Power Design, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best Company I have ever worked for!
Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 6, 2018
All around Amazing Company with great benefits. Fun and competitive, but relaxing enough to feel comfortable. Great training and support staff to help you along the way.
Fun
Supply handler-Labor work (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 24, 2018
Fun loveing very understandable great management love & care Clean environment opportunities for everyone good learning & teaching little get to gathers for the work environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very good
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 28, 2018
Good work environment, excellent coordination, good treatment
Power Design is like being a part of a big family
NA (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 3, 2018
Working at PDI brings a feeling of purpose that what you do on a daily basis is important, acknowledged and rewarded. There are so many smart motivated people that work here all striving towards the same goal... to be great. Power Design is a fast paced results oriented company and they reward those who take pride in their work and want to see themselves and the company succeed. The grass actually is greener here and I personally plan on being around for a long time!
Pros
Acknowledgement of your work, trust to do your job without being micromanaged, Lots of free food/lunches, Career advancement
Cons
Being construction there are phases of the project where it requires some long hours, but its only temporary.
Great Culture That Values Employees!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2018
Although I'm new to Power Design, I can confidently say that this is an incredible place to work! Not only do they have an awesome culture that puts team members first, the projects our team does are amazing. There's an onsite gym with fitness classes, locker rooms, a lake with a jogging trail, and unlimited coffee just to name a few of the awesome amenities available here. The formal training offered for both office and field employees is top-notch! They really invest in employees on both a personal and professional level.
Pros
Onsite gym with fitness classes, locker rooms, Ping-Pong table, indoor sport court, a lake with a jogging trail, and unlimited coffee just to name a few of the awesome amenities available here.
Cons
None at this time.
Extremely competitive and fun environment with great experiences
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2018
Power Design is a great place to work as advancement and experiences are dealt everyday.
Upbeat and tons of events to attend to be a part of for everyone.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Workload
Superintendent, Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2018
great company overall, there was room for continued growth, training was a big part of PDI's culture. the pay was above average, but there was a lot of paperwork. My computer skills improved while working there
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of paperwork
You need to live near Saint Petersburg
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 26, 2018
This corporation is very centralized therefore if you want to work for them you will need to relocated near their headquarters. Working remote for this company is not a good option for future employees.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Their standards are unique on the industry
I was a Subcontractor Electrician
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2018
I was a subcontractor for Power Design at that time, Good place to work and meet other co workers that have similar or different way of think on how to perform and execute the job safe, quickly and like to share their experiences with others in the field.
fun place to work ( work Hard and play hard )
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2018
PDI is a great place to work, We get lots of support and the pay is great. The company makes you feel like you are a team member not just a employee number.
Pros
lots of room for growth and carrier advancement.
Cons
lots of room for growth and carrier advancement. LOL

Want to know more about Power Design, Inc.?

Ask a question
depending on the team you are assigned, can be heaven or miserable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 16, 2018
some management are spot on amazing. if you don't get on one of those teams you are in for a very stressful and painful worklife. The project engineers are amazing.
Pros
lots of great activities through work.
Cons
disorganized management
Fun workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Great company to work for if you are young in your career and looking for advancement. I'm 28 years into my career and the company is looking to go in a different direction that I would like to go.
Fast Paced
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Power Design is a great company to work for. The only person holding you back is you. They support continuing education, and encourage you to go further.
Pros
Gym and Great people at the Source
Great Company From Office to Field
Payroll Professional/HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Great company to work for. Such comradery, team work and collaboration across the board. Everyone is welcoming and works together well. I absolutely loved working for Power Design.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Long Hours
Management slow to respond
Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Management is slow to respond and PDI employs a Subcontracting company ITR that uses highly unqualified people as well as most not legally allowed to work in this county. That way they are not responsible for the illegal employees of the ITR subcontractor.
Pros
they pay well
Cons
training new people all the time that most have never stepedon a construction site
not productive with piece workers
foreman in high rises (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2018
management dont knowm what they need ,when they were told we had no man power from piece worker they ignored it when it came time they over flooded 70 man at the job site and many were just bodys that didnt know what they were doing.at the end they ended up saying it was fault of foremans at job
Pros
good pay
Cons
piece workers no good
Best company I have worked with yet
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2017
I have been in the trade since I was 18 and I have worked with some of the top electrical contractors in the country and none can compare to Power Design. I have been really happy with companies before but I really have never loved working for a company like I do with PDI. I work in Denver and they are blowing up and it’s awesome to see.
Pros
Events, job site support, management
Cons
Nothing, they take suggestions always
Fun Workplace, Professional Management
Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2017
power design was a great place to work and the management was great, the only problem that I had was the presence of many non English speaking personnel
Stressful workplace
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 17, 2017
I was treated unfairly on a daily basis. I wasn't given a fair opportunity like other apprentice that worked along side me and I was also talked about in derogatory/disrespectful way in another language other than english
Pros
Cons
everything
Both in and outside labor work
Electrician's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 5, 2017
I learned how to run wire and setup light fixtures along with many other things. I really enjoyed working in a group with this job. Caring cable up flights of stairs on a daily basis was probably one the hardest parts of the job. I worked in and outside at this workplace.