Poudre School District Employee Reviews

Pay is low
Classified Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 11, 2018
Pay is low, but nice to have school holidays off with your children. Low pay and no room for advancement, but it's nice to have the summer months off with your children.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Low pay and no advancement
enjoyed my fellow employees and the children interaction
Child Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COOctober 24, 2018
I worked for the Food Service part of PSD. The management doesn't hold some employees accountable for actions and yet demands other employees to follow all rules. I actually had to file a complaint. After that complaint I would apply for other kitchen jobs and management retaliated and wouldn't consider me for any other job openings. I just wanted fairness in the work place.
Pros
free lunches, and summers off
Cons
working with unfair management
Meshed personal interests with necessary knowledge
LEAD CAMPUS SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 4, 2018
I had a great position as the lead campus security officer. Direct supervisor was a non-micro manager with an open door polcy, who encouraged trainings and icreased knowledge and skills within personal areas of interest, as well as providing trainings which were beneficial to increased skills in providing services for area school safety
Pros
Really excellent people to work with in the Security Department
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Learning experience
Speech and Language Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working with my students. The team of teachers and professionals I worked with were great and most of them wanted the very best for their students. It wasn't the easiest place to work but it taught me a lot.
Good district to be a substitute.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 26, 2018
Substituting for PSD was good overall, but it was very difficult to parlay that into a full time teaching job. The daily compensation for subbing was difficult to make a living without a second job.
Good jod and good benefits.
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 13, 2018
Good people, good environment, good training, good benefits, good retirement, enough day off, respectful, reasonable, good pay, good company, nice and kind.
A good place to perform an important service
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 18, 2018
It felt like I was doing something important, that needed to be done. As I told my supervisor once, when she asked me how I liked the position, "Well, it beats WORKING". I was just a caretaker. I took care of the building, the teachers ("my girls"), and the students ("dem dam kids...")

It wasn't hard work, but I felt like I was getting something accomplished, for the kids and the future...
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
none to mention
Only promote peoples pets
HVAC Serice Twch (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 4, 2018
Too much good old boy mentality. They don't promote people who are the most qualified. It is who worked for who before. There was a union there that did absolutely nothing except side with management.
Fun place to work and very relaxed schedule
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 21, 2018
This is a good place to work. The benefits are great, the people are super nice. Not to mention you get plenty of time off. However, this is not a great place if you are the sole income for you or your family. I struggled financially the whole time I worked there having to utilize local resources to get groceries.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 15, 2018
There is a lot of variety each day, as working with children can be. Working at a school site is great. Staff and parents are wonderful to be around and get to know.
A great place to work
Licensed substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2018
I have been a substitute teacher in the Poudre School District for nearly five years and I am pleased with the administration, workplace culture, and the students. I need to relocate due to the high cost of housing in Fort Collins, but would be happy to return if the opportunity arose.
Great work environment and a great place to work.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 18, 2018
A typical job for a teacher or a teacher in special education. A decent caseload of IEPs for special education teachers. Great benefits and great pay within the district. Fort Collins is one of the best performing districts in the state and a great place to raise a family.
Pros
Salary, benefits, working environment, great area to live
Cons
lack of diversity
A typical day at work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 5, 2018
A typical day at work involves arriving at a set time due to contract hours, supervising kids, teaching students the Colorado standards in your content areas with learning targets and success criteria, collaborating with colleagues to develop curriculum and plans to support student success, integrating technology into lessons, grading, attending meetings, possibly planning, closing the day with an extended learning opportunity, heading out the door and home to more grading, planning and correspondence.
Fun place to work
Child Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 25, 2018
Nice Manager and co workers. Worked well for when I was a stay at home mom. I would go back and work for Poudre School District. Its not a job I can live off though.
Productive & Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 20, 2018
This is a productive & fun environment to work. I will not include confidential company information or personally identifiable information, such as names.
I do recommend this job for people that are looking for a good career
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 7, 2018
I wish I had a full time job bit it was just for the Sumer and part of the school year it was very fun the workers for psd were very welcoming and loving people that take pride in there jobs and take care of our schools
Substitute Teacher
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 27, 2018
The teachers left detailed expectations for the scheduled day. Everyone at the schools were very willing answer any questions and willing to be of assistance with any problems I may have ran into. I enjoyed working there.
Excellent schools
Driver/ Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 24, 2018
Great school enviorment. Great teachers and staff. Children well behaved. School are well run. Very organize. Student are in a great learning environment
lacks a training program
Custodial Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 19, 2017
They gave a position for them to train people how to do job and nothing changed other than the said trainers bigger wallet. They dont clean anyting at the school enough. You are only required to sanatize once a week. No wonder your children are constantly sick when at school.
Pros
free lunch at times from staff, time off if you have enough saved up time to use
Cons
during the holidays they expect you to work days even if you normally work the night shift, They lack in communication with others
cn worker
Classified Para-professional Substitute (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 26, 2017
preparing food for student, input lunches, order food.
learned - working with everybody
hardest part of the the job- the supervisor.
most enjoyable - students and staff
work place - dealing with supervisor
management - awful
Pros
staff/ students in building
Cons
hardly no breaks/ working with supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poudre School District. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about