Potlatch Corporation Employee Reviews

Do Not work at Potlatch
Senior Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Because of the manger's lack of technical knowledge everyday was chaos. I learned that I should never have left my previous job.. Management was deceitful, dishonest, attempted to divide employees and blatantly lied about company policy. The cubicles are smaller than a bathroom stall, claustrophobic. the hardest part of the job was knowing that it could be a great place to work and productivity could be increased if the department was under proper management. The other employee's were good people. But I feel sorry for anyone that works in the Potlatch IT department.
Very toxic environment. Avoid this company at all cost.
Pros
Hardware was great
Cons
Everything else
hostile work environment
Road Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DearySeptember 18, 2018
supervisors were combative and onl.y worried about production goals not the employees Contractors were treated like 2nd rate citizens. Way to much butt covering and back stabbing.
Exciting place to work
Supply stream associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNJuly 31, 2018
Very busy place to work. Potlatch in Minnesota is now shutdown. Exciting place to work with lots of fires on the production line and storage bins. Employed lots of craftsman.
Enjoyed working here. Learned a lot and received several promotions.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARJuly 24, 2018
This was my first job. I started as temp and after 3 months was hired full time. Received several promotions. Great workplace and enjoyed many rewards for safety, etc.
Made the new hires foreman
Forlklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Maries, IDJuly 10, 2018
The management would stay in their offices and tell themselves how great the place was and never deal with anything. Ageism is beginning from management down at potlatch. So that why the kids who have been hired for a couple years are made bosses while older gentlemen with the same military background are turned away.
Pros
Cons
Egos
Hard working and responsible job
Dryer Feeder & Green End Clean-Up (Former Employee) –  Saint Maries, IDJune 5, 2018
A typical day at work consist of feeding dryers and doing green end clean-up. Requires full attention and safety precautions. You learn a lot about responsibility and safety.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Hot days
good company
Self Employed Contractor (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 12, 2018
solid, professional company with an intelligent and directional management team. Nothing bad to say about the company. The company has a history of national and community support through providing work and sound environmental practice.
Great Place to Work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cloquet, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Everyone I met and worked with were absolutely wonderful. The job was fast paced at times but I highly enjoyed it. Also had exceptional training and support.
Divisions in the company were treated unfairly
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARJanuary 19, 2018
Expected more and more work with less and less pay from accounting while foresters with equal or less workload were paid nearly double.
Management was not helpful and often times incompetent.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unrealistic expectations and unequal pay scale.
It was hard work but I enjoyed working there.
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, ARJanuary 9, 2018
Potlatch is a great place to work with room for advancement. To me the hardest part of the job was working in the elements. Depending on which part of the mill you work in, that may or may not be a problem. I liked my boss and my co-workers and in turn, that made it easier to like my job.
Pros
Payday
Cons
Cleaning up after each shift.

Want to know more about Potlatch Corporation?

Ask a question
Fast paced, can be stressful, Challenging
Production operator \ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gwinn, MIJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at work is an hour early to get all machines prepped and get turnover from other shift supervisor and maintenance foreman about previous shifts issues and concerns, Then monitor production thru out the shift (10)hours on both production sides of the company while maintain a high level of safety for all employees. The work is fast paced and can be very stressful as pressure to meet daily and monthly goals increases, The hardest part of the job was trying to meet goals while trying to process all employees thru safety training and documentation as well as documenting environmental reports on spills while monitoring a 35+ man\woman crews in performance and safety as well as dealing with mechanical failures and mill cleanup in a 10 hour shift with little or no help from my manager
Pros
decent pay for the area, good pool of people to work with
Cons
Some management issues, Long hours, Increasing work loads with little or no help from production superintendant
Self directed
Electrical Coordinator-Consumer Products Division (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2017
Potlatch Las Vegas has a self directed work force that was moderately effective a maintaining equipment. Skill level of the mechanics were subpar for the equipment that was installed .
balanced work environment
Dryend Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, AROctober 10, 2017
I worked with a strong management crew that supported our supervisors and provided us with the tools we needed to succeed. I worked longer hours and only received a salary compensation.
it was a paycheck
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Gwinn, MISeptember 25, 2017
There is a very small tight group of upper management that can do whatever they want with out repercussion. The rest of the employees there are all expendable and are treated as such. Alto my supervisor there was and awesome guy, He was the only guy there I was happy to have as a boss and wanted to have as my boss, he stuck up for his guys, and was/is a great guy to have as a boss.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
too many to name.
Decent place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gwinn, MIAugust 4, 2017
It was a learning experience for me. I was young and they took there chances by hiring me when I needed a job . Understanding management and honest company to work for
Pros
Clean
Cons
Alot of of outside winter work
Fast Paced lumber mill
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARApril 19, 2017
Very fast paced lumber mill where every day the entire crew would try to set new production records. We had a wonderful HR manager who had been there 43 years.
Pros
As a millwright, I could have all the overtime I wanted.
Cons
It shut down, otherwise I would still be there.
Considering the lumber market, a fair place to work.
Receptionist/Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. Was always busy and challenged. However, the bad lumber market conditions led to some layoffs and reorganization (I was a casualty).
Great Company to Work For
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 7, 2017
I am so thankful I found Potlatch. The company truly takes care of their employees and provides a great corporate culture. Staff are friendly, professional and hard working. As far as pay and benefits go, they do well and remain competitive in salary and benefit plans. It really does feel like a small company, even though there are 1,000 employees across the US. It's not uncommon to chat with the CEO or COO on any given day about life in general. Potlatch truly is a great company to work for; I'd even venture to say it's one of the premier places in Spokane.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work/life balance
Productive and Hard working
Plant Services (Former Employee) –  Warren, AROctober 26, 2016
This job was very fun but very productive. We usually worked thru the weekends, but mostly to get a head of the week. The job culture is cool and the benefits are great hear too.
Good pay, hard work.
Summer Hire (Current Employee) –  Saint Maries, IDOctober 20, 2015
Not an easy job. Tiring and long hours, but very good pay. Coworkers vary from very helpful to very hostile. Excellent summer job, however.
Pros
Pay
Cons
long shifts, dangerous work enviornment