Power Design, Inc. Culture reviews

Great culture, not good benefits.
Lead UI/UIX Developer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2018
Great culture, not good benefits. Work Life / Family Life balance should be improved. Upper management in IT does not in way shape or form respect work life and family life balance.
Pros
Cons
Work Life Family Life balance
Employee has visibility, is vlaued and support is made available to all.
LV Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 8, 2018
PDI values are well defined and communicated to all.
Goals are clearly stated.
Departmental support (Source-HR; Accounting; IT.....) is provided to all employees.
Training is provided for all and it is taken seriously. This builds confidence, allows employees to understand and operate within the company's best practices, increases performance and employees are more enthusiastic.
Pros
Training is extremely important, Team member input is valued, Support departments provide true support to each individual team member
Cons
Limited work spaces (temporary - building new facilities)
Good Company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Great People and good leaders in place to help the company grow into its current position. Nice team around and dedicated people to share a common goal to achieve
Best Company I have ever worked for!
Project Engineer/Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 6, 2018
All around Amazing Company with great benefits. Fun and competitive, but relaxing enough to feel comfortable. Great training and support staff to help you along the way.
Cons
Great Culture That Values Employees!
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 18, 2018
Although I'm new to Power Design, I can confidently say that this is an incredible place to work! Not only do they have an awesome culture that puts team members first, the projects our team does are amazing. There's an onsite gym with fitness classes, locker rooms, a lake with a jogging trail, and unlimited coffee just to name a few of the awesome amenities available here. The formal training offered for both office and field employees is top-notch! They really invest in employees on both a personal and professional level.
Pros
Onsite gym with fitness classes, locker rooms, Ping-Pong table, indoor sport court, a lake with a jogging trail, and unlimited coffee just to name a few of the awesome amenities available here.
Cons
None at this time.
Extremely competitive and fun environment with great experiences
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2018
Power Design is a great place to work as advancement and experiences are dealt everyday.
Upbeat and tons of events to attend to be a part of for everyone.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Workload
Superintendent, Construction manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2018
great company overall, there was room for continued growth, training was a big part of PDI's culture. the pay was above average, but there was a lot of paperwork. My computer skills improved while working there
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of paperwork
Great Company From Office to Field
Payroll Professional/HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Great company to work for. Such comradery, team work and collaboration across the board. Everyone is welcoming and works together well. I absolutely loved working for Power Design.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Long Hours
Both in and outside labor work
Electrician's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 5, 2017
I learned how to run wire and setup light fixtures along with many other things. I really enjoyed working in a group with this job. Caring cable up flights of stairs on a daily basis was probably one the hardest parts of the job. I worked in and outside at this workplace.
No longer in existence
President/Owner (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 11, 2017
This was a great power supply company with a faced paced environment, great work culture and plenty of benefits. The boss was a great leader and a very generous guy.
Pros
salary
Cons
workbreaks
Electrical Engineer, PE (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work, just some of the supervisors need to be replaced. In addition need more designers and provide more recognition to hard working staff and those that develop their skills.
Pros
Can learn a lot
Cons
Medical benifits
Beware of the backstabbing
Systems (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2017
I came into this company with high hopes. My department was going through some changes and promises were said but never came through. I was disappointed in the fact that instead of hiring from within from good people they keep going out to hire people that are not qualified for the job ,but instead can sell snow to an Eskimo. The people you guys are hiring in Systems can't do their job. The managers are joke that just are full of themselves and can't actually do the work. They will tell you anything you want to hear to get you out of their office then the backstabbing occurs and you get bypassed for a job you're qualified for and they put a moron in who you will have to train. Be aware!!! The only way to advance is to 1.) Be a cute gal 2.) Be part of the "inner" cirlce. They make advancing positions so difficult that they use that as the reason for hiring outside.
Pros
I have never been denied tools I need to do my job
Cons
Office politics, the benefits sucks, no vision, no dental, no advancement opportunities
GREAT company to work for!!
Coordination (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 3, 2016
Great company to work for and grow with! Power Design provides growth opportunity, training and mentoring. Family oriented atmosphere. Love coming to work every day! The gym and company events are added bonuses!
Best Company Around!
Opperations Support (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Power Design has been an incredible blessing to be apart of for the past 2 years. Professionally I have grown in my career, received hundreds of hours of training, experienced success and developed life long relationships. The culture at PDI is second to none and the support from the leadership is world class. I intend on spending the duration of my career with PDI and whole heartedly believe in the core values of Power Design. I tell people all the time that if another company approached me and offered $25k more per year, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of making a move because of how much I believe in PDI and LOVE where I work. The company has supported me on both a professional and personal level and I am proud to say that I am apart of the PDI family!
Pros
Training, work life balance, culture, atmosphere, free lunches, travel, colleagues, company events and outings
Cons
commute
excellent experience
Electricista (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2016
Daily:
work planning
necessary material and tools early in the morning
developmnet work
cleaning the area

Excellent relationship with co-workers and supervisor
Weird
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2016
Power Design was just a really weird experience. From the pop music playing overhead to the people to the strange "plays" the owner has you putting on for him it's all just incredibly weird. They also are more proud of their building than the work that is done. They are constantly giving tours of the building. It's a nice building and all but it's not a museum or a contemporary architectural marvel.
Pros
None that you can't get at any other company
Cons
Pay, weird culture, co-workers
Great experience/hard-work
Mechanical Electrician (Independent Worker) (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 23, 2015
Always busy doing something.
How to work with my hands and how to wire.
Management was laid back but also strict.
Co-workers were always very helpful.
Hardest part was going back and fixing mistakes when the building was almost complete.
Enjoyable part was all the new things i learned because everyday i was learning something new about the job and also what i can do.
Very energetic and outgoing atmosphere
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 6, 2015
Typical work week includes at least one free lunch and frequent door prizes for employees. They work really hard at keeping an upbeat and motivated staff.
new business
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 23, 2014
i would normally arrive at 8-8:30 am and then we would get all the supplies together and make our way to the yacht we were cleaning. i learned to wax and wash a boat in or out of the water. the management was cool and passionate. the co workers i really didnt get to know cause they change around depending on location. the hardest part may have been competing with the deadlines while trying to learn different techniques on the fly. but that was also the fun part, just learning something new.
Overall good company,but lack of work in TN.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2014
Everyday was a great day at work,my co-workers were friendly and cooperative,my boss was fair and clear with his instructions,loved every bit of the job and its work,and it helped test my capabilities in the electric field.Although only con was they had lack of work in TN.
Pros
Good company, good co-workers, great boss, amazing jobs.
Cons
No work in TN

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Design, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about