
Fun but Stressful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 18, 2019
I left mostly due to the fact they kept scheduling me for shifts that I couldn’t fulfill. When there’s a steady flow of customers it runs smoothly, but when it’s lunchtime, you want to pull your hair out because of the ridiculous amount of multitasking needed.
Good high school job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 17, 2019
This is a good job for someone in high school. You don't really get paid enough to sustain yourself with the pay and hours you are given. It is a stressful work environment at times, but other times its ok. Its basically a rollercoaster in terms of environment.
Work can be fun
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 16, 2019
With the right staff this place can be a lot of fun. They are always looking to promote people and move them up in the company. Lunch is usually the busiest at our shop, our regular customers are awesome and we enjoy having them.
good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2019
Great job. great people. great food. This was a great place to work. I had fun. I enjoyed the culture and the fast paced nature of this job. I would do it all over again and I was also able to go to class and work at the same time
Fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I really enjoyed working at potbelly nice friendly fast speed pace. Multi-task a lot meet different people and calm working space. Really chill everyone gets along very well.
I don't like cleaning
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 11, 2019
this is the type of job you have to always be do something even if there is nothing to do. they want you cleaning 24/7 they also have you do deliveries which I was never given gas money for.
Bonne culture
Directeur (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisFebruary 11, 2019
Culture excellente.Grand soutien.
45 heures par semaine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight