Power Engineers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
All work
Electrical Engineer III/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 15, 2018
Does not pay attention to how bad they run their employees into the ground with "optional" overtime. Not a good place to work if you have kids...you wont see them.
disorganized poor managenment with corporate struccture
Distribution Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2018
Seems like no one is in charge. Projects are poorly planned and due dates are usually a late rush to meet. No consistency in drawing formats or drafting standards
Pros
no rigid work hours
I loved working at Power Engineer Inc I would recommend anyone to do the say they are all professionals and the environment is great to be apart of.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 18, 2018
My day begins at Power Engineers bright and early, my coworkers are polite. I learned that if you keep trying you will achieve greatness. The most enjoyable was helping others throughout the day and getting the job done correctly.
Pros
Room for growth
I like it
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDMarch 30, 2018
It was a great place to work. They took care of their employees. Their insurance was really good and affordable. I was able to put myself, my husband and my seven kids on it with my salary.
Great Company and Great People
Staff Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 12, 2018
I would highly recommend POWER Engineers to anyone. The culture and work are incredible. You can advance and grow with the company. They do peer reviews, management review, and goal setting annually which I appreciate.
Great Company to work for
Project Manager III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis/CincinnatiMarch 5, 2018
Great working atmosphere. They only hire the best. They deliver great work, they have fun and pay well. If I was not laid off, I would not have left the company
Good Opportunities
CONTRACT FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  worked in the states of Iowa & ColoradoFebruary 26, 2018
Constantly travelled to work sites in several states. Was given ample support and training. Due to my association with client companies, it allowed me to showcase my abilities to potential employers on the job, and put me in a position to seek better opportunities.
Pros
Professional and supportive
Cons
A lot of travel and spending time on the road.
Productive work environment
Senior Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Oradell, NJFebruary 26, 2018
The company credo is "Do good work, make money ,have fun".
They are very employee oriented and provide an excellent atmosphere for this to take place.
Stay Busy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oradell, NJFebruary 11, 2018
POWER took over the company I worked for. They upgraded a lot of things, but when business slowed, they were very quick to lay off people. Stay busy or you're gone.
Nice work culture
Architectural Designer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 22, 2018
While Power is a large company of about 2800 employees the architectural department is only about 10 employees. PM are not accessible except by project leads. Project leads are not accessible if you are not at their office location even if you are trying to complete their project. If you point out something that is incorrect in the documents you will pay the price as a new employee in the architectural side of the business.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
limited project types, and management access
Easy and relaxing
Assembly Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Power engineering is a very nice and relaxing company . The workers and the managers are super nice and very friendly . Best tips is to get to work on time and get the job done .
Cons
Beinefits
Enjoyable work environment
Field Representative II (Tortoise Field Biologist) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
Worked with a small crew doing pre-construction surveys. The days were much more consistent than environmental monitoring jobs. I learned a great deal about desert tortoise health assessments.
Worked in the field at all times and had limited contact with coworkers
Compliance Inspection Contractor (CIC) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
I was in the field all of the time while working for Power Engineers. I was able to use and build upon my skills as a environmental compliance monitor.
They provide beer on Friday. Very flexible
Receptionist/ Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2017
My time with POWER has been a great one but I don't have any advancement options there. I have learned a lot of good things that I hope to take in to my next job career.
Pros
free beer on Fridays
Cons
no room to advance
Do Good Work, Have Fun and Make Money
Project Manager's Assistant (Current Employee) –  IdahoDecember 22, 2017
Do Good Work, Have Fun and Make Money

Regular work hours.
Nice office environment.
Nice friendly atmosphere.
Good Pay.
Typical vacation and sick time.
Poorly managed
Designer II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 20, 2017
I have worked for Power - Facilities for about 4 years and plan on quitting soon. I was hired to do project design, then worked as production CAD. Management would never address any serious issues and allowed some the office to fall into an unprofessional circus. Some very dedicated employees show up early and stay late while others come in late, BS for an hour then leave early for lunch. If they like you can do no wrong - and you know the other side to that coin. Shabby building, not enough parking and microscopic work stations sums up the office.
I learned little while here and was never approved for any training. The company's favorite sons used all of the training money fly across the country.
The hardest part of the job was having a deadline to edit and print 300 dgn files moved up by 3 days because management wanted more time to twirl their pencils. This forced me to work 11 hours one day and come in at 5 am the next. No thank you for that. Project "managers" would call up and ream you over a situation that where they had no information.
The most enjoyable part of the job (besides 5 pm) was the free t-shirts.
Pros
OK pay, good health care
Cons
poor management, high stress, and lack of training
New location and open atomospher
Civil Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 19, 2017
Everyone is very nice. Mondays they give free fruit, Wednesday there were free nuts and Friday there were free donuts. Many people were willing to teach me new programs.
Used to be better
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDDecember 11, 2017
In the last five years there have been many changes for the better and not so much. Now there are so many committees and sub committees that nothing gets done. People that used to advance on merit are being held back by lack of degree and being passed over for opportunity. POWER went from an amazing place that felt like family to a corporate that only cares about money
Power Engineering is one of the best place to work.
PROJECT PLANNER/SCHEDULE (Former Employee) –  Hailey, IDDecember 4, 2017
Power Engineering is one of the best company to work.Its a company with excellent collaborative culture,good management that allow individual initiative and growth.Though i worked there as contract employee but i don't have any regret working there .My direct boss the lead scheduler is a great motivator .
Pros
Good team management
Cons
I dont have any complain because they met all condition based on my contract agreement
Immediate supervision
OSP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, ColoradoNovember 18, 2017
The immediate supervision of the telephone sector seemed to lack vision for improving continued work for employees. Training for specific work was lacking at best.
Pros
free coffee and fruit
Cons
lack of knowledgeable supervision