Power County Hospital District Employee Reviews

4.0Job Security & Advancement
Friendly staff, pleasant environment
Night Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  American Falls, ID 83211June 14, 2018
I work the night shift, 12 hour shifts. I normally work with the same aide which allows for better communication and teamwork. Hardest part of the job is working with difficult staff members and residents. Enjoyable part of the job is home like atmosphere and mostly friendly cooperative residents. Being able to help residents function better as they age and progress through various disease processes. My DON (Director of Nursing) is a good person to work with. Friendly, knowledgeable, willing to help out when needed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, difficult residents
Best part was having lunch with my co-workers
Patient Account Representative/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  American Falls, IDMay 23, 2018
I had no problems working for Power County Hospital I would still be there I had to move. They are amazing Employers and employees. it was a a challenge some days working in the ER doing admissions. you just never knew what was going to happen that day. Just be patience and put up a smile. I'm an easy person to get alone with.I love people. I love what I do.
Pros
Got to wear jeans on Friday's
Cons
Free health insurance
Rural Health Nursing Challenges
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  American Falls, IDFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day in the life of a Director either on the acute care side or the long term care side involves keeping a pulse on the activity, the census, the employees and the administrative responsibilities that you have. Frequent involvement and assessment is essential. Triage and prioritization ranges from meetings, audits, budgets, scheduling, counseling, teaching, assisting, managing, directing and supporting the team around you.
It is wonderful to work with co-workers and see the team grow. The hardest thing is helping others to find confidence in themselves and keep the team united but also is the most rewarding to see them all come together.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited resources