Power Engineers, Inc. Employee Reviews

great place for a new engineer
Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2019
many genius engineers to learn from. everyone is more than willing to teach and help. never a day without a challenge met and conquered. laid back atmosphere.
Pros
smart atmosphere
Cons
demanding workload
Great Place to Work
Inter II (Current Employee) –  Oradell, NJJanuary 17, 2019
A typical day consists of checking in on the engineers you are working with and seeing if there is any work, as an inter, you could assist with. Most engineers are more than willing to teach the trade as they work through a project with you. The environment is very relaxed and casual.
Great Place to Work if Inconsistency and Favoritism are Your Things
Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2018
POWER plays favorites. If you're part of the in crowd, you'll go far. It doesn't hurt if you're also an engineer. And a man. (There are opportunities for some women, but, again, you must be part of the in crowd.) If you think outside the box in non-technical areas, buckle up, cause the ride will be bumpy. POWER likes conformists. POWER likes predictability. POWER's managers may trumpet diversity, but the desire for diversity ends when it comes to diversity in thought. (And, of course, diversity in thought is one thing that will help keep businesses from stagnating over the coming decades.) POWER's compensation is inconsistent. Some people make well above market for what they do, while others are paid well under market and offer relatively the same skills and abilities. If you get hired in at a rate that is lower than it should be, management will likely shrug their shoulders and agree that you got hosed, yet refuse to address the issue effectively. Stellar performance appraisals do not necessarily lead anywhere--unless you are part of the in crowd, when they are used to justify promotions, raises, etc. Great opportunities exist for those who are liked by an influential manager; otherwise, prepare for a career full of disappointment and discontent. And did I mention micromanagement? So many POWER managers have no idea how to manage people, since they didn't train to be managers, and this leads to a lot of micromanagement. There are also frequent organizational changes leading to many management changes. It is not unusual to report to several different managers  more... during any given year due to these changes. POWER does have some unique and fantastic perks, like Beer Fridays, company parties, opportunities to travel, frequent paid lunches, casual dress code, and various discount opportunities. POWER also has some really great people working for it. POWER is a great place to work for a few years and gain some experience before moving on to something better.  less
Pros
Beer Fridays, casual dress code and work environment, travel opportunities
Cons
Inconsistent management, frequent organizational changes, inexperienced managers
Thoughtless
Misc. (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDDecember 13, 2018
This company is thoughtless. I received a canned rejection email 15 minutes after submitting my resume, although I was completely qualified. My guess is that is why they ask for salary requirements rather than posting a salary range. If you require more than they are willing to pay, you get an auto-email saying other candidates were more qualified, rather than explaining you are out of their price range.
It was a great job though it was out doors and temporary.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  OregonDecember 7, 2018
It was a great job though it was out doors and temporary. It entailed going out to an area where the client was hoping to place fiber optic cable and mapping it by hand drafting on a clip board. We used measuring wheels to get the distances of width of roadways and location of Man Holes as well as lengths of runs. we also located Junction boxes for buried cable for power and added the indicated lines for power,water,gas, sewer and cable TV.
Pros
Great People
Cons
worked in the snow sometimes.
Terriffic culture
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 12, 2018
Jeans everyday, Beer Friday's. Pretty cool management. Just don't drink too much on Friday... As a Drafter you will probably be working in Microstation. I really didn't like Microstation.
Relaxed Work Environment
Electrical Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
Relaxed Work Environment. Nice People. Not so good Management. It has offices all over the country, has few overseas offices as well. It has a good work-life balance but poor salary.
My print room dept was very happy with me as supervisor
Print Room Manager, Oradell, New Jersey (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 17, 2018
I worked for ARC subcontractor for onsite at Burns and Roe. Power Engineers took over ib 2014 and added the printroom on as Power Employees I was responsible for Printroom, mailroom and facilities. Very happy and busy print room. I handled everything without any help from management.
Pros
Some free lunches, thirsty Thursday, fruit Monday's
Cons
Bad management
Professional Engineering
Civil/Structural Engineer, T-Line Group (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 15, 2018
Power Engineers was a good place to work. Their professionals were very knowledgeable and easy to get along with.

Working with clients like Ameren and Entergy were a good learning experience in various Transmission Line design.
No work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  IdahoAugust 27, 2018
Bad Management;Racist,unprofessional, unproductive, no diversity, barely had work, stared at computer 8 hours a day, kept promising more work never happens
Worked from home
Contract Engineer doing work for CenturyLink (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 21, 2018
The function I did for them required little or no interaction from the office. Working from I was able to set my own hours, there was no overtime unless pre-approved and the people I engaged with were helpful, supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Provided health care benefits, paid holidays and vacation and available if questions or concerns arose.
Cons
The 1 hour time difference was a challenge at times, I wasn't able to take part in any benefits as I was laid off before they became availble.
Overall great company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 21, 2018
Company hired me on as a contractor and brought me up to speed with new software. They have a good team going and are willing to work with there employees to further employee education.
Great company to work for
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 16, 2018
I had the opportunity to intern with the substation group at POWER. The company has a laid back feel while still pushing you to become the best you. I was able to ask many questions on things that I was confused and get responses back in a timely manner.
Cons
n/a
All work
Electrical Engineer III/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 15, 2018
Does not pay attention to how bad they run their employees into the ground with "optional" overtime. Not a good place to work if you have kids...you wont see them.
disorganized poor managenment with corporate struccture
Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2018
Seems like no one is in charge. Projects are poorly planned and due dates are usually a late rush to meet. No consistency in drawing formats or drafting standards
Pros
no rigid work hours
Great Place to work at
High Voltage Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 26, 2018
This place has some of the best people I ever worked with. The team I was with had a great work ethic and amazing communication skills. It has been one of the best places I have worked at.
I loved working at Power Engineer Inc I would recommend anyone to do the say they are all professionals and the environment is great to be apart of.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 18, 2018
My day begins at Power Engineers bright and early, my coworkers are polite. I learned that if you keep trying you will achieve greatness. The most enjoyable was helping others throughout the day and getting the job done correctly.
Pros
Room for growth
I like it
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDMarch 30, 2018
It was a great place to work. They took care of their employees. Their insurance was really good and affordable. I was able to put myself, my husband and my seven kids on it with my salary.
Great Company and Great People
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 12, 2018
I would highly recommend POWER Engineers to anyone. The culture and work are incredible. You can advance and grow with the company. They do peer reviews, management review, and goal setting annually which I appreciate.
Great Company to work for
Project Manager III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis/CincinnatiMarch 5, 2018
Great working atmosphere. They only hire the best. They deliver great work, they have fun and pay well. If I was not laid off, I would not have left the company