Power Distributors Employee Reviews

WEB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2019
Formal work environment that requires you to be there at 8 promptly but also is done right at 5. When I was there the senior developer was very helpful in teaching and guiding me in learning and developing my skills as a developer. The managers and owners were all great people to work for and made the work environment a great place to work.
Pros
Summer lunches and great management
Cons
Compensation towards the lower end.
Nice positive work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAAugust 27, 2019
This is a very small warehouse and you will probably learn more than one job. There are less than 15 employees in the distribution working there when I started. It is a pretty relaxed environment. During the off season we could work with headphones. Everyone was genuinely nice and fun to work with. We had an hour for lunch and came in after 9 for the shift and left around 6. No night shift. The pay wasn’t great and I had no insurance because they only had 5 full time employees but because they mostly hire through staffing agency’s so I also didn’t have insurance. 7 months into my employment I was unexpectedly let go and left without a job for a month. I probably won’t return there but I enjoyed my time ther
Pleasant experience.
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28205August 23, 2019
I have experienced so much in all of my years there.
I am so very blessed to have worked with such beautiful people.
Everyone is eager to help each other.
Easy but hot warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 15, 2019
Management isnt that good fun environment hot warehouse very busy lots of dust hours are from 9am to 6pm.you will be picking packing manifest amazon receiving stocking
Manager is only loyal to the men he is intimidated by women
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2019
This place has no loyalty to long time employees temps come in and makes what a person that has been there for 15 yrs also the management is terrible about communicating to supervisors the temps the manager uses foul words towards employees uses his Facebook to talk and about temps and and the employees
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No room for advancement raises are small
productive
Picker/Packager (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJanuary 25, 2019
Quickpaced work environment, friendly, helpful. Good pay, good management, and reasonable work hours. It was a nice place to work, would definitely recommend.
Poor management, Negative environment, Slow paced,
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GASeptember 17, 2018
I was doing Picking/Pulling product , Inventory control, Packing product, and Restocking product and I enjoyed the job for awhile. My manager quit and my supervisor became manager, My new manager was and still is a great manager. However, the new supervisor that came in treated people terrible. One day he told me I was Pulling Orders slow, I asked my manger if they had a system set up to show how many orders the employees pull. He said no but was in the process of making one. After they established a system showing employees Picking/Pulling results, my supervisor came up to me and said I was pulling more product than the employees that have been there for 7 years. I was the 2nd fastest product puller. Anyways, the company cut cost and employees I, and 7 others where laid off.
More leadership and organization
I do all jobs in the warehouse (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAJuly 7, 2018
I think the temps that come in the summer need a better backround check....and we need more leadership. Temps get more opportunities than full timers
Pros
Overtime during busy season, hsa savings account
Cons
Raises, bonuses, favortism
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2018
Enjoyed working there and I didn't have any issues. I got along good with others and feel like the pay was fair. No problems with management or any other employees. Overtime was plentiful
Fun & easy going job
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMarch 30, 2018
Great workplace with great co workers. Easy to do work & very relaxed. Everyone there is friendly & willing to help each other out. 1 of the best jobs ive had.
Pros
Easy going managers
Cons
Pay
WE had so much fun with each other
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GADecember 6, 2017
we followed direction. we had 3 breaks. We followed the rules for fear of being let go. it was stressfull but it paid my bills I respected myboss my company and my friends. i wish i were still working there
Pros
Having some friends at work having some dinners
Cons
stress
Distribution warehouse has there up and downs in the facility
District Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2017
I maintain and manage the warehouse operations by running the production dept. making sure the order pullers and being consistent on pulling orders as well as the shipping guys following the procedures on shipping out packages and the trucks are schedule for the pallets.
Along with receiving , making sure inbound shipments are receive correctly and the receiving is check in and put away in a timely manner and cycle counts are being corrected on a daily basis.
Pros
Cookouts.lunches during our peeps seasons
Cons
healthcare and annually pay
Inside sales lacks proper management
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2017
It is a very fun and exciting place to work. Commission is easy to obtain if you do what you are suppose to do. You can meet your sales goals with hard work.
Fast paced, repetitious work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2017
Most days I would pull parts for orders, and take note of bins where product was low, and then replenish the stock. It would be fast paced on busy days, or during the busy season, and involved walking all day on a cement floor. I bought some good athletic sport insoles for cushion / support, as I started feeling soreness in th knees, and the soreness went away after wearing the insoles.
Pros
AC in breakroom and TV
Cons
Hrs were 9 am to 6 pm, and 7 pm some days
Borderline slave labor !!!
Picker (Former Employee) –  Castleton-on-Hudson, NYJune 16, 2017
The amount of work they expect you to do when picking parts verses the amount they pay you is borderline slave labor !!!! Did nothing but run-around a big warehouse all day and left with my head spinning at the end of each day, and was still told I wasn't pulling enough parts per hour! I was literary making myself sick because of how fast paced the job was. On top of all that, the guy they have supervising the pick and pack operations has no business being in that role. He doesn't know how to properly speak to employees and shows extreme favoritism towards a few long-time employees. When I gave them my notice that I was leaving, they told me not to bother coming in anymore, basically one last screw-you swing at me. BOTTOM LINE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!
Pros
Very Little
Cons
Just about everything !!!
nothing id like to experience again.
Payroll HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2017
I have no words. Favoritism works well in this company. I like my office. i thought i worked with genuine people but they are sneaky liars. I would never recommend this company to anyone like me that wants a fair chance to grow and succeed.
great place to work
Distribution center manger (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
open doors at 8 am assign work load to employees handle will calls rec , load, pull orders ship all outbound orders , order any supplies needed , close doors and lock up at five pm
Pros
good people
Cons
slow days
Good Learning Experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at PD. I worked on an temporary assignment. I learned so much about Distribution. I would pick and pack product for who ever ordered it online or by phone. I learned how to pack and ship the parts so the customer is happy. the most enjoyable part about the job was when you ship of a box with engine parts or a engine ect. and know the costumer will be happy because they are getting exactly what they need.
Pros
Laid back enviroment, Free lunches, Weekends off
Cons
Slow work days, heavy lifting
fun place to work
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Castleton-on-Hudson, NYSeptember 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time here, but it was cut short due to slowing down and lack of work for me.
I really liked that they gave us catered lunches every other Friday during the summer.
They also provided Popsicles during the summer to help keep us all cool.
Pros
catered lunches in the summer
Cons
late start/end time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Power Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.