Power Engineers, Inc. Employee Reviews

No work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  IdahoAugust 27, 2018
Bad Management;Racist,unprofessional, unproductive, no diversity, barely had work, stared at computer 8 hours a day, kept promising more work never happens
Worked from home
Contract Engineer doing work for CenturyLink (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 21, 2018
The function I did for them required little or no interaction from the office. Working from I was able to set my own hours, there was no overtime unless pre-approved and the people I engaged with were helpful, supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Provided health care benefits, paid holidays and vacation and available if questions or concerns arose.
Cons
The 1 hour time difference was a challenge at times, I wasn't able to take part in any benefits as I was laid off before they became availble.
Overall great company
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 21, 2018
Company hired me on as a contractor and brought me up to speed with new software. They have a good team going and are willing to work with there employees to further employee education.
Great company to work for
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 16, 2018
I had the opportunity to intern with the substation group at POWER. The company has a laid back feel while still pushing you to become the best you. I was able to ask many questions on things that I was confused and get responses back in a timely manner.
Cons
n/a
All work
Electrical Engineer III/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 15, 2018
Does not pay attention to how bad they run their employees into the ground with "optional" overtime. Not a good place to work if you have kids...you wont see them.
disorganized poor managenment with corporate struccture
Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2018
Seems like no one is in charge. Projects are poorly planned and due dates are usually a late rush to meet. No consistency in drawing formats or drafting standards
Pros
no rigid work hours
Great Place to work at
High Voltage Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 26, 2018
This place has some of the best people I ever worked with. The team I was with had a great work ethic and amazing communication skills. It has been one of the best places I have worked at.
I loved working at Power Engineer Inc I would recommend anyone to do the say they are all professionals and the environment is great to be apart of.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 18, 2018
My day begins at Power Engineers bright and early, my coworkers are polite. I learned that if you keep trying you will achieve greatness. The most enjoyable was helping others throughout the day and getting the job done correctly.
Pros
Room for growth
I like it
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDMarch 30, 2018
It was a great place to work. They took care of their employees. Their insurance was really good and affordable. I was able to put myself, my husband and my seven kids on it with my salary.
Great Company and Great People
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 12, 2018
I would highly recommend POWER Engineers to anyone. The culture and work are incredible. You can advance and grow with the company. They do peer reviews, management review, and goal setting annually which I appreciate.
Great Company to work for
Project Manager III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis/CincinnatiMarch 5, 2018
Great working atmosphere. They only hire the best. They deliver great work, they have fun and pay well. If I was not laid off, I would not have left the company
Good Opportunities
CONTRACT FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  worked in the states of Iowa & ColoradoFebruary 26, 2018
Constantly travelled to work sites in several states. Was given ample support and training. Due to my association with client companies, it allowed me to showcase my abilities to potential employers on the job, and put me in a position to seek better opportunities.
Pros
Professional and supportive
Cons
A lot of travel and spending time on the road.
Productive work environment
Senior Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Oradell, NJFebruary 26, 2018
The company credo is "Do good work, make money ,have fun".
They are very employee oriented and provide an excellent atmosphere for this to take place.
Stay Busy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oradell, NJFebruary 11, 2018
POWER took over the company I worked for. They upgraded a lot of things, but when business slowed, they were very quick to lay off people. Stay busy or you're gone.
Nice work culture
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 22, 2018
While Power is a large company of about 2800 employees the architectural department is only about 10 employees. PM are not accessible except by project leads. Project leads are not accessible if you are not at their office location even if you are trying to complete their project. If you point out something that is incorrect in the documents you will pay the price as a new employee in the architectural side of the business.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
limited project types, and management access
Easy and relaxing
Assembly Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Power engineering is a very nice and relaxing company . The workers and the managers are super nice and very friendly . Best tips is to get to work on time and get the job done .
Cons
Beinefits
Enjoyable work environment
Field Representative II (Tortoise Field Biologist) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
Worked with a small crew doing pre-construction surveys. The days were much more consistent than environmental monitoring jobs. I learned a great deal about desert tortoise health assessments.
Worked in the field at all times and had limited contact with coworkers
Compliance Inspection Contractor (CIC) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
I was in the field all of the time while working for Power Engineers. I was able to use and build upon my skills as a environmental compliance monitor.
They provide beer on Friday. Very flexible
Receptionist/ Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2017
My time with POWER has been a great one but I don't have any advancement options there. I have learned a lot of good things that I hope to take in to my next job career.
Pros
free beer on Fridays
Cons
no room to advance
Do Good Work, Have Fun and Make Money
Project Manager's Assistant (Current Employee) –  IdahoDecember 22, 2017
Do Good Work, Have Fun and Make Money

Regular work hours.
Nice office environment.
Nice friendly atmosphere.
Good Pay.
Typical vacation and sick time.