Powell Construction Company

Powell Construction Company Employee Reviews

United States5 reviews
I worked for them off and on from 97to2012. Started as laborer at 8 a hour worked my self up to 20. That was in 08.quit to get paid.24 for different company. Went back in 2011 and still same pay.you either work every day. Or 40. Hours. I never had a lost time accident but they will run u off when work gets slow. That's when Wendell shows up hoping u will fail drug test were u want get unemployment. Knowing almost every construction worker is prescribed meds for pain and nerves. I didn't go get script filled for meds because they were laying people off so script was 2 weeks out but. I didn't take test. Because I knowed I would fail. Didn't get unemployment. My friend straight up failed and received his for 2 years
Pros
Loved my job . Learned everything I could to make more mot
Cons
Work to many hour, s or not enoug, h and if u are not a suck u will earn every fing penny, and after years of it you will be gutted. your
I was proud to be part of the company and could not have had better employees, every single person gave 100% every day and it showed in the properties that we built. True pride in everything they do.
A typical day at work includes a safety meeting, and going over the goal of the work day. What I learned at this company was torching, welding, climbing, and pipe fitting. The hardest part of the job would be working out in the different weather conditions throughout the year. The most enjoyable part would be climbing and being 200+ feet in the air.
This job was fun due to the fact that we worked on amazing homes across Texas, always learning to read blue prints, ordering material and solving construction related problems. No two jobs are the same and its always interesting.
Pros
no work on weekends
Cons
can't work overtime
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This company helps you develop your talents while working with your project team to produce the best possible outcome for the client. The senior team has many years of knowledge in the building industry and will help you learn when you have questions or situations come up that you can't figure out. There is an open door policy and they will always try to help you out. One person here started out as a laborer in the field, and is now a superintendent, so there is room to advance. The management is family oriented and will strive to help you have a work life balance. I like the paid holidays and vacation time.
My co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
good benefits, team work, friendly atmosphere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Powell Construction Company?