Powell Industries
70Average

Powell Industries Employee Reviews

Overall good company
I enjoyed my time there I was given opportunity to learn and do new things no complaints overall only quit this work due to having to travel for steady work
Extremely amazing place to work
One of the best career opportunities in all my 30 years in the workforce. Great family environment and great leadership. Powell is a company well above many and there's amazing people working there. If I had the opportunity to retire from Powell I would!
Horrible!
powell is the worst company i’ve ever worked for.... poor pay , poor leadership , poor management, employees are unappreciated and neither do they care for us.... I was told by more than 5 employees when i first started that it was a horrible company and each thing they told me played out over time.... I can go on and on but I won’t... just believe me when i say you’re better off working fast food!
N/a
I Truly Do Enjoy Working For Powell Industries It Is A Great Company To Grow From And Grow With I Can Honestly Say Powell Industries Has Taught Me Alot
Excellent
Excellent,thoroughly,efficient,great dependable,safety oriented,pleasant,work related,skilled ,work history,goals in the company and goals in the future.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
This company doesn’t hire many black people and they didn’t like to train
Poor company to work from the leads hardly wanted to train black people and the spoke in Spanish among the Hispanic employees and wouldn’t be reprimanded for failing to train the blacks properly
Bueno beneficios
Muy buena en sus trabajo bueno pago bueno beneficios
Good company with good benefits
The company has retained many personnel for well over 30 years. These persons typically have risen to high ranking positions regardless of educational background or demonstrated abilities. They are very loyal to their cadre and expect loyalty at all times. Family friendly and collegial environment to work in.
No training
I was provided absolutely no training and was expected to figure everything out on my own. The “manager” of my department did not manage, rather he delegated his responsibilities to others. He also did not know anything about the type of business, he would make up his own rules to supersede those of the company. People there were overworked and very unhappy. All in all, I would not recommend as a nice place to work.
Big corporation but they dont appreciate their workers.
I worked for Powell for 5 years. Lots of work but that's what it is. Company treats you as a number and they aren't very appreciative. But its a good starting place if you/re trying to get your feet wet in the business.
Great job
Powell is all about safety with no rush at work. GREAT benefits and office personal. Management is very skilled and helpful.The company provides tools needed to complete work easily and safe.
Don’t waste your time
High turnover. One department in particular is extremely immature and catty. I liked my hours(6am-2:30pm) Most of my co-workers were fun and nice. Not much training is provided. You either get it or you don’t. I was just another body moving thru.....I’m gobsmacked that this company does as well as it does. Several long term employees(20-30 years of service)were terminated. Personally, I think they were terminated so they couldn’t collect any benefits this company had for them. Just don’t bother if you’re looking for something permanent.
Don’t know
Always under minding your opinion, always taking other people’s ideas, to many chiefs and not enough Indians, always asking you to do more than your job title.
Overall good place to work
Very nice people,they answer all your questions to the fullest.Work with your schedule.i really liked the job.really didnt want to leave,but got a better opportunity
Its good experience
feels good about working there and so comportable wokers and staffs
more things to learn about new projects and all workers did very well and sinciere
Felicia Brown
The company,managers,and employees are very exceptional,no matter what you are going through they are there to help see you through.Its very hard to loose your job with Powell .I love the company most caring company I have ever been with..thank you all for everything you have done for me..
Consistent struggle with little reward
As far as the shop employees go you can expect low pay, high hours and lots of rework because of personal preferences. Also there is a lots favoritism
Productive workplace where engineers can freely discuss and communicate their views towards the completion of projects
Powell is a great place to begin your career since there is always something new to learn, and the engineers there are always willing to help you when you're stuck. There's a lab (in the Power Automation Department) with SEL and GE relays, Allen-Bradley PLCs, and a bunch of other devices where you can test bus transfer schemes, communications, etc. : this helps prevent problems before devices are installed in the field.
Don't work there
Don't work there,no direction,no focus,no ethics. no moral. no help. low pay. hypocrites, lot of politics, flexible time promise at hiring interview but not flexible time.
Very hard to find the parts to build the jobs that It take a long time for us to complete the jobs.
Usually, we had to find the parts before we build the jobs. But the parts were missing or somebody took it and put it somewhere as messing a lot.
Staring salary is very low and increases 1-3% ( 0.20 cent ) a year that workers have no enough income for life to compete with the inflation of the economy.
Lots of conflict within the organization and other divisions.
Eventhough Powell is one company, there is a lot of conflict between multiple divisions. It is almost like pulling teeth when trying to work with other divisions. All divisions use some different systems, so it can be hard to get on the same page.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Powell Industries. Our community is ready to answer.